PDA

View Full Version : Meyer, Caroll, Tebow..... AND SQUAT FOR THE SOONERS ON THE BCS SELECTION SHOW!

soonerboy_odanorth
12/7/2008, 09:49 PM
WTF! The only nod we've gotten in this whole FLA-SOCAL lovefest is the acknowledgement, early and briefly by Herbstreit and Corso, that we were the media-tabbed "non-deserving team"!

Actually, I'm glad! Screw all of YOU-ESS-AYYY! Go Sam!

Go OU!

colinreturn
12/7/2008, 09:55 PM
Stoops is up next....

OU-HSV
12/7/2008, 09:59 PM
Uh yeah, but now Urban is on for his second time. Yet no Stoops or Bradford. Go figure

Soonerus
12/7/2008, 10:09 PM
This really is B.S...

Crucifax Autumn
12/7/2008, 10:16 PM
They won't be able to ignore us when we shut down teblow and score 60 on that tough SEC defense

Soonerus
12/7/2008, 10:19 PM
I wonder if Stoops declined the appearance...

SoonerBoognish
12/7/2008, 10:19 PM
After hearing Stoops' comments on Fox, it may have been him that snubbed ESPN, not the other way around.

Soonerus
12/7/2008, 10:31 PM
Maybe when Stoops turned them down the chumps at ESPN decided to run the Meyer interview a second time...boorish...

jacob2125
12/7/2008, 10:35 PM
Yeah, I get the feeling he doesn't much care for the media. I'd actually rather we not get slot of hype and attention anyways.

goingoneight
12/7/2008, 10:35 PM
Stoops had an interview on Fox in which he stated his case, thanked the voters and said his peace. It was nice, really. Sort of looks like he's focused, but that's probably reading too much into it.

My new favorite Stoopsism in regards to the BCS and the playoff drama: "Hey, just give me the rules and I'll play by them."

ouwasp
12/7/2008, 10:39 PM
This is strange.....Urban Meyer on twice and now Tebow on again? You'd think ESPN would at least say something about the lack of comment from the Sooner Nation?

For that matter, you'd think Bob would want to pump Sam for the Heisman...

Partial Qualifier
12/7/2008, 10:42 PM
I think he's in "F ESPN" mode like the rest of us.

Blues1
12/7/2008, 10:43 PM
Coach Stoops up NEXT.....

All_Day_28
12/7/2008, 10:46 PM

I heard that before.

Okla-homey
12/7/2008, 10:46 PM
And in all fairness, Sam is probably taking prescription pain meds following his hand surgery this a.m.

WxGuy1
12/7/2008, 10:52 PM

We'll see... They said he was up next about an hour ago too, before they replayed the Meyer and Tebo interviews... I can't imagine Stoops would turn the op to pump Bradford though.

ouwasp
12/7/2008, 10:56 PM
well, something's going on behind the scenes... they end up having a clip of a testy Bob from soonersport.com ....that's all?

delhalew
12/7/2008, 11:04 PM
I saw this coming after Stoops' comments on the Fox show. I support his decision completely. Go straight to hell ESPN and all of your trained monkeys.

By the way little brother Stoops playing BYU in a bowl. Congrats Mike.

oumartin
12/7/2008, 11:04 PM
Yeah, me thinketh Bob is gonna use this as some serious motivation. He has something to prove and I think he will come up with something awesome on defense.. Mikes flyin' in tomorrow for a few days as well.

Sooner98
12/7/2008, 11:14 PM
I'm pretty sure Bob told ESPN to suck it.

SoonerBacker
12/7/2008, 11:17 PM
Whatever the reason, I'm glad it turned out the way it did. If Stoops turned them down, it tells me he's not going to give them the time of day due to the way they've treated Oklahoma over the past 2 weeks. He's focused on the more important issue - winning the game against FLorida and proving them all wrong.

If ESPN snubbed us, then fine. Keep doing so. That plays right into Stoops' hand, as well. Motivation. If ESPN and the media continue to say that we don't belong in the game and we "lucked out," it just gives us more of a chip on our shoulder when we go to Miami.

Soonerus

I think you may be right...otherwise the show was too weird...

OUinFLA
And in all fairness, Sam is probably taking prescription pain meds following his hand surgery this a.m.

I rather think Bob told him to "put a band-aid on it and get out here and toss a few balls downfield."

delhalew
12/7/2008, 11:21 PM
Now Herbie and Corso on sportcenter are saying its time to move on and kissing a little OU tail.

ITS TOO LATE ESPN. You have lost all credibilty and Stoops just reminded you of it.

Of course they had to throw in " now Oklahoma will face a REAL defense". Suck it Herbie...suck it.

delhalew
12/7/2008, 11:22 PM
Dbl post.

JLEW1818
12/7/2008, 11:29 PM
We need very little attention. Lets be David for once.

OU-HSV
12/7/2008, 11:56 PM
Well I fell asleep after the replay of the Urban interview.
But would've been good media time and he could've stated his case once on ESPN like he did on Fox.
But it doesn't bother me much if Stoops told them to eff off..that's cool too.

Okie35
12/8/2008, 12:05 AM

yea screw the media... i do like reece davis though he picked us to win the national title before the season even started... lou holtz picked us to go but lose to usc... so screw him too...

NCSooner18
12/8/2008, 12:42 AM
I have this little fantasy for next year. I know it would cutting off our nose to spite our face, but it would be hilarious if espn wanted to do gameday in Norman and we told them to go F themselves

All_Day_28
12/8/2008, 01:00 AM
How great would it be to win the National Championship game and then refuse to do any interviews with them? lol

Sooner02
12/8/2008, 01:37 AM
Something was definitely up since they said Stoops was coming on and he never did, and they replayed the Meyer and Tebow interviews.

badger
12/8/2008, 08:21 AM
It wouldn't be the first time Bob told ESPN "No." Remember Thursday aTm vs. ut?

ESPN: Hi Bobby Bob Bobbo. We would like you to
Stoops: No.
ESPN:... talk on-air with us during the Texas
Stoops: NO.
ESPN: ...and Texas A&M game about the merits of
Stoops: NO!
ESPN: ...your team being in the Big 12 Championship
Stoops: No thanks. <click>
ESPN: ...over Texas! Hello? Hello? Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to mention Tech also. Hello???

There is also the possibility that as a favor to Barry Switzer (they seem to get along) that Bob offered to give Fox Sports the exclusive BCS interview of the night.

SteelCitySooner
12/8/2008, 08:26 AM
heh

Way to go Bob!

OU-HSV
12/8/2008, 08:46 PM
Carey Murdock said on the SA this morning that he knew for sure that fox took up more time with Stoops than planned and that made Bob run a little late for his local press conference. So the problem may be he was running too far behind to do an interview w/ESPN at the time frame they wanted him to. But Carey agreed with most of us, if he told ESPN to screw off...good for him.

Sooner02
12/8/2008, 08:50 PM
The ESPN show ran for 3 hours. I'm sure, even if he was running behind, they had plenty of time to squeeze in a few minutes.

I heard BBJ say he was on, and he was on the Fox show, but a caller pointed out that he wasn't on ESPN. The other guy with BBJ said that Urban Meyer didn't appear on Fox but was on ESPN. That was incorrect, Urban Meyer was on both programs and Stoops just on Fox.

OU-HSV
12/8/2008, 08:56 PM
The ESPN show ran for 3 hours. I'm sure, even if he was running behind, they had plenty of time to squeeze in a few minutes.

I heard BBJ say he was on, and he was on the Fox show, but a caller pointed out that he wasn't on ESPN. The other guy with BBJ said that Urban Meyer didn't appear on Fox but was on ESPN. That was incorrect, Urban Meyer was on both programs and Stoops just on Fox.

Yeah Urban was on both. And Espn simply played the same interview w/Urban twice.

Who knows.

PalmBeachSooner
12/8/2008, 09:05 PM
I didn't bother watching the ESPN dog and pony show. I had no issues with the Fox BCS program. They never questioned whether OU was deserving but that Texas had a legitimate reason to be upset and they gave Stoops and Meyer equal time.

I will say that there was no doubt that Meyer came across as very cocky and had no respect for OU. There is no doubt that they think they are god's gift to college football and that the Big 12 champion is not worthy.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/8/2008, 09:37 PM
I'll betcha that Spurrier gets involved with helping in OU's UF prep. He probably has a little insight into how to beat them.

OU-HSV
12/8/2008, 10:33 PM
I'll betcha that Spurrier gets involved with helping in OU's UF prep. He probably has a little insight into how to beat them.

I know how to beat them. Stop Tebow's ground game. Keep Percy Harvin in check (if he plays).
The End

soonerboy_odanorth
12/9/2008, 01:42 AM
So, it's true. One way or the other, we got snubbed. Whether it was Stoops saying they needed to make nice, or them refusing, we didn't get OUr play.

And I say, "Good"!

Done with 'em. And we all should be. The shameless and sheepish bleating and politicking by all of Gameday, and then Gameday Final, is and has been laced with personal agendas. And everyone not named USC, select Big Tenleven, Texas, and select SEC schools should have said by now, "enough is enough". These 6 or 7 talking heads do have a bigger voice, by default, than anyone in the country. And that this is allowed by the NCAA (and our gutless university presidents) to influence anyone at all anymore is a grand embarassment for this boots-stuffed-with-dollars -licking organization.

It's about time we got back to a F - YOU attitude towards the NCAA and all of college football. And I hope and pray we stamp it with a crimson Nike cleat in the middle of a certain crystal football soon to be awarded.

I hope the next time they want to do Gameday from Norman, we say "sure", and then just as they are throwing up the set, start hitting them with all sorts of ordinances and building regulations that will be necessary for them to continue and put their whole freaking production into a major pickle. Yes, I'm bitter and jaded, and only one thing will asuage my disdain.

And btw, Corso and May were always worthless. They are and always were the clowns that were expected to poke and prod. The rest of them have now become enamored with their own stink as well, making them equally worthless. My only consolation is that someday, whether it be us or someone else, they will get their own stinky sweat-socks shoved down their pie-holes. It'll happen. I'm just hoping Sooner, than later.

Yeah. I hate all of them. By them I mean anyone outside the Sooner, or Sooner-sympathetic-or-friendly family. Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out.

SoonerNerd
12/9/2008, 02:00 AM
If Bob said no to ESPN, I'm damn proud of him. The only check and balance to the media is to refuse the story to them. We won't be dragged in the dirt and continue to be their little prison bitch. Don't bring a gameday to 3 of our games if you think we're not good enough.

So, ESPN, if you don't think we're good enough stay the hell out of our way, but when we get the job done just understand that there will not be a story for you to tell. That right will go to the believers.

Toronto Sooner
12/9/2008, 02:19 AM
I'm very proud of Bob for snubbing ESPN. The blatant disrespect for the Sooner players really ticks me off. They deserve much better. I've never seen anything like it before, especially against a (multiple) record setting team. Here is something I posted on another tread (on this site), but I thought it to be appropriate for this tread one also - this is a special team, and the players deserve better:

This is a really special Sooners team. Beyond the immense talent and stats, they have demonstrated incredible heart and willingness to sacrifice everything to enable this team to succeed. Nic Harris is a perfect example. I can't remember his exact quote, but (last week, before the Big 12 Championship game - interview was posted on the Soonersports.com site) he essentially said that he is going to give everything he has to ensure the Sooners win, even if it means being carried off on a stretcher after the game is over. People, we have a real special team here. That is why I am so ticked off by the way that 99.9% of the media is disrepecting our team. It's like non-stop - they just refuse to stop (tv, online, print, you name it). In a way, I suppose that is great for motivational purposes. If I could get so ticked off as a fan, imagine how these extremely talented, and highly driven, Sooners must feel. It's one thing to be ticked off and not have the talent to do anything about it. It's a totally different story when you have the talent to go with that passion. I'm sure Carter, Lewis, Harris, Beal, Alexander, Grainger, McCoy, Taylor, etc., will be introducing themselves to Tebow.

OU_Sooners75
12/9/2008, 05:36 AM
It is a sad day in the Media television when they forget which schools stood up for their rights to broadcast whichever game they wish.

The headline to that list is the University of Oklahoma.

If it were not for OU, tOSU, Miami, and a few other schools (that escape me right now) back in the early to mid 1980s, then we would still be stuck with Notre Dame, Michigan, USC every freaking week on TV and only get to watch OU for the Texas, Nebraska (the years they play), and Oklahoma State games.

F*ck ESPN. And if Bob Stoops told them to take a hike, I am very happy.

As all of you have said, I am tired of the "OU is not worthy" sediment that is spewing from the mouths of ESPiN College Gameday crew!

They made their bed, and If Bob snubbed them, then they must sleep in it.

FOX is all that matters now when it comes to our Bowl Game!

boomermagic
12/9/2008, 09:21 AM

I doubt spurrier will be involved at all. Mike Stoops maybe...

boomermagic
12/9/2008, 09:24 AM
I'm very proud of Bob for snubbing ESPN. The blatant disrespect for the Sooner players really ticks me off. They deserve much better. I've never seen anything like it before, especially against a (multiple) record setting team. Here is something I posted on another tread (on this site), but I thought it to be appropriate for this tread one also - this is a special team, and the players deserve better:

This is a really special Sooners team. Beyond the immense talent and stats, they have demonstrated incredible heart and willingness to sacrifice everything to enable this team to succeed. Nic Harris is a perfect example. I can't remember his exact quote, but (last week, before the Big 12 Championship game - interview was posted on the Soonersports.com site) he essentially said that he is going to give everything he has to ensure the Sooners win, even if it means being carried off on a stretcher after the game is over. People, we have a real special team here. That is why I am so ticked off by the way that 99.9% of the media is disrepecting our team. It's like non-stop - they just refuse to stop (tv, online, print, you name it). In a way, I suppose that is great for motivational purposes. If I could get so ticked off as a fan, imagine how these extremely talented, and highly driven, Sooners must feel. It's one thing to be ticked off and not have the talent to do anything about it. It's a totally different story when you have the talent to go with that passion. I'm sure Carter, Lewis, Harris, Beal, Alexander, Grainger, McCoy, Taylor, etc., will be introducing themselves to Tebow.

Great post I agree with all of it and EFF espn...

birddog
12/9/2008, 09:38 AM
I didn't bother watching the ESPN dog and pony show. I had no issues with the Fox BCS program. They never questioned whether OU was deserving but that Texas had a legitimate reason to be upset and they gave Stoops and Meyer equal time.

I will say that there was no doubt that Meyer came across as very cocky and had no respect for OU. There is no doubt that they think they are god's gift to college football and that the Big 12 champion is not worthy.

no doubt about it. every time he does an interview he talks about the sec defenses and the schedule and how he's ready to play a big 12 team blah blah blah.

as long as he is there, florida will be one of the most hated programs.

S.PadreIsl.Sooner
12/9/2008, 10:02 AM
I doubt spurrier will be involved at all. Mike Stoops maybe...

I disagree. Spurrier is back in that neck of the woods and he and Stoops are still in frequent contact. Spurrier probably doesn't care too much for Meyers attitude, even though it's just like Spurrier, and might want to see him taken down a notch or two.

ousoonerfan
12/9/2008, 10:04 AM
One thing that stuck out in my mind on the FOX BCS show, was that Stoops congratulated Meyer at the end of his interview. Meyer did not congratulate Stoops. **** Florida.

OUmillenium
12/9/2008, 10:15 AM
I love this thread. ESPN is a joke. Thanks for all the games. Can you fire all the talking heads and just broadcast the games? I can do my own analysis.

badger
12/9/2008, 10:44 AM

Interesting thought... but I'm not sure he can or will help, because will he really be able to?

Spurrier might be most useful in preparing to deal with the Florida fan environment and environment in general, but I'm sure Stoops remembers it too.

As far as gameplan on how to beat Florida, I'm sure we were all watching the SEC championship to see who we would play in the title game (admit it, none of you feared Mizzou at all). Thus, we need to...

1- Defend the ground. That's where all of Tebows passes are to because the receivers are constantly leaping to make catches.

2- Defend the middle linebacker area. That's where Tebow runs to, never to the sides.

3- Defend the option, especially left. If Tebow attempts to run to the side, he always pitches the ball off to someone else.

Of course, you could tell a majority of teams this and they would still lose. :P

On offense...

1- Run up the middle. While we are speaking, a certain Bammer RB just made another ground gain on 1st and 10 for another first down.

2- Out. Route. Yes, Julio has skills, but the fades in the endzone that Bradford loves so much should have tremendous success against the Florida DB's.

3- Did I mention run up the middle? Florida couldn't stop this! GROUND AND POUND!

I know that I shouldn't be revealing family secrets and all, but this is no secret - you can know how good our running and passing games are and just try to keep your defense off the field as much as possible, because it's going to be loooooong night for them!

Once again, special teams will doom us all, especially if a guy like Percy is healthy and returning the ball. Expect good field position for Florida all night. It's going to be a high scoring and painful game to watch. Drink excessively ;)

TUSooner
12/9/2008, 01:31 PM
I guess all the people who can't stop harping on "45-35" must think Bob will eventually just break down and cry, agree with Mack, give back the Big 12 championship, and swap places with UT in the whatever bowl. :rolleyes:
But it' not really ESPN anti-OU bias as much as it's just the typical idiocy of the mass-media herd. They have nothing new to say, but they can't shut up. READ MY SIGNATURE.
|
|
|
|
V

noel08
12/9/2008, 02:58 PM
Look in the mirror soonerfans...who is whining?

SOONERnTx
12/9/2008, 03:28 PM
I see Mack Brown in the mirror....AWWWWWWWWWWWWW and he is clapping and crying.

MALE918
12/9/2008, 03:32 PM
why are u still watching that dribble? turn the sh*t off. do what the team is doing. spend that time with your family and close ones and let the anger fester - only to unleash it on BLACK THURSDAY.
i for one am happy this is happening, we are better as the hunter than the hunted.
let's keep quiet and then unleash hell.

MALE918
12/9/2008, 03:39 PM
not to mention all this **** is not just a disrespect to ou but to the big xii as a whole.
statements like now you will play an sec style defense. translation-NO ONE in the big xii plays d. therefore your offenses are smoke and mirrors.
question like what big defense has texas faced? answer=silence with a side note that ou played cincinnatti and tcu. translation-note the same as above.

this is a disrespect to our entire conf not just us. it's time the conf climbs on board and stomps a bloody foot print into the heart of the sec and do a tap dance on their throats. LET'S END THIS.

GPANDFF
12/9/2008, 06:01 PM
So, it's true. One way or the other, we got snubbed. Whether it was Stoops saying they needed to make nice, or them refusing, we didn't get OUr play.

And I say, "Good"!

Done with 'em. And we all should be. The shameless and sheepish bleating and politicking by all of Gameday, and then Gameday Final, is and has been laced with personal agendas. And everyone not named USC, select Big Tenleven, Texas, and select SEC schools should have said by now, "enough is enough". These 6 or 7 talking heads do have a bigger voice, by default, than anyone in the country. And that this is allowed by the NCAA (and our gutless university presidents) to influence anyone at all anymore is a grand embarassment for this boots-stuffed-with-dollars -licking organization.

It's about time we got back to a F - YOU attitude towards the NCAA and all of college football. And I hope and pray we stamp it with a crimson Nike cleat in the middle of a certain crystal football soon to be awarded.

I hope the next time they want to do Gameday from Norman, we say "sure", and then just as they are throwing up the set, start hitting them with all sorts of ordinances and building regulations that will be necessary for them to continue and put their whole freaking production into a major pickle. Yes, I'm bitter and jaded, and only one thing will asuage my disdain.

And btw, Corso and May were always worthless. They are and always were the clowns that were expected to poke and prod. The rest of them have now become enamored with their own stink as well, making them equally worthless. My only consolation is that someday, whether it be us or someone else, they will get their own stinky sweat-socks shoved down their pie-holes. It'll happen. I'm just hoping Sooner, than later.

Yeah. I hate all of them. By them I mean anyone outside the Sooner, or Sooner-sympathetic-or-friendly family. Kill 'em all. Let God sort 'em out.

Rediculous post. Saunders, James, Flutie, Herbie, Korso and even Fowler (the real SEC butt sniffer) all had their knee pads on for OU prior to the UT game. When UT won they simply changed their lip-stick, pumped their stomachs and went back to work. This po wittle me s*** is embarrassing. There weren't any complaints prior to LSU (even after KSU debacle) or USC when all the talk was OU speed and physicallity.

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 07:49 PM
One thing that stuck out in my mind on the FOX BCS show, was that Stoops congratulated Meyer at the end of his interview. Meyer did not congratulate Stoops. **** Florida.

Yep I noticed that as well. Another classy statement by Stoops