PDA

View Full Version : New BigXII Tie Breaker Rules for 2009

soonerbrat
12/8/2008, 04:46 PM
Big 12 -- Official Rulings

Divisional Tie-Breakers: Beginning with the 2009 season, the following procedure will determine the representative from each division in the event of a tie:

- If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the two tied teams shall be the representative.

- If three or more teams are tied, Texas wins.

- If Texas is not one of the three teams tied, Texas wins.

- If one or both of the divisional winners lost to Texas at some point during the season, Texas wins.

- If three teams are tied, but Texas beat the North winner, Texas wins.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/8/2008, 04:48 PM
Brilliant.

Knippz
12/8/2008, 04:49 PM
Sounds about how Mack wanted it.

Funny thing is, Stoops would probably agree to it.

cheezyq
12/8/2008, 05:43 PM
Funny thing is, Stoops would probably agree to it......

......and STILL find a way to get into the CCG over Mack and UT.

strake
12/8/2008, 05:47 PM
haha, after I read that first one I got very very mad. I thought you were serious! But then I started reading the others and realized the joke :D

*gullible*

Soonermagik
12/8/2008, 05:49 PM
I heard Mack was applying to be the new Big 12 Commish in 2009.

reddfoxx
12/8/2008, 06:00 PM
The rules need to be amended in case, God forbid, anything should happen to Mack Brown.

"In case of emergency and Mack Brown isn't available to break the tie, a panel of Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, Mark May, Lou Holtz and Pam Ward should declare the winner "

atlheff
12/8/2008, 06:13 PM
The rules need to be amended in case, God forbid, anything should happen to Mack Brown.

"In case of emergency and Mack Brown isn't available to break the tie, a panel of Kirk Herbstreit, Lee Corso, Mark May, Lou Holtz and Pam Ward should declare the winner "

Unless they pick someone other than texass...then it's banner time for them!!!

Czar Soonerov
12/8/2008, 06:34 PM
"Just tell us the rules before the season & we'll play by em' (in a great way)."

DreamZ22
12/8/2008, 06:39 PM
I just heard that the B12 is going to a system that will be more fair.... texas will always represent the south.

The reason why....its texas and they deserve the best treatment

1890MilesToNorman
12/8/2008, 06:44 PM
I'm gonna get rich next yer running a horn daycare center. Gonna open my doors in early October. I'm looking for some second hand pacifiers, sippy cups and bibs to get me started.

TIA

Hot Rod
12/8/2008, 06:46 PM
I'm disappointed that the paper, rock, scissors method didn't pass! :(

Czar Soonerov
12/8/2008, 06:49 PM
I think it will be funny if they do change it and the next time it comes up the new rules favor OU.

LOL

westcoast_sooner
12/8/2008, 10:22 PM
I think it will be funny if they do change it and the next time it comes up the new rules favor OU.

LOL

Especially if the old rules would have favored Texas.

herecomedajudge
12/8/2008, 11:15 PM
The best laugh I have had since seein Barry's grin a week ago Sunday.

soonerbrat
12/9/2008, 09:36 AM

LOL

if that happens, will they whine about it again?

Soonersince57
12/9/2008, 09:54 AM
Addendum:

- The rules will be reviewed at mid-season to make sure Texas has the advantage.

CarolinaSoonerFan
12/9/2008, 10:23 AM
If OU has a Heisman contender Texas automatically wins because its not fair to have to compete with OU when they have a Heisman contender.

swardboy
12/9/2008, 01:07 PM
Brat, that's flat out funny stuff. Do I have your permission to use it?

RUF/NEK N TX
12/9/2008, 01:40 PM
I LOVE the fact that, living in TX, I get a lot of s*%& for being an OU fan. My 6 year old son tried to go over to the darkside this season after the game in Dallas, but I told him (And everyone else that would listen) that we just needed to wait until the first weekend of December. He (My son) promised me he would wait until December, and now all is well. It showed him at an early age that being an OU fan is about a 14 game season, not about one Saturday in early October. The Whorns love to claim that they're above the fray and their season doesn't come down to that game or A & M, but this season showed them that regardless of what happens that Saturday, OU is still the better team with more to play for year-in and year-out than the Red River Rivalry. I remember the mid-90's when the Texas game was all we could hang our hat on, too. That, and a last second field goal-block against Syracuse.

Thank the football gods for Bob Stoops.

htownsooner7
12/9/2008, 03:12 PM
Good post. Stoops has really done an excellent job.