PDA

View Full Version : Anyone hear Doug Gottweeb?

oumartin
12/9/2008, 02:34 PM
I love his arguments against sooner fans that feel ESPN slights OU.

He like puts his fingers in his ears and just goes Na Na Na Na until they finish talking them spews out the same stuff over and over.

He also accussed Bob of running it up and Mark Rodgers put out the stats to disprove it. Yet Gottweeb just can't comprehend.

Mark and Doug, possibly the two worst sports releated folks ever in the state.

fadada1
12/9/2008, 02:35 PM
but he was an excellent shooting point guard.

oumartin
12/9/2008, 02:37 PM
Ole' sticky fingers.

bluedogok
12/9/2008, 02:40 PM
I think Gottlieb is pretty solid on the work he does, just not so much when it involves either OU or OSU.

Lott's Bandana
12/9/2008, 02:41 PM
DG was on Rodger's radio show recently, on the phone sitting by his hotel's pool in SoCal, waiting to tape his 5-minute spot on Jim Rome's TV show...a week of sun, pool and 5-minutes of work each day.

He ain't bitin' that hand, nosssir.

oumartin
12/9/2008, 02:46 PM
well he did just say we got Stomped by LSU.

this is what confuses me.

Yes, LSU dominated that game until the 4th quarter. Yet OU had the ball inside their ten when Chuck stuck his head up his @ss to call the last 4 plays.
OU had a chance to tie or win that game.(an LSU home game)

yet.

Tech got lucky against Texas however Tech dominated that game until the
4th quarter when texas made a comeback. Tech did win the game for those of you that don't remember.

Soonersince57
12/9/2008, 02:48 PM
"OU fans are the whiniest bunch of fans, blah, blah, blah . . . ."

How dare we question his and the ESPN guys journalistic standards?

LuckyNedPepper
12/9/2008, 02:48 PM
He is irrelevant.

He has no credibility.

He's a person who doesn't man-up when he gets something wrong. If it's pointed out to him, he reverts to behavior of that of 6-year olds, blaming others for his own mistake. Ie: getting mad at KOCO-5 for not pulling the video feed when Nate Hybill and Trent Smith challenged him and Trabor when they were being baffoons.

oumartin
12/9/2008, 02:51 PM
I recall when Sean got the boot that he would not give OSU another dime and he was done with the Universities basketball program. Now he is on their new coachs' jock.

Hot Rod
12/9/2008, 02:53 PM
Judging by DG's logic, we destroyed Texas last year then.

BermudaSooner
12/9/2008, 02:53 PM
I'd say challenge him to a free throw shooting contest. Even Shaq could probably win that.

oumartin
12/9/2008, 03:00 PM
if I didn't mind sittin' on the phone for hours on end I could have asked him what he thought about all the law breakin' pro athletes in the world. Do they deserve a second chance or do we only give second chances to those who committ crimes like stealing credit cards..

oupride
12/9/2008, 03:06 PM
Are there any OKC/Norman radio stations that can be heard online for free? Anyone know?

SoonerTroll
12/9/2008, 03:10 PM
Why is eveyone so concerned with the "fairness" of the espn coverage. If this whole tie thing has taught us anything it's that life is not fair, so if you do not like what they have to say just change the channel.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/9/2008, 03:18 PM
He had to find a different line of work since there is so much Identity theft security these days

KaleoHolley
12/9/2008, 03:25 PM
It is very frustrating to hear everyone bash the team you love. ESPN has been doing a lot of that this year. But they do televise the RRR and you know they want big numbers for that. They are just stirring the pot. I take whatever those experts say with a grain of salt.

As for Ole Sticky fingers Doug do you expect anything different? He went to Norte Dame and OSU. Lest we forget.

Aries
12/9/2008, 03:43 PM
Are there any OKC/Norman radio stations that can be heard online for free? Anyone know?

Not all of these are in OKC, but if you're looking for Sooner football KMOD in Tulsa broadcasts their games and streams, and maybe you'll find whatever else you're looking for here...

http://radiotime.com/affiliate/a_37520/station/Oklahoma_Sooners_(Football)_Radio_Stations.aspx

Sooner_Bob
12/9/2008, 03:47 PM
I only listen to Rodgers when I have to . . . and Gottlieb, well there are days I think he's got some common sense and then he goes and says stuff to prove me wrong.

They both do nothing but bash callers who disagree with them and then hang up on them when the caller starts to make a valid point or in their mind becomes annoying.

Partial Qualifier
12/9/2008, 04:05 PM
I dislike Gottlieb as much as anyone, but he's on the record as siding with the 3-way-tie people.

Meaning, he's argued quite a bit against the people who forgot that Texas Tech beat Texas in November, 2008 by a score of 33-39.

Actually -- myself, I couldn't believe it when I heard it. But he sees the whole picture and called Texas fans 'the whiniest fanbase on the planet' or something similiar.

oumartin
12/9/2008, 05:12 PM
no, he called OU fans the whiniest fanbase on the planet

SoonersEnFuego
12/9/2008, 05:19 PM
www.thesportsanimal.com (http://www.thesportsanimal.com)
www.kref.com (http://www.kref.com)
www.1430thebuzz.com (http://www.1430thebuzz.com) (Tulsa)

MojoRisen
12/9/2008, 05:20 PM
Give the guy a break he has a Tumor..

soonervet
12/10/2008, 12:05 AM
must be a brain tumor.

beer4me
12/10/2008, 08:51 AM
Yea I heard it too and made a post over on OUinsider about his comments:

Here is just one part of my rant over there.

"What I meant about this post was that DG pizzed me off simply because of his condescending attitude, holier than thou, and you are stupid attitude that he carries.

I do not care how good he has done and how far he has come. This whole point was IMPO. Don’t like it ok, is this is a forum not a place to express your personal opinion right or wrong or is it not?

It is only my personal opinion of him. You can argue he has done well for himself. No argument with that, but that still does not mean I have to like him or agree with him and his narrow stance.

When it comes to Basketball, he is one of the first one's that I turn too because he is that good. But beyond BB he is a tool and nothing else. IMO

As stated above he has many traits that I DO NOT LIKE. Don’t care if he is on ESPN. Don’t care how fast he got there.

He has the gift of gab, I bow down to that, I don’t really don’t care. I do not possess the same trait. More power to him he will make more money in a month than I will probably make in my life time.

Guess most of you forgot the many time DG was a whore with the same guy at Big Red Imports that made bets with the guy who in the end was found out to be paying Bomar and others.

Do you not remember the Big Red Sports and Imports bets that DG made with the manager there??

That is why Doug makes my butt want to chew tobacco.

For you infants let me translate:

He CHAPS my azz
He is a burr under my saddle
Etc. etc."

PalmBeachSooner
12/10/2008, 09:58 AM
Guys...these shows are for entertainment purposes only. They aren't jounalists or reporters. They are talking heads who only care about ratings. There's no anti-OU agenda. If you were a producer wouldn't you expoit the OU Texas debate? I can assure if it had been the other way around and OU was sitting home after beating Texas we'd be pissing and moaning and the talking heads would treat it the same way. OU fans have to be the most insecure pricks I have ever met.

Soonersince57
12/10/2008, 10:06 AM
Guys...these shows are for entertainment purposes only. They aren't jounalists or reporters. They are talking heads who only care about ratings. There's no anti-OU agenda. If you were a producer wouldn't you expoit the OU Texas debate? I can assure if it had been the other way around and OU was sitting home after beating Texas we'd be pissing and moaning and the talking heads would treat it the same way. OU fans have to be the most insecure pricks I have ever met.

And we love you too!:)

oumartin
12/10/2008, 11:01 AM
DG is a tool.

thats something we should all agree on.

OUmillenium
12/10/2008, 11:30 AM
agreed

stoopified
12/10/2008, 12:03 PM
but he was an excellent shooting point guard for a guy who couldn't shoot(from the field or the line) to save his life..Fixed