12/8/2008, 10:56 PM
this is pretty sweet

OU-HSV
12/8/2008, 11:02 PM
Is it storming down there?

yermom
12/8/2008, 11:09 PM
it was...

my cable modem and router is on UPS (seriously, everyone should have one)

i wonder how long it will last :D

OU-HSV
12/8/2008, 11:43 PM
Sweet. Just looked at the radar, headed this direction. Already hearing a little thunder here

yermom
12/8/2008, 11:57 PM
it's back now

never lost internet :D

bri
12/9/2008, 12:38 AM
Dear Central Oklahoma,

You suck at storms. Tell the hamster to run faster next time.

:D

yermom
12/9/2008, 12:46 AM
it went out while i was watching Heroes on DVR twice

i just finised it and they cut off the end :mad:

bri
12/9/2008, 12:50 AM
Looks like someone's gonna be going to hulu.com tomorrow, then. :D

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 12:51 AM
This was my first experience of a storm since having Dish Network. I lost it as soon as the rain started pouring and the lighting was flashing and pea size hail was dropping. The power blipped (just barely). But I must say a couple minutes later the dish was back and running smooth.

Curly Bill
12/9/2008, 12:55 AM
Here in North Texas the bottom just fell out of the clouds!

Suweeet, cause we needs the rain.

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 01:03 AM
You sure the top didn't fall out of the bottom??

Curly Bill
12/9/2008, 01:05 AM
You sure the top didn't fall out of the bottom??

Coulda been, but whether it was the bottom or the top, it was wet. ;)

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 01:06 AM
Coulda been, but whether it was the bottom or the top, it was wet. ;)
Yikes
:D

Pricetag
12/9/2008, 02:20 AM
We had some pretty heavy damage in my neighborhood. It lasted all of about ten seconds, but it was ridiculous all that it did. My side fences in the back yard are toast--snapped the four by four posts off right at the ground. My son's play set is history, as is our patio furniture and my grill. It all ended up in my neighbor's back yard.

Speaking of my neighbor, he got rocked even worse. It dang near ripped his chimney clean off, and made a couple of holes in his roof. His neighbor on the other side has a two by four sticking out of her roof. Crazy stuff.

proud gonzo
12/9/2008, 10:41 AM
dang

yermom
12/9/2008, 11:25 AM
yeah, it wasn't THAT bad around me, just some transformer hated life or something

it was barely even raining when the lights went out

what part of Tulsa are you in Pricetag?

bri
12/9/2008, 11:56 AM
yeah, it wasn't THAT bad around me, just some transformer hated life or something.

It was probably Bumblebee.

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 09:00 PM
We had some pretty heavy damage in my neighborhood. It lasted all of about ten seconds, but it was ridiculous all that it did. My side fences in the back yard are toast--snapped the four by four posts off right at the ground. My son's play set is history, as is our patio furniture and my grill. It all ended up in my neighbor's back yard.

Speaking of my neighbor, he got rocked even worse. It dang near ripped his chimney clean off, and made a couple of holes in his roof. His neighbor on the other side has a two by four sticking out of her roof. Crazy stuff.

Wow, that sounds pretty dang bad. I noticed a neighbors kid's pool landed in my yard from somewhere down the street. And someone's grill cover was out in the road by my mailbox. After hearing of all the other damage in B.A. and some now in Tulsa, sounds like I need to give my house a lookover in the daylight.

Pricetag
12/9/2008, 10:24 PM
yeah, it wasn't THAT bad around me, just some transformer hated life or something

it was barely even raining when the lights went out

what part of Tulsa are you in Pricetag?
Broken Arrow, 41st and 217th E. Ave. They were saying on the news that it was a small tornado.

I have no idea where several sections of the fence on one side of my house went. They're just gone.

yermom
12/9/2008, 10:41 PM
Dang, glad you guys are ok