PDA

View Full Version : Meanwhile, in the 918...

bri
12/7/2008, 11:50 PM
Tulsa, fresh off a horrible showing in the C-USA championship game, will make a return trip to the GMAC Bowl in Mobile, Alabama on 1/6 to take on Ball State.

Great, now noted fatass Jason Whitlock gets to hate both my favorite teams in the same season.

yermom
12/8/2008, 01:49 AM
hmm... if i end up driving to Miami, i might make this game

Crucifax Autumn
12/8/2008, 02:09 AM
I hope Tulsa rips 'em a new one.

SoonerJack
12/8/2008, 10:58 AM
indeed.

badger
12/8/2008, 12:42 PM
If there are any positives out of this outcome and I know it's difficult for the TU fans out there right now and all, but there are a few positives.

1- The game is on Jan. 6. This ensures TU (and Ball State too) will have a great monopoly on the bowl watching audience and a primetime date and start time to show off what they can do.

2- A premiere matchup between mid-major powers. This is the sequel to Boise State vs. TCU, two other mid-majors that nearly busted the BCS. Like Smurf Turf and Horny Frogger, TU and Ball State had national hype surrounding near-undefeated seasons.

3- A new TU tradition. New Year's Bowls are nothing to sneeze at and every bowl-bound team wants to play in January, not December. TU should get used to playing in January and make it an annual goal to play in the New Year, whether it be GMAC, Liberty or BCS.

On a negative note, the Hurricane mascot returned without any changes to its hideous face, I see...

SteelCitySooner
12/8/2008, 12:44 PM
From a former 918'er, hell yeah!

bri
12/8/2008, 12:53 PM
Further illustrating how far the Tulsa program has come under Kraggy/Graham, this year's 10-2 regular season marks the second consecutive year that TU has managed ten wins - a first for the school.

Also, Tulsa's second straight appearance in the GMAC Bowl is the third time the Golden Hurricane have made back-to-back appearances in one bowl game. The other two times are back-to-back Bluebonnet Bowls and two straight trips to the Sugar. If you didn't know...well, now you know. :D