PDA

View Full Version : This is Jevan Snead, and oh, by the way .....

SoonerLB
12/8/2008, 10:54 PM
HE BEAT FLORIDA!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/JevanSnead.jpg

This is in response to the latest ESPN love quip for Colt McCoy, "oh, and he beat OU." Screw ESPN and their teXas agenda, I for one am getting pretty ****ed sick of it! :mad: :mad: :mad:

Sooner in Tampa
12/9/2008, 07:30 AM
Yeah...I heard that too...Freakin John Anderson...what a poo c!!!!!

Widescreen
12/9/2008, 08:19 AM
Tulsa TV gave him his first start. What a doosh.

bri
12/9/2008, 08:39 AM
He's a Mizzou grad. Probably still smarting from Saturday. ;)

Mr2Cents
12/9/2008, 09:49 AM
One of our traditions is the annual egg-laying performance against a huge SEC West underdog and this year it was Ole Miss. It's just one of those inexplicable things we do; doesn't matter where both teams are ranked, where the game is played, or by how many points Florida is favored. To wit:

2008: Lost to Ole Miss 31-30 (favored by 21 points)
2007: Lost to Auburn (favored by double digits), 20-17
2006: Lost to Auburn (slim favorites), 27-17
2005: Lost BADLY to Bama, 31-3
2004: Lost to Mississippi State (38-31) who was previously beaten by Maine
2003: Lost to Ole Miss at home, 20-17
2002: Lost to Ole Miss, 17-14
2001: Lost to Auburn 23-20 (as 21-point faves)
2000: Lost at Mississippi State, 47-35
1999: Lost to Bama at home, 40-39 on a missed XP in OT

MojoRisen
12/9/2008, 10:03 AM
Wow ole miss is a pain in Florida's neck.... I am kind of surprised that Tebow didn't try and make a point by pounding them at home this year...

bri
12/9/2008, 10:24 AM
Who's to say he didn't? I'm pretty sure "lose at home to inferior team" wasn't really the gameplan they worked on all week, it just kind of happened. :D

busynothings
12/9/2008, 10:40 AM
HE BEAT FLORIDA!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/barn9/JevanSnead.jpg

This is in response to the latest ESPN love quip for Colt McCoy, "oh, and he beat OU." Screw ESPN and their teXas agenda, I for one am getting pretty ****ed sick of it! :mad: :mad: :mad:

He beat Tim Tebow, and his coach is a bona fide quarterback killer.

TXBOOMER
12/9/2008, 10:51 AM
Jevan Snead is a good QB. I watched his team play Matt Stafford's team in the highschool playoffs a few years ago and I thought Snead was the better of the two even though they lost the game. I was actually glad when he left texass. Bottom line Tebow is awesome, mccoy and snead are both real good but I'll take my man Sam Bradford over any of them every day of the week. Fock espn and abc. They have done their job and won the Hiesman for Colt. What texass and colt did to get all of this hype is beyond me. To say Colt doesn't have talent around him at texass is a joke. OU, Florida or texass would not be near as good as they are without their QB's or the other talent that blocks, runs and catches for them. Everyone should do what I did and quit watching those *** clowns.

oupride
12/9/2008, 10:56 AM
Snead is a good QB. I travel and actually went to an Ole Miss game this year just to watch him play. He is a huge reason MS is in their bowl game.

Dan Thompson
12/9/2008, 12:31 PM
IMHO, there is nothing like Sam step up and let it fly.

TOUCHDOWN OKLAHOMA.

RUF/NEK N TX
12/9/2008, 01:08 PM
Can someone post that Torrence Marshall video where he told FSU "You got my boy's (Heisman) Trophy... I'm coming to get it"? I think that would be very appropriate at this point in time. I think Bradford doesn't have a decent shot at this weekend's hardware, but being an OU legacy, he knows the only hardware that matters can be earned Jan. 8. I'd take a NC anyday of the week over a Heisman. Give Tebow his two, and we'll take the ONE that's more important.

cpayan
12/9/2008, 01:25 PM
He used to be on the roster for Florida, too. That said, maybe if Ole Miss had done better, he would be in the Heisman contention, with something like beating Florida as a big part of his case.

JLEW1818
12/9/2008, 01:27 PM
I know every year is different, but this same Florida team lost to Michigan last year in a their bowl game. Just saying.

Widescreen
12/9/2008, 01:54 PM
I know every year is different, but this same Florida team lost to Michigan last year in a their bowl game. Just saying.

And this "same" OU team lost badly to WV in our bowl game.

Knippz
12/9/2008, 02:01 PM
Can someone post that Torrence Marshall video where he told FSU "You got my boy's (Heisman) Trophy... I'm coming to get it"? I think that would be very appropriate at this point in time. I think Bradford doesn't have a decent shot at this weekend's hardware, but being an OU legacy, he knows the only hardware that matters can be earned Jan. 8. I'd take a NC anyday of the week over a Heisman. Give Tebow his two, and we'll take the ONE that's more important.

NO!!! Saving that for Saturday, if Bradford doesn't win it. It's still too close to call.

TXBOOMER
12/9/2008, 02:41 PM
I think espn and ABC wrapped that trophy up for colt. I would be really shocked if Sam or Tebow won it.

JLEW1818
12/9/2008, 03:20 PM
And this "same" OU team lost badly to WV in our bowl game.

That is correct, that same team was a game out of the title game also. And how many starters were out for us ? Just saying Michigan blew nuts last year, and Florida lost to them healthy. Maybe this is irrelevant but still. oh ya and Michigan lost to App state.

JLEW1818
12/9/2008, 03:21 PM

Its posted in another thread, search it.

badger
12/9/2008, 03:32 PM
Let's stop with the ESPN hate. I know they're a huge media conglomerate and they have a little bit of influence on the sports world but let's be honest now.

If ESPN had as much influence as they think they wield, Texas would be Big 12 Champions and playing for the National Championship.

And now, let us all join in a rousing chorus of "ESPN sucks hardcore:"

Through their programming, you shall snore
For their talent is quite a bore
You'll be begging "No more! No more!"
For ESPN sucks hardcore.

"Da da dun! Da da dun!"

To escape it, you would upstream oar
If you were about to hit it, you'd never yell "Fore!"
When someone turns it on, you're out the door
For ESPN sucks hardcore.

"Da da dun! Da da dun!"

Down the drain we shall pour