PDA

View Full Version : BE HUMBLE, NOT ARROGANT...CONFIDENT, NOT COCKY!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/9/2008, 01:55 AM
I respect the HELL out of Florida. Urban Meyer has a proven BCS-winning and National Championship-winning system. He has great, not just good, assistants driving excellent results in all phases of the game. See Charlie Strong and that very good, if not excellent D, loaded with excellent swarming athletes (a guy by the name of Spikes comes to mind!). Tim Tebow IS a generational player, just as AD was and is. Dude is a freaking manchild with game out of his own skull. And if you don't respect that, then the gape that he makes out of your own butt is YOUR fault, not anyone elses. Florida has a GREAT, not just good, team.

But we can beat them. Sam and Gerald can lead the team, this GREAT team, and beat them. It will take all they have. They will have to be focussed. They must be mentally sharp. They must play with all the wild abandon they have in their bodies. But if they do, IF.... they do... they can win it all.

They will win it all with humility, and confidence, and the will to "PLAY LIKE A CHAMPION TODAY!"

BOOMER SOONER!

SoonerNerd
12/9/2008, 02:03 AM
Florida is good, there's no doubt. The Sooners can do anything they put their collective minds to. Go OU get it done in Miami.

12/9/2008, 02:15 AM
Since I'm not suiting up and I work where I do, I'm going to be a jackass. :D

The rest of you, though... what O'da said.

Actually, that is exactly the approach that needs to be taken and I'm pretty sure Stoops hasn't taken any of those bowl game losses any lighter than we have.

WA. Sooner
12/9/2008, 02:16 AM
AMEN to the thread title

Crucifax Autumn
12/9/2008, 02:44 AM
I'm mostly humble, a bit arrogant and very confident.

I get the idea, but while I do have a healthy amount of fear I also think we're gonna kick their asses. I also don't think anything we say here will matter as far as the game goes.

Stoops knows how good they are and the players do too. I'm fairly certain Brent knows he's up against a pretty good offense and I'm sure he'll be watching film and seeing what worked and didn't work for a lot of teams with less talent than we have.

MojoRisen
12/9/2008, 10:32 AM
I think Brent realizes that we can not just line them up like normal and win after these last bowl games... He will have some game planning to do and I think he is up for the task... I look forward to how we approach them and what risks we take...

I like the fact that we can control tempo- it seemed like the bama game they got stopped once or twice and that was the ball game...

swardboy
12/9/2008, 10:43 AM
And I'll bet Stoops doesn't let Granger go shopping alone.

NOVSooner
12/9/2008, 10:54 AM
j/w, i know we have recruiting, etc. but is it customary to take a whole week off practice in prep for a bowl game? Bob said they would have the entire week off and they'd begin bowl practice next week. i'm sure stoops and crew will be watching hours and hours of film to get a game plan going for practice, but are the players in on the film sessions, also, etc. a week off just kind of worries me

meoveryouxinfinity
12/9/2008, 11:01 AM
j/w, i know we have recruiting, etc. but is it customary to take a whole week off practice in prep for a bowl game? Bob said they would have the entire week off and they'd begin bowl practice next week. i'm sure stoops and crew will be watching hours and hours of film to get a game plan going for practice, but are the players in on the film sessions, also, etc. a week off just kind of worries me

anything to change the prep from the last few years lol. Sam has had surgery, DM is hurt, why not let the rest of the team have a week off before finals? They just 3-"pete"d as Big XII Champions. I think this is a good thing.

12/9/2008, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I think the week off has more to do with finals than anything.

Dan Thompson
12/9/2008, 12:09 PM
They took a week off before the TT game, and I think it turned out okay.