PDA

View Full Version : So Taco Bueno has given up in Nebraska

royalfan5
12/8/2008, 08:34 PM
I guess they were unable compete with Taco John's and Amigos. As well as D'Leon's I suppose.

Rogue
12/8/2008, 08:43 PM
I grew up in Idaho with Taco John's and the "Taco Tuuuuuuesday" commercials. Potato Ole's RMFO.

royalfan5
12/8/2008, 09:00 PM
I grew up in Idaho with Taco John's and the "Taco Tuuuuuuesday" commercials. Potato Ole's RMFO.

I used to eat a six pack and pound quite often during two-a-days. It was a life saver.

Veritas
12/8/2008, 09:15 PM
I guess they were unable compete with Taco John's and Amigos. As well as D'Leon's I suppose.
Wait...what? I love Bueno. Amigo's effin blows.

royalfan5
12/8/2008, 09:23 PM
Wait...what? I love Bueno. Amigo's effin blows.

The one on North 27th is closed, and the one on 84th looked pretty closed when I drove by it tonight. Unless there is another one I don't know about in Lincoln. The Omaha ones have closed too, except for the one that is basically in Fort Calhoun might still be open.

Amigos does blow, but drunk Nebraskans are pretty attached to it for what ever reason. Most likely the mexifry nachos.

GottaHavePride
12/8/2008, 09:46 PM
I think there's only one Taco Bueno left in Wichita. The rest all closed very abruptly.

bluedogok
12/8/2008, 10:19 PM
They have been opening them up in the last year down here in Central Texas. These are franchise stores, I know most of the ones in OKC were company owned at one time. Are the ones up there owned or franchised?

royalfan5
12/8/2008, 10:35 PM
They have been opening them up in the last year down here in Central Texas. These are franchise stores, I know most of the ones in OKC were company owned at one time. Are the ones up there owned or franchised?
I want to say the were franchised with an outfit that had a bunch of them, but I'm not fully certain. Most didn't even make it a year.

bluedogok
12/9/2008, 11:52 AM
Well, we had new Village Inn's open down here, built all new (lease/build to suit) buildings. They were closed in about a year, the two by us were open less than 8 months. Based on the few times that we went (or tried) there I would bet they had their franchise pulled. It was obvious they were trying to run way too lean and the locations suffered from that.

badger
12/9/2008, 12:01 PM
The only Taco joint in Wisconsin was Taco Bell. NP can't understand why I eat that junk, but that's the reason right there! :D

BillyBall
12/9/2008, 12:15 PM
We have Taco King here in Chicago, lets just say its a pretty weak monarchy.

JohnnyMack
12/9/2008, 12:22 PM
Taco Bueno has recently changed its cheese. Instead of the finely grated cheese, it's now wider. I'm thinking of firebombing one of their restaurants. Sending a message that we won't tolerate change.

proud gonzo
12/9/2008, 12:31 PM
dammit, now i'm hungry.

JohnnyMack
12/9/2008, 12:36 PM
Has anyone tried the Volcano Taco at Bell?

Dammit, where's Bri when you need him?

Boarder
12/9/2008, 12:43 PM
Yes. It tastes like a regular taco with some tangy and supposedly hot sauce. The shell is red, so that's cool. The sauce is about as hot as a few shakes of red pepper flakes on a pizza. Not volcano-ish by any means. But tasty nonetheless.

JohnnyMack
12/9/2008, 12:45 PM
Yes. It tastes like a regular taco with some tangy and supposedly hot sauce. The shell is red, so that's cool. The sauce is about as hot as a few shakes of red pepper flakes on a pizza. Not volcano-ish by any means. But tasty nonetheless.

Thank you for having as little regard for your bowels as i do.

I think I know my lunch plans.

Czar Soonerov
12/9/2008, 01:05 PM
Bueno has the Black bean & Sour Cream Burritos, Mmmm.

SoonerJack
12/9/2008, 01:15 PM
Quit talking about restaurants I can't go to!!!

bri
12/9/2008, 01:25 PM
Dammit, where's Bri when you need him?

Where else? The drive-thru at Bueno.

IB4OU2
12/9/2008, 01:27 PM
Bueno was just tired of competing with corn.

Veritas
12/9/2008, 01:41 PM
Has anyone tried the Volcano Taco at Bell?
Yeah, it's not bad, but I rode the Hershey Highway for about 24 hours afterwards.

Jerk
12/9/2008, 01:49 PM
They didn't change their nacho cheese, did they?

Their nacho's are why I keep going back... They've been my favorite since, like, I was 4 years old.

Mucho Nachos to go, or "slop in a box," is the friggin bomb.