PDA

View Full Version : Who you don't want to play in a bowl game

Jacie
12/7/2008, 10:34 PM
Let's face it, the bowl selection process is less than ideal and sometimes leads to a mismatch in the competitiveness of the two participating teams.

When that happens the game turns into a rout, which is boring for at least half the people watching on television.

Here are two I think will get ugly by halftime:

Cotton Bowl - Mississippi (8-4) vs Texas Tech (11-1)

Want to know why this game has "blowout" written all over it? Do you think the Raiders are happy being the highest rated team not to make a BCS bowl? I hope Ole Miss is just glad to be there because that is as good as it will get for them. The Rebels has a secondary so young even Mike Leach is smiling at the prospect of what Harrell & Crabtree can do to them. Expect some Cotton Bowl records to be broken.

Poinsettia Bowl - TCU (10-2) vs Boise State (12-0)

Played in San Diego, which is a plus for everyone involved but for the Horned Frogs, that is where the fun comes to an end. For a game played on December 23, this one has two ridiculously good teams. Not much of a history for this game, there have only been three of them and TCU played (and won) in the 2006 game. Unfortunately for TCU, their opponent this time around is not Northern Illinois. Boise State, like Texas Tech, had pinned their hopes on a BCS bowl, the Fiesta being the most likely. But it will be tOSU, not BSU in Tempe so here is another example a team that is angry at the snub and has something to prove (don't they always?). I realize Sooners have a soft spot for the Frogs, a team that held OU to the same number of points as Texas (35). That defense may statistically rank as one of the best this year but Boise State is going to gash them just like Oklahoma. Toads are going down.

soonergirlNeugene
12/7/2008, 11:27 PM
I dunno, we've seen Tech fold when they had a BCS complaint before. If it happened again this year I wouldn't be too surprised.