JLEW1818
12/8/2008, 03:27 PM
is a piece of ****......

Voted

McCoy
Tebow
Bradford.

"Colt does not have all the weapons that Sam does"

Pretty sure recruiting wise, the offenses are about the same.

What a joke. Sam makes people better.

boomersooner24
12/8/2008, 03:29 PM
If 48 TDs and 6 INTs don't get you a heisman, then they need to get rid of the damn award

Hot Rod
12/8/2008, 03:30 PM
Not suprised. I heard the words "neutral field" from him last night after it's been all said and done.

JLEW1818
12/8/2008, 03:30 PM
He seriously pisses me off. I hope that bad things happen to Mark May.

Mjcpr
12/8/2008, 03:31 PM
Remember that year Leinart won with fewer weapons than anyone else?

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/8/2008, 03:33 PM
it isn't surprising to me for the same reason that neuheisel voted us so low - they carry over agendas from previous years.

for may its larry fitzgerald, for neuheisel it was 2000 (when we had a 3 way tie at #2 with FSU losing to miami who lost to washington). he was whining that year that they weren't given a chance even though they had only lost at oregon state to a really tough beaver team. humorously, he was arguing we didn't belong ;-)

The Maestro
12/8/2008, 03:33 PM
Colt is a great player, no doubt. No one is refuting that. But that whole "not as good of weapons" crap...annoying! If that is the case, why does Texas always have one of the top recruiting classes? Are they getting poorly coached or is recruiting B.S.?

Soonersince57
12/8/2008, 03:36 PM
he was whining that year that they weren't given a chance even though they had only lost at oregon state to a really tough beaver team. humorously, he was arguing we didn't belong ;-)

If you lose to a Beaver . . . .

picasso
12/8/2008, 03:37 PM
not sure OU or Texas are as good if they swapped QB's.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/8/2008, 03:42 PM
Are they getting poorly coached or is recruiting B.S.?

based on following ours, the latter.

here are our current players - i consider 5.8 to be reputation stars - meaning they get it to keep the paying fans of that power school happy.

current starters (5.8) low 4 star
frank alexander
ryan broyles
travis lewis
phil loadholt
curtis bailey
jeremy beal
corey brandon
chris brown
dominique franks
manuel johnson
duke robinson
lendy holmes

current starters (5.7 or lower) high 3 star
quentin chaney
matt clapp
jon cooper
auston english (5.6)
brody eldridge (5.5)
juaquin iglesias (5.5 - not rated when he committed)
brian jackson
sam bradford
quinton carter (5.6)
trent williams
adrian taylor (5.5)

NormanPride
12/8/2008, 03:48 PM
Do you still love Quinton Carter as the second coming after more game film? That hit he put on whatever that poor kid's name is was pretty vicious. But he also took a couple bad angles on run support...

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/8/2008, 03:51 PM
i was talking to brent yesterday and i was like

- carter hits daniels - daniels doesn't run anymore.
- carter hits maclin - maclin isn't seen over the middle the rest of the game

he reminds me a lot of brandon everedge - he'll make mistakes in run support, but he also changes the way that the other team plays the game.

picasso
12/8/2008, 03:56 PM

he reminds me a lot of brandon everedge - he'll make mistakes in run support, but he also changes the way that the other team plays the game.

Brent DeQuasie?

8timechamps
12/8/2008, 03:58 PM
Brent DeQuasie?

I haven't laughed out loud like that in a long time!

NormanPride
12/8/2008, 04:05 PM

Hopefully his pass coverage skills are an upgrade over Everage's last couple years.

Did you like the lineup we ran with him in and Nic as the WLB with Lewis "inside"? I thought that was a creative way to turn a relative weakness into a strength against a spread team. We might be able to use the same type of setup on Florida as well with the way they spread the field.

Sorry for the thread derail, but these are the things that keep me up at night. :P

mdklatt
12/8/2008, 04:06 PM
is a piece of ****......

Really? Just because you don't agree of how he voted for the Heisman?

Hell, I might vote McCoy ahead of Bradford, too. McCoy is the Texas offense. Our third-string RB is better than any RB playing for Texas (or Florida, for that matter).

JLEW1818
12/8/2008, 04:12 PM
Really? Just because you don't agree of how he voted for the Heisman?

Hell, I might vote McCoy ahead of Bradford, too. McCoy is the Texas offense. Our third-string RB is better than any RB playing for Texas (or Florida, for that matter).

Or maybe Sam just makes the Oklahoma players better? And this is not the only reason I hate Mark May. He is the biggest piece of **** on espn... just watch him over the next month. All he talks about is how great USC is.

8timechamps
12/8/2008, 04:17 PM
I couldn't care less about Mark May. He's a typical former NFL lineman that "didn't get the credit he deserved" (in his mind). He's always got a chip on his shoulder. And he's mean to lil' Lou Holtz.

kevpks
12/8/2008, 04:17 PM
I don't even listen to what Mark May says anymore. I just count the number of times he says "The bottom line is..." How many bottom lines can there be anyway?

JLEW1818
12/8/2008, 04:28 PM
haha i notice he says that a lot too. Good call on USC this year Mark.

TMcGee86
12/8/2008, 04:32 PM
If Tebow wins, I can't wait to see which player is going to tell him he got Sam's trophy. :D

TopDawg
12/8/2008, 04:36 PM
It'll be Harris.

TopDawg
12/8/2008, 04:43 PM
If 48 TDs and 6 INTs don't get you a heisman, then they need to get rid of the damn award

Of course, you could also say "If leading the #3 team in the nation in passing and rushing doesn't get you a Heisman, then they need to get rid of the damn award."

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2008, 04:50 PM
It'll be Harris.

Yup..He was talking major **** during the coin toss Saturday night.. I was crackin up because then the Mizzou players tried to but the OU guys turned their backs to them

Whet
12/8/2008, 04:54 PM
Just remember - Mark May, if Lou Holtz it!!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2008, 05:18 PM

A couple of things that concern me that you mentioned in another post I think.

1. Against the Gator 0, our D has to take good angles, especially on the option game. WV ate them up last year once they got to the outside. I do think OU is faster at LB this year and that definitely helps.

2. Our secondary getting sucked in on play action.(your post made me think of that because Everage was known to get beat over the top at times). That really concerns me especially on the plays where they fake the option and the quarterback drops back

NormanPride
12/8/2008, 05:48 PM
I can't think of any time this year where the D has really been hurt by play action. The secondary is lightyears better than last year's, and they play faster.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2008, 05:54 PM
Not as bad as before...I think they trust the front 7 more to make the play

TopDawg
12/8/2008, 06:13 PM
Outside of playing disciplined in the secondary, there are two other ways to keep from getting burnt on play action:

1) Shut down the run with your front 7, which we've been good enough at (like step mention)
2) Get a big lead in the game so you put the other team in passing mode, which we've been really good at

OU-HSV
12/8/2008, 10:54 PM
Mark may just revealed his votes on ESPNU, this is how he's turning his in:
1. Colt
2. Tebow
3. Sam

What a jackass. I mean seriously are people looking at Sam's stats and what he's done. My gosh.

And following the next break, they came back w/an interview of Iglesias. It was very brief. He basically told them OU isn't surprised to be underdogs in this game. He thinks people are considering what's happened in the past w/OUr bowl games. He said this is a different team than all the other teams...this team hasn't played in a bowl yet. He said although Florida has a very good defense OU isn't worrying about that as much as we're worrying about doing what we need to do on offense to be successful.

IronSoonerMan
12/8/2008, 11:08 PM
Mark May is an ***!

Curly Bill
12/8/2008, 11:10 PM
No one ever accused Mark May of being smart.

jwlynn64
12/8/2008, 11:12 PM
No one ever accused Mark May of being smart.

Except Mark May of course! ;)

ratedrsuperstar
12/8/2008, 11:28 PM
Just because he has a different opinion than ours doesn't make him a A$$.
Sometimes I just don't understand fans, this thread shows that even OU has some stupid ones !

We have the right to our opinion and he has the right to his.

Widescreen
12/8/2008, 11:30 PM
I'll give credit to Mark May for being right about one thing. He predicted early last year that Bradford would be the best QB Stoops has ever had. The other guys kind of scoffed at him, but it looks like he was right - for once.

snp
12/8/2008, 11:36 PM
Bradford should be the first ever Heisman to receive every single first place vote :rolleyes:

sooner2b09
12/8/2008, 11:39 PM
As much as I want Bradford to win it, I am loving being the underdog just like in 2000 and having a heisman runner up and going and beating the winner. I really don't want the "curse" either.

OU-HSV
12/8/2008, 11:50 PM
Just because he has a different opinion than ours doesn't make him a A$$.
Sometimes I just don't understand fans, this thread shows that even OU has some stupid ones !

We have the right to our opinion and he has the right to his.

If I was a Mod you would be banned for calling me stupid. There's plenty of other people on here that don't care for the things Mark May says, so really you called me and a ton of other loyal posters on here stupid.
I was stating my opinion of Mark May...according to you I'm entitled to state my opinion right?
But according to the board rules you don't call other posters stupid. So why don't you eff off if that's the way you're going to post in here. Now I see why you have so much red below your name.

Back to the purpose of my thread.
I understand why Colt will be voted #1 by many, and quite possibly he will win it (as much as we all hate texass, Colt has had a great year..he's a hell of an athlete).

Tebow is good too...but my gosh you have to look at this year's stats, after all it's this year's trophy...not last year. I think to have Tebow ahead of Sam just isn't right.

olevetonahill
12/8/2008, 11:56 PM
If I was a Mod you would be banned for calling me stupid. There's plenty of other people on here that don't care for the things Mark May says, so really you called me and a ton of other loyal posters on here stupid.
I was stating my opinion of Mark May...according to you I'm entitled to state my opinion right?
But according to the board rules you don't call other posters stupid. So why don't you eff off if that's the way you're going to post in here. Now I see why you have so much red below your name.

Back to the purpose of my thread.
I understand why Colt will be voted #1 by many, and quite possibly he will win it (as much as we all hate texass, Colt has had a great year..he's a hell of an athlete).

Tebow is good too...but my gosh you have to look at this year's stats, after all it's this year's trophy...not last year. I think to have Tebow ahead of Sam just isn't right.

Report him fer Name Calling .
The Idjit dumas .:D

OU-HSV
12/8/2008, 11:57 PM
Report him fer Name Calling .
The Idjit dumas .:D

Done

IronSooner
12/9/2008, 12:00 AM
This year Heisman = MVP award. Hence Sam won't win. He unfortunately plays on a better team than Colt does (even though UT should've gone over us??)

bluedogok
12/9/2008, 12:02 AM
I could care less about any of the awards anymore since they are pretty much an ESPN Production. If Sam wins, great, if one of the others win, no big deal because it has become nothing more than a glorified marketing exercise.

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 12:06 AM
I could care less about any of the awards anymore since they are pretty much an ESPN Production. If Sam wins, great, if one of the others win, no big deal because it has become nothing more than a glorified marketing exercise.

What sucks even more now is that ESPN will have the program rights/ownership of the BCS Bowls soon...at this point that seems to be a pretty craptastic problem piling up

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2008, 12:09 AM
As much as I'd love Sam to win for Sam's sake, the Heisman is more political than the BCS - there is no computer rankings to offset bias. So great if Sam wins, but I hope he takes the process for what it is if he doesn't. It would be cool if Jason White could talk to Sam and tell him if he would trade that Heisman for the crystal ball after the '03 season. I would bet money on the answer and I think Sam would already agree. And I do think all the post season awards the '03 team received was a factor in there MNC game performance (among others), but just MHO.

bluedogok
12/9/2008, 12:10 AM
Crystal is better than bronze......

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 12:17 AM

No doubt about that

olevetonahill
12/9/2008, 12:25 AM
Done

I have a Hard time with the Idiot, dumas, stupid nOObs Calling names :D

olevetonahill
12/9/2008, 12:26 AM

Meth Head :eek:

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 12:37 AM
Hey JLew, sorry, I didn't catch the thread you had already put on here about this. My bad man.

No doubt

Curly Bill
12/9/2008, 12:39 AM

I turned one red today because in his first post he threw the "classless" word out there, and this wasn't some dumas whorn poster. What surprised me was someone had made him a Glorious Beacon of Light before I got to him. ;)

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 12:40 AM
I turned one red today because in his first post he threw the "classless" word out there, and this wasn't some dumas whorn poster. What surprised me was someone had made him a Glorious Beacon of Light before I got to him. ;)

I'm pretty sure that one I got will stay red for a while longer if he keeps going around here calling people supid.

Obviously the Mark May/Heisman topic has gained some attention on here. So the way I see it is that poster called many of us Stupid and not just me

Curly Bill
12/9/2008, 12:42 AM
It seems we have too many nOObs that feel it is somehow in their right to come on here and lecture us fools that have been here awhile.

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 12:44 AM
Preach it Curly!

Curly Bill
12/9/2008, 12:48 AM
Preach it Curly!

Preach it nothing, we'll be calling out the posse. ;) :D

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 12:52 AM
Preach it nothing, we'll be calling out the posse. ;) :D

Word:pop:

SoonerLB
12/9/2008, 12:53 AM
It seems we have too many nOObs that feel it is somehow in their right to come on here and lecture us fools that have been here awhile.

I resemble that remark! :D

olevetonahill
12/9/2008, 12:58 AM
Preach it Curly!

He can Preach it . But I aint gonna follow all of it LOL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvFCI2bsajM

Curly Bill
12/9/2008, 01:00 AM

Uh yeah...no way...no how...not me.

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 01:01 AM

Ha ha ha, you gotta be kidding me. That's freakin wild

OU_Sooners75
12/9/2008, 05:48 AM
I want to know how the hell Mark May has a Heisman Vote?

I think the Heisman powers-that-be needs to revamp the way they conduct their voting habits.

1. Past Winners (alive only, cannot be inherited, which I do not know if they can be or not).
2. Fans (allow the fans, that watch these players play almost every week have a much larger voice count the vote once, but multiply it by 5)
3. Select 15 coaches. Allow coaches of non-semifinalists only to vote.

Be like every other award. Have a watch list at the beginning of the season.
Once 50% of the season is complete, narrow to 15 quarter-finalists.
Once 75% of the season is complete, narrow to 8 semi-finalists.
Once the semi-finalists are announce, then the coaches would be sent their ballots. If you are a coach of one of the players listed, then you cannot vote at all.
Finally, all votes must be kept secret until the award is given out.

Media should have NO OPINION IN THIS AWARD WHATSOEVER!
All media personnel have an agenda of some sort.

Prime example? Mark May.

I can see McCoy...but Tebow should not be ahead of Bradford.

pott_2
12/9/2008, 05:58 AM
You can't deny that mccoy is a great QB. Everybody is saying that should win because he did more for his team than Sam did for his. Here is where is don't agree with the logic. We have listened to the media say that tejas is the best team in the Big twelve and should be where we are. IF that is true and they are the better team, then Sam did more for his team and should win the heisman. I don't care how much he runs the ball. Sam is a better QB. The numbers do not lie.

OU_Sooners75
12/9/2008, 06:04 AM
You can't deny that mccoy is a great QB. Everybody is saying that should win because he did more for his team than Sam did for his. Here is where is don't agree with the logic. We have listened to the media say that tejas is the best team in the Big twelve and should be where we are. IF that is true and they are the better team, then Sam did more for his team and should win the heisman. I don't care how much he runs the ball. Sam is a better QB. The numbers do not lie.

The award is not about the Most Valuable Player. It is for the Most OUTSTANDING Player.

Somehow, along the lines, all this got screwed up and misinterrupted. And I think that it all started when they started to give dumbasses, like May a vote!

pott_2
12/9/2008, 06:08 AM
The award is not about the Most Valuable Player. It is for the Most OUTSTANDING Player.

Somehow, along the lines, all this got screwed up and misinterrupted. And I think that it all started when they started to give dumbasses, like May a vote!
That is exactly right. Very well said sir.

ratedrsuperstar
12/9/2008, 07:58 AM
Done

How old are you ? This is what I picture when I think of you running to tell your mommy that I called you stupid !!!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/hitmanharleyk/Picture_sized.jpg

TopDawg
12/9/2008, 11:15 AM
1. Past Winners (alive only, cannot be inherited, which I do not know if they can be or not).
2. Fans (allow the fans, that watch these players play almost every week have a much larger voice count the vote once, but multiply it by 5)

Media should have NO OPINION IN THIS AWARD WHATSOEVER!
All media personnel have an agenda of some sort.

And past winners and fans don't? Look at previous Heisman ballots and I think you'll find that some of the "past winners" votes have been much more criminal than the media votes.

Bradford, Tebow and McCoy are all great quarterbacks. Tebow's stats don't measure up to Bradford, but in 2000 Heupel's didn't measure up to Weinke's and I thought Josh deserved it more. It's not ALL about stats. It's perfectly reasonable for someone to see something in a quarterback that makes them elevate him over another qb with better stats. It happens ever year in the Heisman balloting.

In other words, there are plenty of reasons Mark May can be judged to be an ***. But using his vote of (1) McCoy (2) Tebow (3) Bradford is weak evidence.

SoonerLB
12/9/2008, 11:26 AM
Mark May = Tebowner toolshed.
That is all.

soonerborn45
12/9/2008, 11:34 AM
Alright guys I'm just gonna say that everyone needs to quit getting so pissed about what ESPN is saying about OUr team and the Heisman. Remember that nobody for ESPN votes (except Chris Fowler and Doug Flutie). Also if you keep getting mad about what they are saying about the team than the next month is not going to be very pleasant. All I am saying let them talk about us not deserving to be there, who cares. They can talk about that all they want. Cause the truth of the matter is, we are going to Miami and there is not a dang thing anyone can do about it.

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 08:46 PM
How old are you ? This is what I picture when I think of you running to tell your mommy that I called you stupid !!!

http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/cc197/hitmanharleyk/Picture_sized.jpg

Seems that someone must have a thing for little boys. :D

Okay, now on a serious note. Here's the deal....
You're questioning my age when you came on here initially and called me and a large group of other OU fans "stupid" for voicing our own opinions. Hell you don't make any sense....you're point you attempted to make in your other post was "everyone is entitled to their own opinions"...yet you called me stupid for voicing my opinion. Do you not see where your own thoughts are mixing up within your other own thoughts??