PDA

View Full Version : Tebow is a glorified rugby player...

Soonerus
12/7/2008, 11:51 PM
...let's all be honest about this...

JLEW1818
12/7/2008, 11:52 PM
Gotta hit him hard.

Widescreen
12/7/2008, 11:54 PM
Not bad for a "glorified rugby player" to win the Heisman trophy.

OK2LA
12/7/2008, 11:55 PM
I'd say that most rugby players that I've met were pretty tough and usually a little koo-koo too.

Tebow is one tough s.o.b.

He will give us problems.

Glorified rugby player or Heisman Trophy winner - take yer pick.

Soonerus
12/8/2008, 12:00 AM
Not bad for a "glorified rugby player" to win the Heisman trophy.

Weak competition....

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/8/2008, 12:05 AM
Umm, if this is supposed to be an insult, it's just the opposite IMO.

Rugby is a far more brutal sport than football. Without pads. Which is probably why most ruggers come off as a little koo koo.

So if he is not only a rugby player but a glorified one at that, he'll be a formidable force to be reckoned with.

goingoneight
12/8/2008, 12:11 AM
Weak competition....

Taking the eventual National Champions down to the wire on their home field doesn't spell weak competition to me.

I'm not some pro-SEC dork, but they do have quality competition to say the least. Not an every-week situation, but they do have equal to or better week-to-week "traps" than does OU.

He's a tough, dedicated and classy dude as far as I've seen.

Soonerus
12/8/2008, 12:13 AM
Umm, if this is supposed to be an insult, it's just the opposite IMO.

Rugby is a far more brutal sport than football. Without pads. Which is probably why most ruggers come off as a little koo koo.

So if he is not only a rugby player but a glorified one at that, he'll be a formidable force to be reckoned with.

Yes, lots of ruggers in the NFL...

NCAAISAJOKE
12/8/2008, 12:21 AM
Tebow is nothing but class and I hope that everyone realizes that we are going to be facing a great Florida team!!! I am tired of hearing that they are overrated!!! That will make it even sweeter win we win.:)

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/8/2008, 12:24 AM
Yes, lots of ruggers in the NFL...

Excellent point, but no one who's ever observed the game would dismiss ruggers as pansies either.