PDA

View Full Version : Rocky Mtn News final Heisman Poll is out.

aurorasooner
12/8/2008, 11:28 PM
Sorry if it's been posted, I didn't see it in the Bradford thread. According to Rhode some of these Heisman voters are real class acts, not voting on who they think the best player is but voting for McCoy and against Sammy because they disagree with the Big 12 Conference Tiebreaker preset rules that everyone agreed on.
In conversations with other voters, Rohde said he discerned a curious mind-set for voting McCoy No. 1: "(They) are going with McCoy because they thought Texas belonged in the Big 12 title game instead of Oklahoma. They think the Big 12 tiebreaker is flawed, so they're taking it out on Bradford?

"That's warped, but you'd be surprised how many people think that way."This newspaper's poll has served as a fairly accurate barometer in foretelling the official winner, correctly tabbing Tebow last season and, before that, predicting the winner in 17 of the previous 20 seasons.

The Rocky's poll, in its 22nd year, is the longest-running weekly Heisman watch in the country.
The electorate has spoken.

Ah, softly and somewhat indecisively.

As a precursor to what might be among the tightest national balloting ever to determine the winner of college football's most prestigious national award, 10 Rocky panelists with Heisman Trophy votes - two voters from each region of the country - labored to select Texas quarterback Colt McCoy as their 2008 winner.

McCoy received 42 points, Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford received 41, and Florida quarterback Tim Tebow, the 2007 Heisman winner, received 34.

A third Big 12 Conference quarterback, Texas Tech's Graham Harrell, finished fourth among the Rocky voters with 23 points. Four other players received votes, but none of that quartet got more than five.http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/08/heisman-race-comes-down-to-wire/

SoonerJack
12/8/2008, 11:34 PM
What else would you expect from Colorado?

aurorasooner
12/8/2008, 11:47 PM
What else would you expect from Colorado?

This newspaper's poll has served as a fairly accurate barometer in foretelling the official winner, correctly tabbing Tebow last season and, before that, predicting the winner in 17 of the previous 20 seasons.

The Rocky's poll, in its 22nd year, is the longest-running weekly Heisman watch in the country. If their reporter Bernie Lincicome is any indication most of their guys don't pay much attention to CFB and would vote against someone as a protest against the Big 12 conference instead of voting who they believed as the best player, as he simply had no clue about the workings of the BCS system in that ridiculous column he posted last week. You can tell a lot of ESPN guys are that way because of their totally unprofessional "cat-call" 3rd grade comments. The way I figure it is that either way we'll win. If Sammy gets hosed, our team will come together even more for the BCS CC game. As it happened with Heupel, I'm sure Sammy would trade the Heisman for a win in Miami.

Bosley
12/8/2008, 11:48 PM
I thought this was interesting from the paper:

Heisman poll week by week
Week First Second Third Fourth Fifth
Sept. 23 Daniel Bradford Tebow Sanchez Moreno
Sept. 30 Daniel Bradford McCoy Hall Ringer
Oct. 7 Daniel Bradford McCoy Maclin Four tied
Oct. 14 McCoy Bradford Ringer Daniel Tebo
Oct. 21 McCoy Bradford Tebow Bryant Daniel, Harrell
Oct. 28 McCoy Bradford Harrell Tebow Daniel
Nov. 4 Harrell McCoy Bradford Tebow Crabtree
Nov. 11 Harrell McCoy Bradford Tebow Crabtree
Nov. 18 Harrell McCoy Bradford Tebow Crabtree
Nov. 25 Bradford McCoy Harrell Tebow Clark, Daniel
Dec. 2 Bradford McCoy Tebow Harrell Moreno
Dec. 9 McCoy Bradford Tebow Harrell Greene

Somehow McCoy passes Bradford in the poll, while Bradford is winning the big 12 championship and Colt is sitting on his ***.

olevetonahill
12/8/2008, 11:52 PM
Succs fer Sam But **** em ;)

oumartin
12/8/2008, 11:54 PM
we know who is the best, 'f' the rest of em.

this means you McCoy
this means you Tebow
This means you Harrell

IronSooner
12/9/2008, 12:04 AM
Who gives a ****? The Heisman has become a complete bull**** award. Best QB on a top-5 team. Not best player in CFB. And this year it's not even the best QB. So yeah, **** 'em.

Crucifax Autumn
12/9/2008, 12:10 AM
The way I see it it just motivates our guys to win the championship game and gives Sam a reason to come back next year.

SoonerNerd
12/9/2008, 12:10 AM
That Heisman will look great on Colt and Chase Daniel's mantle as they settle down together for the winter. Really though, I think they may be more than best friends.