PDA

View Full Version : Which hotel are you staying at?

batonrougesooner
12/8/2008, 07:39 AM
I've booked a room in South Beach at the Intercontinental but I'm still looking. Never been to South Beach, don't know the area. Where have the rest of you guys booked?

batonrougesooner
12/8/2008, 08:24 AM
Well I just changed to the Loews South Beach. If you call, you can get a better rate than what is offered online.

SteelCitySooner
12/8/2008, 08:32 AM
Well I just changed to the Loews South Beach. If you call, you can get a better rate than what is offered online.

Loews is nice - wife and I stayed there a few years ago and enjoyed it. This year we're staying at the Le Méridien Sunny Isles Beach.

SteelCitySooner
12/8/2008, 08:35 AM
BTW, anybody staying at the Westin Diplomat? My Starwood contacts tell me that is going to be a 'team hotel', although they didn't know what team.

hlsooner
12/8/2008, 09:25 AM
Sooner living in Miami here.

The Intercontinental is not on South Beach, it is in the heart of Downtown, but is a fantastic hotel, you will just have to cab over to the Beach for nightlife.

The Westin Diplomat is 15 miles north of South Beach, but is a fabulous hotel and probably much quieter than the hotels on the Beach.

Loews will be very nice, but $$$$.

batonrougesooner
12/8/2008, 09:47 AM
Yeah, I realized my mistake on that deal. I was really wanting to be on the beach. I was able to get the Loews for the same rate as the Intercont.

Would hate to be a the "wrong" team hotel!

UTsucks
12/8/2008, 10:12 AM
I have rooms held at the Conrad Hilton and JW Marriott downtown Miami. I looked at Ft Lauderdale hotels but nothing really that great.

Anyone else at either of these two hotels?