PDA

View Full Version : NOTE TO PEOPLE BUYING TIX FOR THE NC GAME

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 08:58 PM
Please be careful who you're buying stuff from.

Not that I'm a paranoid bastard that assumes anyone I don't know is running a scam...

But I'm a paranoid bastard that assumes anyone I don't know is running a scam.

And no one has seen Longhorn Bob in a while...

;)

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 09:02 PM
ALSO:

If you're looking to buy or sell tickets, may I please direct you over to the Swap forum? That's what that forum is for.

Beef
12/7/2008, 09:06 PM
I'll give you 2 Dum Dum wrappers and a black shoelace for your NC game tix.

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 09:15 PM
You sir, are the high bidder. I will have my assistant in Nigeria mail the ticket to you directly.

bringit
12/7/2008, 11:45 PM
And be sure you're not buying tix to the Orange Bowl.

More_Cowbell
12/8/2008, 12:31 AM
I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this question, but...

We received the confirmation from the university that our ticket request for the big game will be fulfilled. Where can we expect our seats to be in Miami? The last time we traveled with tickets from OU was to the Rose Bowl.

Thanks

AlbqSooner
12/8/2008, 07:26 AM

We received the confirmation from the university that our ticket request for the big game will be fulfilled. Where can we expect our seats to be in Miami? The last time we traveled with tickets from OU was to the Rose Bowl.

Thanks

Your seats will be in Ft. Lauderdale. The game is in Pro Player Stadium.

outwism
12/8/2008, 11:47 AM
Is there anyways a non-donor can get face value tix to this game?

BermudaSooner
12/8/2008, 02:22 PM
Is there anyways a non-donor can get face value tix to this game?

Take your chances by showing up and getting a ticket 1 hour to 30 minutes prior to game time. It is risky, but if you don't want to pay the "piece of mind" premium of $250+, then that is probably your only avenue other than a good friend selling to you for face.

soonerboomer93
12/8/2008, 03:23 PM

Thanks

I would expect your seats to be inside Dolphin Stadium

Rogue
12/8/2008, 08:50 PM
Firstdibz.com

I overpaid during the Big XII game.
Got a little overserved on teh beers.
But Ima get a ticket.

HiFiGator
12/11/2008, 05:10 PM
I am curious how the ticket distribution for the Championship game was handled by Oklahoma. Florida's was handled through GatorZone.com, which moniters all the Gator Booster clubs. There are different levels, based on contribution level and seniority of ticket holders. For regular boosters, 510 points were the minimum necessary. To put that in perspective, that is the minimum number of points required to be at the very highest level of "Bull Gator." That requires a minimum donation of $10,000 per year. It was a little easier for faculty and staff, only needing 130 points. I'm just curious if this was similar at Oklahoma.

MarylandSooner
12/12/2008, 07:16 AM
If there are anyone looking for tickets to the game, be patient. I have been monitoring ticket sales on Ebay and have put numerous tickets on my watch list and I have noticed that numerous tickets in the upper bowl are going unsold. Do not get emotional about buying tickets, be patient and you should be able to purchase tickets at face value or less. For example, when we played SUC a few years ago I waited til the last week and got a ticket OU side of the field in the lower bowl for $50. Right now people are emotional about this thing and are paying way over face value, it will calm down in a couple of weeks.

HiFiGator
12/12/2008, 05:40 PM
On one hand, the ticket situation never really calmed down much 2 years ago in Glendale. $500 was the absolute lowest price any of us ever saw, but in fairness, since most of us either snuck in or used the $100 handshake, we weren't hanging around outside the gate after kickoff. It's possible that prices came down dramatically, although I did hear of a friend of a friend that said he couldn't find a face ticket which was what he was willing to pay.

As for demand however, there are a couple of differences. ProPlayer seats about 12,000 more people than Glendale, so that will help a lot. Also, Ohio State knew they were in the game the 3rd weekend of November, and they travel really well. (I'd want to get the hell out of Columbus too!) In any case, the point is that they had almost a full month to gobble up tickets before we knew we were going and started looking.

As for Oklahoma, I'm sure you travel well, but maybe (?) not as much as OSU. I honestly don't know. I am told that they travel about as well as anyone.

In any case, the one thing that I want to warn everyone about: there will be counterfeit tickets outside the stadium. There will probably be some online as well also. There will almost certainly be counterfeit proof features on real tickets. Two years ago there was a BCS Holgram on the front and a very faint yellowish image on the back. I don't know what this years tickets have, but I'm sure it will be something similar. Make a point of learning what they are before you go. If possible, look at someone else's real ticket in advance so you will know what to look for. I don't want to see some scum of the earth thief profit at the expense of a football fan -- even a sooner.

Good luck and Go Gators!

Stoop Dawg
12/16/2008, 08:02 PM
As for Oklahoma, I'm sure you travel well, but maybe (?) not as much as OSU. I honestly don't know. I am told that they travel about as well as anyone.

We had 1/4 of the stadium in 2000. We had about 1/2 of the stadium in 2004. We had about 3/4 of the stadium last year in Glendale. Point being - it's variable.

Oklahoma has a population of about 3.5 million. Ohio has something like 12 million (give or take).

StoopTroup
12/22/2008, 01:45 PM
I've got Bill Murray working on my tickets. :D

G4Px_1h3J9A&NR=1