PDA

View Full Version : NFL Scouts to Colt: YOU SUCK

badger
12/8/2008, 03:01 PM
Obviously they told him that, because Colt said "I'm not going anywhere" and will return for his senior year at Texas. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3754860) He previously said - less than a week ago - he would file NFL Draft papers to see where he'd go... guess they got back to him quickly, or just laughed at him. Either or.

:) Without the phantom roughing calls, we beat Texas. However, since we're going to get called for roughing Colt no matter what at the RRS, I look forward to sacking his arse for one more year... and for them to return to the Holiday Bowl in 2009 :D

OUHOMER
12/8/2008, 03:05 PM
:D

Widescreen
12/8/2008, 03:05 PM
That whole thing was another ploy to keep UT and Colt's name in the press. Wouldn't surprise me if their attitude was that this might get Colt some Heisman points because this year might be his last chance to win it. :rolleyes:

badger
12/8/2008, 03:08 PM
That whole thing was another ploy to keep UT and Colt's name in the press. Wouldn't surprise me if their attitude was that this might get Colt some Heisman points because this year might be his last chance to win it. :rolleyes:

;) I'm sure that scouts still told him he sucked, though.

Collier11
12/8/2008, 03:09 PM
The guy was told he wouldnt be better than 2nd or 3rd rd from what I have heard...id stay too. The guy is 2-1 against us so I was kind of hoping he would leave

NOVSooner
12/8/2008, 03:19 PM
i would bet the outcome of all that's happened w/ the OU/ut debate, i'm sure he had some "outside pressure" to come back to try to "avenge" it next year...we'll see

hobbes2702
12/8/2008, 03:25 PM
He never sent the papers. I think if we had made the MNC he would have at least seen where he was projected but now he will be back for sure

JLEW1818
12/8/2008, 03:29 PM
Bradford Vs. McCoy ..... round 3

badger
12/8/2008, 03:31 PM
He never sent the papers. I think if we had made the MNC he would have at least seen where he was projected but now he will be back for sure

He didn't have to :D The laughing was so loud he could hear it all the way in Austin.

...or were those Austin people laughing at him?

NormanPride
12/8/2008, 03:43 PM
Tee-hee!

hgarmorer
12/8/2008, 04:22 PM
From ESPiN...
Texas Longhorns quarterback Colt McCoy will return for his senior season, the Austin American-Statesman reported Monday on its Web site.

McCoy
"I'm not going anywhere," McCoy told the newspaper.

McCoy, who had previously said he would file paperwork to receive feedback from an NFL advisory committee about his draft prospects, is hungry for a national title after the Longhorns fell just short of a berth in the BCS championship game, the Statesman reported.

"I'm coming back because we have a solid coaching staff," McCoy said. "And I'm coming back because I feel like I can develop the young receivers we have."

Texas finished the regular season ranked third in the BCS standings behind Oklahoma and Florida.

McCoy, a redshirt junior, said Monday he had also decided against testing the waters for the draft or seeking an evaluation for his coaches at UT from the NFL.

McCoy had hinted before that he would stay for a fourth year at Texas.

"I've been blessed to be able to play here," McCoy told The Sporting News in October. "Not very many people get to [start] here for four years, so what an opportunity."

badger
12/8/2008, 04:24 PM
My thread title (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126586) is more clever than yours :mad:

;) search tool next time plz

soonerbrat
12/8/2008, 04:25 PM
he can develop the young receivers? is he a coach now too?

olevetonahill
12/8/2008, 04:27 PM
he can develop the young receivers? is he a coach now too?

Aint you heard ?
Colt is Gotdamn almighty
tebow Is the second Coming

Czar Soonerov
12/8/2008, 04:52 PM
"And I'm coming back because I feel like I can develop the young receivers we have."

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DWinter/ChrisHanson.png

Mjcpr
12/8/2008, 04:56 PM
He must've gotten that paperwork back from the NFL. :D

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2008, 05:04 PM
3rd or 4th round AT BEST...heck I don't think he's much better than zach robinson if any at all

Knippz
12/8/2008, 05:08 PM
Bradford Vs. McCoy ..... round 3

Looking for Bradford to go 3-0. (I know OU is 1-1 against UT with Bradford, but Bradford has had the better game both times.)

Widescreen
12/8/2008, 05:12 PM
...or were those Austin people laughing at him?

Be nice. They were laughing WITH him.

AimForCenterMass
12/8/2008, 05:23 PM
I believe Colt McCoy has been a classy representative of Texas and I question why a thread like this would even exist.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/8/2008, 06:31 PM
I believe Colt McCoy has been a classy representative of Texas and I question why a thread like this would even exist.

You either forgot the winky or the focus of this thread because Colt sucks the big one!

Bosley
12/8/2008, 08:09 PM

I dont have anything bad to say about Colt.

IGotNoTiming
12/8/2008, 08:22 PM
Nor do I,... the kid is pure class.... Sure I like Sam better but the only reason
people are harshing him is because he is good.... if he wasn't his name would never be mentioned..... and face it -if he really sucked then he wouldnt be in NYC on the 13th of December... guess what he will place second this year... not bad...

I only see this post as a great way to fuel the longhorn posters' inferno of hatred towards us right now..... it's pretty brilliant.... the light created by there rage here in Austin could probably be seen in Norman if it weren't for the concrete cesspool known as Dallas blocking the view .

OUinFLA
12/8/2008, 08:27 PM
Thank you Dallas

ashley
12/8/2008, 08:41 PM
This is not a classy thread and he is a hell of a QB.

PalmBeachSooner
12/8/2008, 08:44 PM
Obviously they told him that, because Colt said "I'm not going anywhere" and will return for his senior year at Texas. (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3754860) He previously said - less than a week ago - he would file NFL Draft papers to see where he'd go... guess they got back to him quickly, or just laughed at him. Either or.

:) Without the phantom roughing calls, we beat Texas. However, since we're going to get called for roughing Colt no matter what at the RRS, I look forward to sacking his arse for one more year... and for them to return to the Holiday Bowl in 2009 :D

This is so unnecessary. Colt McCoy is an outstanding college QB and the fact that he isn't a 1st or 2nd round NFL draft pick is no reason to rag on the guy. Hell, Tim Tebow probably isn't a 1st or 2nd round draft pick and the dude could be the 2nd player to win two Heisman trophies, yet he could totally ruin our day. Sorry, I just hate negative posts.

WA. Sooner
12/8/2008, 09:09 PM
No bad things to say about him here other than he plays for texass

DenverSooner751
12/8/2008, 09:16 PM
I don't disagree with the comment that he would be a 2nd-3rd rounder, however, Colt is probably the classiest horn in....well, ever maybe? Plus, he is a STAR college player, but that does not change the fact that he is probably not going to be a first round guy, but will probably be a first day guy, and that alone should get him a paycheck and at least a shot.

None the less, he sucks because he plays for Texass but nothing else.

Half a Hundred
12/8/2008, 09:45 PM
Colt: Nice guy, good quarterback, classy... but a whorn.

Sorry, last one outweighs the first three. We're not ripping him because he's a bad guy, per se, but because we know it pisses off the other jackass whorns.

I hope he has a good career in the pros/coaching. But while he's in the puke orange, I hope he loses every game he plays.

stoopified
12/8/2008, 09:54 PM
EWIW Todd McShea was on M&M IN THE MORNING and said that Tbow was not highly regarded as a QB either.Said he was a late round pick at best.Best draft eligible QB-Bradford but he needs to get bigger and stronger(in other words needs at least one more year of college),he also said Sam has a QUIRKY THROWING MOTION.He didn't elaborate and I have NO IDEA what he meant.I watched the game again this evening,and paid close attention to Sam in passing situations,far as I can tell,he is sound and consistent in his passing mechanics.My sole qualification in this area is that I once stayed in a HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS,which means I'm as qualified to critique QBs as say ....Whitlock. :D

aurorasooner
12/8/2008, 09:54 PM

Sorry, last one outweighs the first three. We're not ripping him because he's a bad guy, per se, but because we know it pisses off the other jackass whorns.

I hope he has a good career in the pros/coaching. But while he's in the puke orange, I hope he loses every game he plays. I feel exactly the same way about any QB that rushes the FB against us. I don't want our defensive players just dragging him down, I want Booger type "car-crash" hits on him when he turns himself into a running back. It may not show up in his game by the 1st 3 quarters but by the 4th it will.

OUmillenium
12/8/2008, 09:57 PM

I hope he has a good career in the pros/coaching. But while he's in the puke orange, I hope he loses every game he plays.

yeah, wut he sed

Curly Bill
12/8/2008, 09:59 PM
Yall are kidding right? What is the world coming to when some of you give others grief for giving a whorn a hard time. Yeah he's a good guy, loves his mom and apple pie, but he's still a frickin whorn. That in and of itself is enough to warrant giving him hell.

bluedogok
12/8/2008, 10:27 PM
I don't think Colt sucks, but when I see YOU SUCK in all caps and bold it made me think of this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiTukKdpmuQ) and laugh a little bit....

josh09
12/8/2008, 10:36 PM
BRING HIM ON!!!!!!

47straight
12/8/2008, 11:29 PM
The idea of a big public announcement that he is staying and longhorns acting relieved justifies the negativity of this thread. Yes, he's a classy kid. No, this is not news, just more garbage from the UT SID's to keet the whorns at the forefront of discussions.

Curly Bill
12/8/2008, 11:40 PM
I thought maybe Colt would skip his senior year to elope with Chase Daniel. :D

How's that for classy? ;)

Collier11
12/9/2008, 12:16 AM
I dont understand why scouts and coaches always try to criticize the throwing motion, if it works who the hell cares

Curly Bill
12/9/2008, 12:27 AM
I dont understand why scouts and coaches always try to criticize the throwing motion, if it works who the hell cares

I think it has to do with the likelihood of incurring injury if someone uses a less then ideal throwing motion -- the theory being that an unusual throwing motion lends itself to a greater chance of arm injury. Also there's the thought that an unusual delivery is more likely to break down under pressure and result in poor throws.

...but yeah ultimately, if it works, who cares.

stoops the eternal pimp
12/9/2008, 12:29 AM
The Titans tried to ignore Vince's funky motion...Now they are paying him 1st round money to stand with a clipboard

Collier11
12/9/2008, 12:33 AM
SB and VY should never be compared when it comes to passing

Curly Bill
12/9/2008, 12:35 AM
SB and VY should never be compared when it comes to passing

Yup, VY was an athlete who happened to play QB. Sam is a QB who happens to be an athlete.