PDA

View Full Version : Slow Board

Knippz
12/7/2008, 04:51 PM
Is there anything we can do to help the speed of the board? It's been incredibly slow as of late!

DrZaius
12/7/2008, 05:09 PM
I second this post... There is something going on and it does not seem to be related to number of KICKASS SOONER FANS (the BEST sporting fans of all-time) online.

Soonermagik
12/7/2008, 05:12 PM
Is it due to an overloaded server? I agree, it's been pretty slow.

aurorasooner
12/7/2008, 05:16 PM
~200 logged on last night and it was slower than a snail. This server must be used on WEs to compile weekly medical insurance reports or some other type of computer intensive statistics or this web hosting service is just the suk. With only a couple of hundred logged on, there has to be another server issue than just the number of posters.

OU-HSV
12/7/2008, 05:16 PM
It's been very slow even when I've seen maybe 180 people on here. I'm not sure what's going on, I know there was a thread called "slow board" in the SO last week, but I can't find it cause every time I start searching for it the board locks up on me.
Hopefully the mighty sf.com powers that be have the answers to fix the problem. :)

soonerhubs
12/7/2008, 05:17 PM
Everyone click on this link and turn your avatars, pictures, and signatures off. It will make a difference. :D (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions)

At least that's what I did. Maybe they're off already though. I wouldn't know.

sidewinder517
12/7/2008, 05:26 PM
According to the bottom of the home page there is about 300 users and guest on these boards now. That requires a lot of bandwidth for your typical message board.

Curly Bill
12/7/2008, 05:30 PM
There's a thread now in the Sponsors Forum about it. We're blaming the late season influx of nOObs. ;)

achiro
12/7/2008, 05:38 PM
Whatever it is, I'm not sure that anyone can make fun of hornfans for crashing for a while. :D

DrZaius
12/7/2008, 05:47 PM
We can fix this by deleting all users with less than 918 posts.. :)

olevetonahill
12/7/2008, 05:48 PM
Is there anything we can do to help the speed of the board? It's been incredibly slow as of late!

Ya all the Gotdayum nOObs quit Posting their Every random thot . starting endless threads about Nuthing and Then Turning OFF the Avvies and sigs for awhile
Untill Phil Gets it Fixed .

Curly Bill
12/7/2008, 05:50 PM
Ya all the Gotdayum nOObs quit Posting their Every random thot . starting endless threads about Nuthing and Then Turning OFF the Avvies and sigs for awhile

What he ^^^^^^^ said.

soonerhubs
12/7/2008, 06:37 PM
I've got a million new JPEG's I'm testing in the Test Forum, could that be the problem? ;)

oumartin
12/7/2008, 07:01 PM
I thought I posted earlier in this thread ;)

Dan Thompson
12/7/2008, 07:04 PM
They are using 10 Osborune(sp) computers.

Thesifer
12/7/2008, 07:24 PM
Bad Server. Period.

OU_Sooners75
12/7/2008, 07:41 PM
REBOOT THE SERVER!!!!!

Soonermagik
12/7/2008, 07:48 PM

I only post important hoodie questions, so I know it's not me. ;) :D

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 08:34 PM
Like has been said - go to your User CP >> Edit Options and turn off avatars, sigs, and pictures. That'll make a BIG difference.

I'd do it board-wide, but I don't have the access.

But yeah, it's been unusually slow here the past couple of weeks. Wonder if we need to do some server maintenance...

OULenexaman
12/7/2008, 08:46 PM
and your avitar is doing what??

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 09:05 PM
THAT would be Stimpy's Butt Dance.

No point having an avatar if it's not awesome. :D

I didn't mean you should remove them. I mean just set it so the board software doesn't display them on your screen. Temporarily-like.

DenverSooner751
12/7/2008, 09:18 PM
I have to say something about the noob phenomenon, it's not just the number of posts someone has, I have less than 200 posts, but have been on this board since '06, even lurked a little bit in 05 without registering.

During this time, I have learned a lot of board etiquette simply by observing and participating occassionally, I have participated heavier this year than in the past few years, probably because I was promoted at work and thus don't have a boss looking over my shoulders to see what I am doing all day long (hope they are not reading this, lol).

I agree though, the site has seemed slow, primarily since just before Thanksgiving.

Indeed though, there are some ghey noobs posting fairly retarded threads.

aurorasooner
12/7/2008, 10:01 PM
I believe the football board became slow the Texas Tech weekend when this site made everyone sign in not just to post but just to view the board. That weekend was when the the board was OK, but the log-in process was ridiculously slow. I don't know if there's any correlation. Now from Saturday night thru Sunday Night they've both deteriorated to the point where I just open another window to surf and come back several minutes later to see if a thread has finally loaded.

OULenexaman
12/7/2008, 10:08 PM
I blame Obama...everything is his fault...or it will be soon....