PDA

View Full Version : What was your favorite moment from Sooner Football 2008...

DallasSooner87
12/7/2008, 05:12 PM
other than the crowd at the Tech game. Frankly that would win in a landslide for me.

Other than that the oranges raining down after the game last night. I have never seen that before and thought it was incredibly cool.

Knippz
12/7/2008, 05:40 PM
November 22, 2008. 65-21. Revenge. Dreams slaughtered. Living near Lubbock has never been so sweet.

OklaPony
12/7/2008, 06:14 PM
Crabtree's catch to beat the Forlornwhorns, does that count?

:D

No? Okay, I'll have to go with the crowd at the Tech game. My gf and I were at the Sportbook at Caesar's. My bro was in town from Tejas and using my house to watch the game... he called and said the crowd noise was astonishing and the annunciaton of "Boomer!" and "Sooner!" was quite clear from my front yard.

Dan Thompson
12/7/2008, 06:16 PM
All the tiimes that Sam stepped forward and fired a rope down field for TD. On some of the replays, the skycam was behind Sam and it was quite impressive from that prespective.

OUTrumpet
12/7/2008, 06:19 PM
I'd have to say the TTU game. Only game I got to go to this year.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/7/2008, 06:27 PM
Crabtree's catch to beat the Forlornwhorns, does that count?

Amen brother - I thought I was going to come unglued when he grabbed that pass!

Although watching the TT game from row 3 at the 25 yd line with the Boz standing about 10' in front of us leading the rowdy crowd playing let's disturb Harrel was pretty awsome - that following the night before when he signed a couple of jerseys for me at the Sooner Legends event. I cant repeat here the nice phrases he wrote about Texas and Miami!

HBick
12/7/2008, 06:37 PM
I live next to O'Connells in those sh*tty apartments that masquerade as a nice complex. And the best moment I have from the season was standing in the parking lot of O'connells where they had that big HD screen setup after the Nebraska game. When Crabtree caught that ball to beat Texas. The entire parking lot was full of people and just erupted. Easily my favorite moment of the year.

As for a play, if those are the stipulations, has to be Gresham before the Washington game where he was antagonizing those tools.

BoomerSoonerGoOU
12/7/2008, 06:53 PM
Right after the pick and go ahead score right before halftime to go up 42-7 against Tech. Everyone will remember "Jump Around."

StormySooner-IN
12/7/2008, 07:32 PM
Right after the pick and go ahead score right before halftime to go up 42-7 against Tech. Everyone will remember "Jump Around."
This is it for me, too. I think it is for most of us.

My other one is the TCU game. I got to go to it, and it is only the second game I've ever been too.

bri
12/7/2008, 07:58 PM
What was your favorite moment from Sooner Football 2008?

It hasn't happened yet.

Here's a hint, though:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/2000/bowls/news/2001/01/03/orange_gamer_ap/t1_stoops_ap.jpg

ArkanSooner
12/7/2008, 08:21 PM
I live next to O'Connells in those sh*tty apartments that masquerade as a nice complex. And the best moment I have from the season was standing in the parking lot of O'connells where they had that big HD screen setup after the Nebraska game. When Crabtree caught that ball to beat Texas. The entire parking lot was full of people and just erupted. Easily my favorite moment of the year.

Ditto to that brother.
http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v376/38/81/55000041/n55000041_32932574_7566.jpg

As for an Oklahoma play, Sam's Leap in Stillwater.

OU86
12/7/2008, 08:22 PM
http://i414.photobucket.com/albums/pp229/BRAGGonUT/oklahoma-girl.jpg

SoonerNerd
12/7/2008, 08:31 PM
Watching an 80 year old man hop up and down to "Jump Around" while the Sooners slaughtered Leach and Co... Man I love Sooner football!

Sooner_Rog
12/7/2008, 08:39 PM
Checking my iPhone at the top of Nevada falls here in Yosemite last Sunday and seeing we were headed to the Big XII = My favorite moment.

Favorite play = Crabtree catching the TD to beat Texas. Loudest I celebrated all year.

Favorite OU moment = Scoring last TD to hit 62 last night in the Big XII game.

nice

Jeronimo
12/7/2008, 08:45 PM
I know one stipulation was "aside from TT game", but damn that game was fun.

aside from that. brown running it in with :30 left to go up 20 on the cowgirls in stoolwater. thats mine.

the_ouskull
12/7/2008, 08:52 PM
My favorite moment of Sooner Football 2008 hasn't happened yet, and, if it doesn't happen, then every other moment of the entire season will be completely wasted. We have seen our Sooners lose too damn many bowl games lately, and, if that trend continues, then maybe we need to start looking for a coach that takes the last game of each season as seriously as they do the second-to-last game...

the_ouskull

goingoneight
12/7/2008, 09:27 PM
Remember that time when Bobby Stoops showed up and the Sooners won the MNC, do ya?

SbOrOiNaEnR
12/7/2008, 09:43 PM
I think mine was the first quarter of the Nebraska game where we scored 28 points in 2:50. To me, that's where the gates first opened on the 60+ per game flood...a flood where the waters have yet to recede. To me, that was also the first time our defense really stepped up this season after a lot of the question marks, and the first time I felt like we could win without simply outscoring the opponent into oblivion.

SailorCowboy
12/7/2008, 10:07 PM
I would have to say my favorite Ou play was in Stillwater where Bradford got owned by OSU linebacker on his leap.

DallasSooner87
12/7/2008, 10:31 PM
I would have to say my favorite Ou play was in Stillwater where Bradford got owned by OSU linebacker on his leap, and then led the Sooners to 61 points that night.

fixed

DallasSooner87
12/8/2008, 02:08 AM
Thanks for the posts I was just curious. Keep them coming whether it is a play, experience, moment, whatever. Oh and I meant for this to be the regular season. Lord knows mine will be winning number 8 on 1/08/09.

soonermeteor
12/8/2008, 02:23 AM
This final three week stretch. The team knew they had a chance if they could set up a three way tie heading into the game against tech, and has played like its them against the world. Despite a few defensive hiccups in the OSU game, the whole team has been absolutely dominate. You can tell there is a fire in the team. I only hope it lasts until the bowl game because its this fire I felt like we've lacked in our recent BCS bowl losses.

Crucifax Autumn
12/8/2008, 02:50 AM
I have to agree with those that mention the tech crowd, but overall I consider this one of those seasons where there are so many great moments it's impossible to pick the ne signature play or series.

Sooner4FCD
12/8/2008, 03:34 AM
I think it had to be Manny Johnson's one handed TD catch against Tech. The final nail in their coffin and our warning to the rest of the conference that we're pissed and plan on keeping our trophy at home. The final 5 minutes of the second quarter of that game was probably my favorite 5 minutes of Sooner football since I became a freshman at OU in 04.

misplaced_sooner
12/8/2008, 07:59 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/00t55jde3g7EF/610x.jpg

Heres a good one!

ArkanSooner
12/8/2008, 10:20 AM
I freaking loved Terrell Lewis' big return against Texas Tech. That's one play I haven't seen mentioned yet.

Probably the favourite Sooner play that I saw in person was Dominique Franks' pick six against Nebraska. That set the tone for the whole game.

FirstandGoal
12/8/2008, 10:34 AM
It hasn't happened yet.

Here's a hint, though:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/college/2000/bowls/news/2001/01/03/orange_gamer_ap/t1_stoops_ap.jpg

+1

I wasn't going to post yet in this thread for that very reason, but it looks as if bri beat me to it.

setem
12/8/2008, 11:15 AM
5. Stomping TCU and getting back at them!
4. Taking the 2 cinci QB's out of the game(We made them a stronger team by doing so)
3. Jermaine's tip TD catch Vs the Pukes.
2. Beal's 3 forced fumbles Vs the Pukes(2 counted, 1 was never looked at)
1. Being part of the chaos that was Owen Field when OUr Sooners took down tech!

1. Will change when we win the Championship!
2. Sam winning the Heisman will be on there too!

soonermagic14
12/8/2008, 11:20 AM
Offensive best play? too many of them but probably Iglesias' catch and run vs Tech where he juked 2 defenders and ran for the TD (look at Greshem's block on that play too...man he de-cleated somebody at the end)....but defensive? maybe because it was recent but mine has to be #20 Quinton Carter's hit on Chase Daniels......man, I jumped up and spilt beer all over me. He hit Maclin hard too. He's a head hunter..... Me like

oumartin
12/8/2008, 11:27 AM
this teams attitude seemed to change as soon as Crabtree beat Texas. Certainly they played well against Nebraska that very night but this team now seems to be on a mission. Lets hope Bob can come up with a defense to slow down Tebow.

deweydw
12/8/2008, 11:32 AM
The TCU game. That was my very first OU game to have attended. But what stands out in my mind is the pic six against Nebraska. I came out of my chair on that.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/hhQeC43I2K8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/hhQeC43I2K8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

oupride
12/8/2008, 11:52 AM
Texas Tech. Not the game, the whole atmospheric-smashmouth experience!

yermom
12/8/2008, 11:56 AM
I would have to say my favorite Ou play was in Stillwater where Bradford got owned by OSU linebacker on his leap.

the one where he set up the easy score on the next play? and got a TON of Heisman hype?

yep that one was pretty solid.

i did like Gresham's tip drills in that game more though

i think my favorite play was him in Washington where he breaks a tackle, stiff arms a guy and outruns the whole defense to the endzone.

Tech beating Texas and the crowd at the Tech game in Norman were pretty damn intense

olevetonahill
12/8/2008, 01:34 PM
It hasn't happened yet.

Here's a hint, though:

My thots Eggzacery ;)

tbl
12/8/2008, 01:49 PM
Both of mine involve Tech. When Crabtree caught that pass, I went insane b/c I knew what it meant for us.

From the second quarter on of OUr demolition of Tech, I was going nuts on every TD. Literally, flipping out. Great times...

IB4OU2
12/8/2008, 01:54 PM
A few minutes after they released the BCS standings on Sunday afternoon November 23rd.

OU-2008
12/8/2008, 10:26 PM
Tech game-Manny Johnson high stepping in after he one hands it.
And from my seat in the North endzone while the ball is in the air, Demarco already had his hands up showing touchdown! Dang that was sweet!

weaver1045
12/8/2008, 11:54 PM
For those that liked Jump Around vs Tech... Here it is in KC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qPdBVmAjPA

Sooner98
12/9/2008, 12:17 AM
I think my favorite moment was leaving the Chattanooga game at halftime, arriving at the shuttle bus line, and proceeded to get rained upon as though it was the days of Noah, for the next 20 minutes. That rocked.

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/9/2008, 12:29 AM
My favorite part was being so good, even losing to Texas on a bad day, most people still knew we were better than them.

OU-HSV
12/9/2008, 12:29 AM
This is simple for me. November 22, 2008, a night I'll never forget for the rest of my life. A stadium that is known to be tough to play in, a stadium that is known to be loud with loyal fan support....but that night was different, it was an atmosphere in those stands that night like none I've ever witnessed before. Not only louder than the norm, but it really felt like it had some Sooner Magic in the air...and it has now proven that it was an extremely meaningful night.

To top it off...The only game I had ever taken my wife to with me before this year's tech game was the opening TCU game a few years ago.
I took her to the Tech game this year in hopes of not only beating Texas Tech to get us back on top of the college football scene...but to break the jinx of my wife's 0-1 losing record in Norman. Both were accomplished (and then some) that great night.

My second best memory of this year is finally going to the game in Dallas. Although the outcome wasn't what we wanted and hoped for...it was a great event. My brother bought my ticket and we went down there and it was a fun weekend, other than the final results of the game. We already agreed we're going back. He's been a few times...and I want to be there when we win it...so I'll be back there some day.

aurorasooner
12/9/2008, 12:32 AM
1) Tech game. 2) Franks picking Ganz's pocket in the Nebraska game, because our D and BV had been pretty-much hammered up until then. You could tell Patrick and Blackledge (who imo are much better game callers than the Brent/Herby duo and every bit as good or better than the Griese/Nessler duo) just knew this one was going to be a blowout and their work was cut out for them the rest of the game. I've watched Sooner football since the 60s and I can't remember a better 1st quarter azz-whipping on both sides of the ball than OU/Nebraska this year. 63-14, 65-13, 77-0 come to mind, but that 1st quarter against the Corn repaid all of Tom Osborne's Boo Blake beatings.

bri
12/9/2008, 12:36 AM
Every time I try to single out one moment...we score again.

I <3 scorched earth!

Wishboned
12/9/2008, 12:36 AM
The Tech game will always be at the top because I was there. My 4th game in person...and I've never seen them lose.

Other than that it was the Sooner Magic moment on the tip drill with Gresham. Watching that huge man rumble into the end zone made me go nuts.

starclassic tama
12/9/2008, 12:41 AM
My favorite moment of Sooner Football 2008 hasn't happened yet, and, if it doesn't happen, then every other moment of the entire season will be completely wasted. We have seen our Sooners lose too damn many bowl games lately, and, if that trend continues, then maybe we need to start looking for a coach that takes the last game of each season as seriously as they do the second-to-last game...

the_ouskull

lol is this post serious?

cvsooner
12/9/2008, 08:19 PM
Favorite moment so far: rushing TWO down linemen and nine LB/DB in coverage...and...heh...Alexander gets the sack on Daniel. Cracks me up.