PDA

View Full Version : Time for Superman to Come to Jesus

SleestakSooner
12/7/2008, 11:32 PM
Yesterday while watching the SEC Championship game I noticed Tim Tebow had the scripture Phil 4:13 written on his eye black stickers.

I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

This guy really thinks he is Superman. Does he think God wants Florida to win? History has shown that if the one on high has a favorite it might be west of the Mississippi.

The Sooners should test his faith next month.

BOOMER!

JLEW1818
12/7/2008, 11:34 PM
Tebow is a great christian athlete.

But come January 8th, from the hours of 7 till -1030PM, I look at him like he is Satan

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 11:35 PM
Who does he think he is? Wyatt Sexton?

goingoneight
12/7/2008, 11:39 PM
Wow... now we're stretching. Great Christian athlete all of a sudden is some kind of arrogant Chase Daniel-type?

Tebow is a good dude, folks. It's really hard to hate the guy. Sort of like the people who try and hate on Sam Bradford.

SleestakSooner
12/7/2008, 11:40 PM
Nah, Sexton at least had a legit excuse for his insanity. ;)

OK2LA
12/7/2008, 11:40 PM
Tebow is a great christian athlete.

But come January 8th, from the hours of 7 till -1030PM, I look at him like he is Satin

Silky smooth that Satin is . . .

SleestakSooner
12/7/2008, 11:41 PM
Tim Tebow is the Ned Flanders of college football

The Preach Man
12/7/2008, 11:42 PM
Wow... now we're stretching. Great Christian athlete all of a sudden is some kind of arrogant Chase Daniel-type?

Tebow is a good dude, folks. It's really hard to hate the guy. Sort of like the people who try and hate on Sam Bradford.

Yup, as bad as I want him to go 0 for 30 against us you cant help but like the guy. He has a fire under his *** and he is respectful. Great combination.

MojoRisen
12/7/2008, 11:42 PM
I like TEBOW - but make no mistake about it he wants to crush us, punish us and be more intense than us.

I assume we hit him with everything we got - he ain't the only kid who prays or believes in god.. He is a nice kid - but I am calling arrogence on his arse and if not delusions of granger :)

Knock him out...

JLEW1818
12/7/2008, 11:43 PM
lol, satan, my b

rainiersooner
12/7/2008, 11:47 PM
But come January 8th, from the hours of 7 till -1030PM, I look at him like he is Satin

And I say we tear that cheap satin, bit by bit, tear it like a cheap suit...oh wait, you mean Lucifer!

Look, Gerald McCoy is the head of OU's FCA - he is obviously a great Christian athlete too, but he's not pounding his chest about it...and I'm not that brushed up on my bible study but I seem to recall some admonition about praying quietly and not trying to get attention for it, so frankly if I have to spend the next month listening to what a great Christian Tebow is, It's going to make me want to vomit. I almost got the impression last night that ESPN wanted to give him the Heisman because of what a great Christian he is; what with Sam being just an ordinary great football player (and by the way, I have NO idea whether Sam is religious or not, and I don't care). Keep it on the field on Saturday and go to church on Sunday, that's what I say. Just my two cents.

JLEW1818
12/7/2008, 11:49 PM
Part of being a Christian is getting the word out there also. Christ is above football. And Tebow is not praying publicly out there. I'm not saying Sam should put bible verses on this face either. I'm just saying Tebow is doing nothing wrong, at all.

rainiersooner
12/7/2008, 11:55 PM
Part of being a Christian is getting the word out there also. Christ is above football. And Tebow is not praying publicly out there. I'm not saying Sam should put bible verses on this face either. I'm just saying Tebow is doing nothing wrong, at all.

That's cool...probably a sensitive subject that we can each have our own thoughts about...but at least we can agree to stomp his a**! :D

JLEW1818
12/7/2008, 11:57 PM
Well if he is wearing "satin" we need to destroy it. haha

The Preach Man
12/7/2008, 11:58 PM
I've not watched Tebow much at all but from what I have seen I dont feel that he is an 'arrogant' Christian. I see him as somebody that is passionate about his faith and that's ok by me. I see him as the "Im thankful that God gave me the opportunity to compete" attitude instead of "I thank God for giving me the victory" attitude. (I hope that makes sense).

A Sooner in Texas
12/7/2008, 11:58 PM
I'm not particularly religious, but to talk smack about Tebow's faith seems about as low as we could go. He has a right to practice his faith as he sees fit; if that means being vocal about it then who are we to say he shouldn't? He seems to be a good guy and sincere in his belief. I respect that.

Still LMAO over satin, however. ;)

JLEW1818
12/8/2008, 12:01 AM
Anybody got a picture of a superman tebow shirt?

ouwasp
12/8/2008, 12:12 AM
More power to Tim and his attempts at spreading the faith. He truly does seem like an honorable young man, imo.

That said, it is perhaps likely more would listen to see what he would have to say after a crushing defeat; note the play of his comments after the ol' miss loss.

So the Sooners need to zealously help him!

Kels
12/8/2008, 12:15 AM
Tebow has a tremendous personal story. He has a lot to be thankful to God for in his life. We'll beat him on the field, but his faith should be off-limits IMO.

BTW, if you were wondering about Bradford . . .

0VuAnRudQLo

SleestakSooner
12/8/2008, 12:15 AM
More power to Tim and his attempts at spreading the faith. He truly does seem like an honorable young man, imo.

That said, it is perhaps likely more would listen to see what he would have to say after a crushing defeat; note the play of his comments after the ol' miss loss.

So the Sooners need to zealously help him!

Praise be, and pass the healthy linebackers.

JLEW1818
12/8/2008, 12:24 AM
http://i319.photobucket.com/albums/mm474/jlew1818/tebow-superman.jpg

tbl
12/8/2008, 01:03 AM
He's a good kid and seems to have a genuine love for the Lord. He's never thrown the Lord out there in regards to winning, or believe he'll win since God is on his side. He simply has faith and desires to do the best he can to glorify God, on the field and off. How that can be misconstrued is beyond me.

That said, I hope we beat him 77-0.

douxpaysan
12/8/2008, 01:20 AM
If he takes our boy Sam's trophy then he is The Great Satin. :mad: :mad: :mad: Do I hear a Amen?

SoonerLB
12/8/2008, 01:44 AM
Amen!
And with his seemingly constant religious tones, and the constant ESPN reminders that he plays like a linebacker, earlier today I annoited him "Jeebus Nagurski".
If he takes Sam's trophy, I'll be calling him much worse.

IBleedCrimson
12/8/2008, 03:49 AM
if I wasn't atheist this thread would really p*** me off .. heh

Sooner70
12/8/2008, 06:29 AM
Everyone who has faith manifests or exhibits it in different ways to the outside world. Tebow is vocal about his faith, and I admire it when interviewed he first gives thanks to where it is due....'to my Lord & Saviour Jesus Christ'. More of us who proclaim the Christian faith should be so bold. He has a wonderful prison ministry that I saw a brief clip on. Does that mean that others have less of a measure of faith that aren't so bold publicly? Certainly not. Faith isn't earned, it's a gift from God.

I do agree that God probably has a lot bigger things to worry about than the BCS or who wins football games or who wins the Heisman Trophy, but I really haven't got to peek at His daily "to do" list. My guess is that Tebow, as a man of faith, uses the Phil. verses as a source of inspiration in all his endeavors, both on & off the field. My further guess is that he just asks the Lord to help him to do his best and keep both sides from injury, not praying for a win. Last time I checked I don't think God votes in Harris or USA Today.

sozo
12/8/2008, 07:20 AM
He's a good kid and seems to have a genuine love for the Lord. He's never thrown the Lord out there in regards to winning, or believe he'll win since God is on his side. He simply has faith and desires to do the best he can to glorify God, on the field and off. How that can be misconstrued is beyond me.

That said, I hope we beat him 77-0.
Totally agree.Just so we hang 60 on them will be fine,as long as they DON'T get to 60.lol

wickedgator
12/8/2008, 08:30 AM
Sam's trophy? okay
And I'm glad I'm seeing some fans reacting like they are to this thread. Tebow is the real thing. Sam would be lucky to get the same trophy Timmy got last year. Timmy is the ultimate football player, in every sense of the word, and the thing is, he is an ever better person.

Tiptonsooner
12/8/2008, 08:47 AM
Tim gave me a kidney once............

Sooner13
12/8/2008, 09:05 AM
Sam's trophy? okay
And I'm glad I'm seeing some fans reacting like they are to this thread. Tebow is the real thing. Sam would be lucky to get the same trophy Timmy got last year. Timmy is the ultimate football player, in every sense of the word, and the thing is, he is an ever better person.

And he would be lucky why?

SoonerJack
12/8/2008, 09:12 AM
Sam's trophy? okay

"lucky"

I'm sorry wickedgator, but I think that Mr. Bradford makes every bit as good a case at the Heisman as Tim Tebow. There is no luck involved.

Tulsa_Fireman
12/8/2008, 09:18 AM
And I quote...

The path of the righteous Sooner is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil sports media outlets. Blessed is he who, in the name of the Lord our God and the University of Oklahoma, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children; and I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers and you will know I am Sam "Bad A$$ M*therf*cker" Bradford when I lay my vengeance upon you.

So sayeth the Fireman, peace be with you.

Wishboned
12/8/2008, 09:56 AM
Tim gave me a kidney once............

After our defense hits him a couple of time he might be wanting it back.

Soonersince57
12/8/2008, 10:02 AM
Just beat them - - - he can pray about it later.

A-M
12/8/2008, 10:20 AM

As a Christian who goes to church most Sundays and am extremely active in my faith, I have always been put off by those who have to praise God for giving him the win, etc. To me, the Bible tells me to live in peace, do good by helping others and then my life shows people of God's love. I don't have to say it, I show it by how I live my daily life. Preaching to people will turn off more then just doing good things and letting people feel loved as God's love flows to them through your actions. Just my thoughts and how I try to live my life. Oh yes, I know God cares about sooner football cause she told me so! Why do you think we are Big 12 champions. So I say, Thank you lady!

stoops the eternal pimp
12/8/2008, 10:23 AM
He needs the read the context of that verse with the rest of the chapter...what Paul is saying(me paraphrasing):

I know how to handle being rich, I know how to live being poor
I know how to win, I know how to lose
I know how to handle success, I know how to handle failure

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me...

So what that means to me is that he is man enough to take the loss he will receive in January

pweitkem
12/8/2008, 10:35 AM
I'm tired of the kid already... last year was enough Tebow love for me. When I see him on tv this year it makes my skin crawl. Sure he's a nice guy, but kind of a toolbag.