PDA

View Full Version : A big thank you is in order

soonerfire13
12/9/2008, 11:19 AM
As I am planning my trip to Miami, I’ve had to reminisce on all the magical events that led to the Sooners winding up in the BCS championship game. There are so many to thank for this joyful event.

· First, I would like to thank Oregon State for knocking off USC, at the beginning of the year. The Pac 10 was so weak that it looked like USC already had a spot in the big game.

· The Iowa kicker for making that last second field goal to beat Penn State.

· The defensive back for Texas that dropped the easy interception.

· The whole Texas defense for giving up that last touchdown drive.

· House of pain for whipping an already electric crowd against Tech into total chaos with the jump around song.

· The pilot that flew the banners over our last two games proving once again that Texas fans are the biggest crybabies.

· The person that brought the (But, but, were Texas) sign at the big 12 championship.

· The Mizzou fans to my left that were cheering for their defense to take out Bradfords knees on every other play, it made it that much more enjoyable waving bye to their stupid *** as they were leaving late in the 2nd quarter.

· The self-admitted highly intelligent Texas fans that can’t figure out how a 3-way tie works.

OK, not all of these things led to OU making it to Miami, but it sure made it more enjoyable!

Knippz
12/9/2008, 11:27 AM
Blake Gideon - Drops the easiest INT in history, that could have closed the game for Texas.

ESPN (I know...really?!!!) - Being complete D-bags all year, motivating OU to f*ck sh*t up!

Mack Brown and UT fans - Securing my supreme hatred for Texas for all eternity.

Texas Tech - Going undefeated up to November 22nd. Not only was that great because beating a 10-0 team basically boosted us into the MNC, but also because we got to completely RUIN in every possible way their greatest season ever.

Big 12 surprises - For the 2nd straight year, we sent the "surprise team" of the Big 12, in the peak of their school's career, to the Cotton Bowl. (Mizzou, Tech)

Computers - they negated the retarded voters, launching us into the Big 12 Championship game.

Soonerfans.com - Making my season even greater.

Recruiting - One of the best Freshman classes we've ever had. 28 must be a lucky number! :D

The media - Angering me beyond belief, fueling the fire that, if we win the MNC, will make this season THAT MUCH GREATER!

Every team we played - for getting blown out in the 1st half, leaving Bradford plenty of time to rest all season.

Chase Daniel - making the end of the season have meaning - to once again add to that of the "Legend of Chase Daniel". (Vs. OU, LOL!)

Big 12 3-way Tiebreaker - You all know what happened.

Kevin Wilson and the offensive staff - WOW! Just WOW!

Barry Switzer - for being the one to announce to the world that we jumped Texas in the rankings in the final week before the Big 12 Champ. game. "You can tell by the smile on my face."

Whoever photoshopped the picture of Cartman licking Scott Tenorman's tears - BEST...PICTURE...EVER!

Bradford - The messiah.

Stoops - Moses.

DITKA - Ditka.

And last, the SOONERS - For playing an absolute amazing season. Entertaining me for many months. And carrying on the Oklahoma championship tradition.

oumartin
12/9/2008, 11:28 AM
Don't forget the Rodgers kid, the Oregon State running back (from texas) who ran wild on that SUC defense.

sshusker
12/9/2008, 11:32 AM
Don't forget Joe Ganz, the Nebraska QB who threw an interception in OT against Texas Tech. This came after TT scored and missed their extra point.

SoonerLB
12/9/2008, 11:33 AM
I think you should thank Texas Tech and Mike Leach.
After all .................
They BEAT TEXAS!

The Maestro
12/9/2008, 11:33 AM
Throw in a thank you to Jevan Snead. A whorn reject who outplayed Teabeaugh in Gainesville to give Ole Miss a win.

And a thank you to Mike Leach, Art Briles and Gary Pinkel. The only three voting members of the Coaches Poll who faced OU and Texas...and ranked OU number one in the final poll.

Dan Thompson
12/9/2008, 11:34 AM
Well ESPN can now replace the Boise St 2 pt play with Gideon dropped pass.

FirstandGoal
12/9/2008, 11:43 AM
Let's also be very thankful that Cincy and TCU were on OUr schedule.

.... although I'm still pissed at TCU's kicker :mad:

meoveryouxinfinity
12/9/2008, 11:50 AM
The security lady at Arrowhead. She could clearly see the oranges in my pocket and gave me a wink and let me in with them.

Screw you who say don't throw oranges, we will probably never be playing in the OB again, so why not throw them when we're going bowling in Florida.. it's tradition...

SoonerLB
12/9/2008, 01:13 PM
It's not tradition, it is out and out STUPIDITY!
And another fine example of your intelligence is you admit to doing it publicly, smooth move xlax.

The Maestro
12/9/2008, 01:19 PM
smooth move xlax.

Wow...flashback to 1984!!!

meoveryouxinfinity
12/9/2008, 01:36 PM
It's not tradition, it is out and out STUPIDITY!
And another fine example of your intelligence is you admit to doing it publicly, smooth move xlax.

well, if it makes you feel any better the people next to me stole them and threw them for me.

primetime43
12/9/2008, 01:44 PM
Thank you Baylor for not playing spoiler against Tech even though it was way to close for comfort. They made the 3 way tie official!

oumartin
12/9/2008, 02:00 PM
dont' worry about it. throwin' oranges has been going on for years. some find it dumb and some don't. I for one like it so long as its aimed for an empty spot on the field.. or at an oppossing sideline

meoveryouxinfinity
12/9/2008, 02:04 PM
dont' worry about it. throwin' oranges has been going on for years. some find it dumb and some don't. I for one like it so long as its aimed for an empty spot on the field.. or at an oppossing sideline

right after we scored before halftime. no flags, in to the endzone where the trainers could pick them up.

speaking of flags, anyone else have flashbacks when the ponies got stuck on the field after that score?

yermom
12/9/2008, 03:24 PM
i was waiting for flags :eek:

i'd like to thank Tech for only losing to us

basically the same sentiment to Cincy and TCU, we could not have done it without them

OSU is in there too, even after not beating Texas for us, they lost to Tech and us for the assist :D

playing 6 ranked teams, and beating 5 of them certainly helped

the_ouskull
12/9/2008, 06:39 PM
speaking of flags, anyone else have flashbacks when the ponies got stuck on the field after that score?

Literally... I was AT the game when the Schooner tipped, and I drank with the driver afterwards. You think we as fans felt like sh*t? It wasn't even his fault. That turf was freakin' faulty. It was like backyard turf, and ripped all over the place. Miserable. Those aren't good driving conditions. They don't make steel-belted wagon wheels. So yeah, maybe I DID have a flashback. Sorry.

the_ouskull

htownsooner7
12/9/2008, 09:03 PM
sad deal

oupride
12/9/2008, 09:09 PM
Well ESPN can now replace the Boise St 2 pt play with Gideon dropped pass.
ditto

rainiersooner
12/9/2008, 09:12 PM
right after we scored before halftime. no flags, in to the endzone where the trainers could pick them up.

I was wondering when I saw that whether there is a contingency plan...you know, the Ruf Neks come out, unleash Boomer and Sooner, run them back to the side, take the wheels off, and call the special team unit over the carry the wagon off the field. Those refs must have been close to throwing a flag!

StormySooner-IN
12/9/2008, 09:22 PM

Hell, even I had flashbacks, and I wasnt born till '92. God knows everytime the TVcasters see OUr schooner....they have to bring that up....

StormySooner-IN
12/9/2008, 09:24 PM
Also, I would like to say thanks to all the mentioned in this thread.