PDA

View Full Version : Screw You Expedia!!!!!!

Soonermagik
12/7/2008, 04:35 PM
So, I am about to book my flight and hotel when Expedia gives me a price. I'm about to check out and then all of the sudden a refresh happens and the price jumps another $450. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Needless to say, I won't be booking with them. How in the matter of 20 seconds can they justify a price hike like that?

WxGuy1
12/7/2008, 04:40 PM
Prices at a lot of the online places change frequently. I typically look for flight prices over the course of a few days to get a good idea of the RANGE in prices. This often requires checking prices numerous times per day. Just as quickly as the price went up, it can come back down.

FWIW, same goes for other online retailers like Amazon -- prices can fluctuate 10-20% in seconds. I wouldn't get too upset; just check back again later.

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/7/2008, 04:41 PM
they have changed twice since I began looking. Up 200 and then back down 200 so just keep checking.

Soonermagik
12/7/2008, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the info. I will keep checking over the next few days.

soonerspudman
12/7/2008, 07:06 PM
Try clearing out your cache (history, cookies, etc,) these sites often serve you up a low price, then watch your activity, if they see you shopping or waiting too long the price will increase to try and panic you into buying. Often you can clear your cache so their site loses your activity and go back and surprise you have the original low price again.

BoomerSooner, esq.
12/7/2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks. I never would have thought of that.

Does anyone know where they are staying yet? If I am going all the way to Miami, I want to make sure that I am around other OU fans.

OK2LA
12/7/2008, 08:49 PM
I have 14 BCS NC Game Tickets. email [email protected] for more details

Hummm . . . 3 posts - all the same.

Are you a new Sooner Fan?

Soonermagik
12/7/2008, 08:54 PM
I have 14 BCS NC Game Tickets. email [email protected] for more details

Do I send the cash to Nigeria?

Soonerfan88
12/7/2008, 09:45 PM
You may also want to check prices for flights to Tampa w/rental car. It's 200-250 miles depending on where in Miami you are staying and usually light traffic. To me, the drive time is worth the difference in cost.