PDA

View Full Version : OU up to 5th...

TheBigRedMachine
12/8/2008, 09:31 PM
...in AP and USA Today polls.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/polls?poll=1&date=2008-12-08

NormanPride
12/9/2008, 10:06 AM
To me, this is more of a "People ahead of you lost" #5 than a "Wow, you really deserve this" #5. Not that we don't deserve a high ranking, but I don't know that we're a top 5 team yet.

Yet!

IronHorseSooner
12/14/2008, 09:35 AM
A number of these wins will look pretty good come March. We have beaten some teams who will be in the tourney and vie for their conference crowns...What's funny is that we could start conference play as #2 or #3 in the land. UCONN and the Zags play next weekend, and then Pitt and UCONN have to play each other. Pitt has played nobody, and UCONN nearly lost to Buffalo (in fact, they were tied or trailing for most of that game). If we beat UTerus in Norman in JAN, I don't see a game that we won't be favored to win until we travel to A$$tin. Wow, this is a GREAT time to be a Sooner!!!!!

Salt City Sooner
12/15/2008, 01:07 AM
Look for them to move up another notch now. The 'zags were upset by Arizona.

Boomer.....
12/15/2008, 09:01 AM
As good as we are, it is still hard for me to say they are the 4th best team in the nation.

shaun4411
12/15/2008, 11:43 AM
As good as we are, it is still hard for me to say they are the 4th best team in the nation.

ill take that benefit of the doubt until they lose.

soonervegas
12/15/2008, 11:53 AM

I agree and basketball rankings are kind of meaningless to be honest. The main thing this high ranking does more than anything is put us in line for a #1 or #2 seed....which helps our chances of getting to Detroit.

I think we all agree we are probably a good solid #8-12 if you looked a % chances of making it to the Final Four.