PDA

View Full Version : I feel violated

DocNice
12/7/2008, 04:20 PM
It's like our defensive line was in a prison shower and Phil Loadholt dropped the soap and ordered them to pick it up.

I was not at all surprised we got no pressure on Bradford, but I thought we'd at least slow your running game. When your backs run for 8 yards every time they touch it, and Bradford feels "pressured" when someone gets within 5 yards of him, it's going to be a long night for the opponent.

Kudos to you D as well. We tried to go deep as I said we should and you had us locked up tight with man on man coverage.

I have to say you're probably better than Texas. Even though they beat you, I felt they pulled out a good win against a superior opponent, and last night's whooping made it more clear who was more dominant.

It looks like there's a decent chance we'll see each other again in future championship games. I'm hoping it will be fairly regular. To be competitive, a few things have to happen.

#1, graduate that ridiculously talented Offensive line. Nobody should have a line that good

#2, Mizzou needs to upgrade the offensive line and defensive line. Not by a lot. OU won't always be that good and we aren't that far off in any random year, but we need more muscle down there.

#3, Mizzou needs to keep bringing it top skill players. I think we have enough skill players that we can compete if we get the lines. OU will always have more talent. Hell, your 3rd stringers could start for us in a lot of positions. But guys like Maclin, Coffman and Daniel are good enough to compete with anyone. Those guys are leaving, so we've got some holes to fill. If we do it, I hope we have some better matchups in the future.

I will say I think OU players have gotten in our craw a bit. Don't know if that will motivate future teams or not, but the comments from your guys seem a bit brash and even condescending. I know Stoops uses that to motivate his guys, but that can be bulletin board material too. Here's hoping someday we're good enough to do something about it.

CatfishSooner
12/7/2008, 04:24 PM
nice post...

Will you root for us in the MNC???

Knippz
12/7/2008, 04:25 PM
Spek

NYC Poke
12/7/2008, 04:26 PM
Missouri needs to stop losing so many "flukes."

southern sooner
12/7/2008, 04:26 PM
Us brash, wow, that is the pot calling the kettle.. Wasn't it chase "lil girl" daniels that said he was sick last year when we won so this year will be different cause he is healthy. he has never showed up for 4 qtrs against OU (or any top caliber team)

SteelCitySooner
12/7/2008, 04:28 PM
What did our players say that was brash and condescending?

Knippz
12/7/2008, 04:30 PM
Leave the guy alone. He comes to our board to tell us we played a great game, our team is far superior, and we're better than Texass.

Why can't all teams' fans admit when we're better like him. Good people.

NYC Poke
12/7/2008, 04:34 PM
Leave the guy alone. He comes to our board to tell us we played a great game, our team is far superior, and we're better than Texass.

Why can't all teams' fans admit when we're better like him. Good people.

I'm still miffed that he called their loss to us a fluke.

swardboy
12/7/2008, 04:38 PM
Chase grew up in that offense. I think Pinkel screwed up Phil Bradley somehow, because he was a real threat his freshman year against us and much less of one after that. My point is that I'm not sure you'll ever get a qb of Daniel's abilities again. But success breeds success, so we'll see.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/7/2008, 04:39 PM
OU has always been able to attract talented offensive linemen in recruiting, our problem for the 1st 7 year of the stoops era was that we repulsed them once they got on campus. we haven't lost an OL to attrition in 3 years (compared with 60% attrition the 7 years before that). you couple that with patton rotating in younger guys throughout the game and you have the making of some serious consistency on the line.

oumartin
12/7/2008, 04:43 PM
he had the nads to come here and give a backhanded compliment! yeah

look, Mizzou players and their head coach need to learn a little humility and class. I can't say anything about your fans but if you look at stinkel and their players on television you can see they have an arrogance they don't deserve

CatfishSooner
12/7/2008, 04:44 PM
OU has always been able to attract talented offensive linemen in recruiting, our problem for the 1st 7 year of the stoops era was that we repulsed them once they got on campus. we haven't lost an OL to attrition in 3 years (compared with 60% attrition the 7 years before that). you couple that with patton rotating in younger guys throughout the game and you have the making of some serious consistency on the line.

Why do you think we haven't lost any O-linemen in the last 3 years?? What are we doing different to get them to stay???
What does our line look like for next year...I know we're losing 4 starters...

MojoRisen
12/7/2008, 04:50 PM
I was just thinking about our line today...

Simmons, Good, Trent Williams - for sure
Habern & Hannah Guard or Center
LSU Transfer who started as a Freshman...

Plus all the Sophmores - Stenson, the Big Tackle I forget his name 6-7 3 bills,

That is 8 right there that have playing time and should be damn good.

ClintonSooner
12/7/2008, 05:05 PM

look, Mizzou players and their head coach need to learn a little humility and class. I can't say anything about your fans but if you look at stinkel and their players on television you can see they have an arrogance they don't deserve

My thoughts exactly. They were complete asses out there, acting tough after we bust 8 yard rushes on them and all the late hits. Like they have accomplished something

Curly Bill
12/7/2008, 05:17 PM
Count me in as another who doesn't see a huge drop in OL play for us anytime soon.

adoniijahsooner
12/7/2008, 06:06 PM
This is what happened last night. The health inspector showed up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO7-QJGVdM4&feature=related

MikeInNorman
12/8/2008, 02:54 PM
Why do you think we haven't lost any O-linemen in the last 3 years?? What are we doing different to get them to stay???

It is entirely due to KW moving to the big seat and Patton taking over. KW was very hard on his players as a position coach. Mangino, even more so. We are all familiar with the very difficult training regimen imposed by Schmidt. The combination of Schmidt and Mangino/Wilson was more than some of the big guys could take. Patton is no slacker when it comes to pushing the OL; he's just not in their earhole 24/7 like Wilson or Mangino. Wilson, by the way, has admitted that he pushed too hard and probably pushed too many guys out the door.

Collier11
12/8/2008, 03:12 PM
It's like our defensive line was in a prison shower and Phil Loadholt dropped the soap and ordered them to pick it up.

Any football fan complaining about holding calls or a lack thereof holds no more weight than a hippie complaining that someone else smells bad

Collier11
12/8/2008, 03:14 PM

It starts with their sh*thead qb who wont shut the F up and their dooshbag coach who is whining about us running up the score. Show some character, get your team to shut up, and get them to stop playing scared in big games. It isnt our fault they sucked nutz on saturday

olevetonahill
12/8/2008, 03:23 PM
Like this ?
http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/prison_rape.jpg

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/8/2008, 03:25 PM
one more point about the "talented" OL. we are a very good unit, but there isn't anyone on the line that is jamal brown or davin joseph good. what happens when we get a couple of guys like that mixed in?

cheezyq
12/8/2008, 03:46 PM
...but the comments from your guys seem a bit brash and even condescending.

I think some of the comments from Daniel and others provided the fuel for a brash and condescending response. OU has been a national power for decades, consistently wins conference championships, and generally is the better team, and several MU players' comments (especially last year) were disrespectful of those facts.

It's totally cool to want to be in that position and aim for being as good as OU, but Daniel's comments last year that MU "gave away the game" was essentially dissing the Sooners by saying that MU was already better than OU, and that OU only won because they took advantage of a fluke series of mistakes by MU. From that point on I think the OU players just set out on a mission to let Daniel and crew know who was responsible for those mistakes.

Even the MU fans, before this year started, were talking trash to OU fans. I live in KC, and I heard it all season long until the OSU game. It's ok to want to be the big dog, but you'd best wait until you beat the big dog before you start barking.

badger
12/8/2008, 03:54 PM
Missouri needs to stop losing so many "flukes."

Poke, your sentence is up! You are feel to remove your evil avatar ;)

Here, if you like it, this one might be a little tamer:
http://i34.tinypic.com/2dtnmts.jpg

Sooner04
12/8/2008, 03:55 PM
Chase grew up in that offense. I think Pinkel screwed up Phil Bradley somehow, because he was a real threat his freshman year against us and much less of one after that.
Wasn't Phil Bradley the QB for Missouri in '79 when he took a QB draw to the house and popped Darroll Ray's hamstring en route?

Surely you're referring to Brad Smith.

NYC Poke
12/8/2008, 04:05 PM
You da best, badger!

badger
12/8/2008, 04:08 PM
You da best, badger!

shh! rivals are supposed to hate each other!

:P oh wait...

1890MilesToNorman
12/8/2008, 04:33 PM
We didn't want to hurt you guys so bad but the case of vaseline fell of the truck on the way to KC. Sorry about that. All the guys wore protection though!

Salt City Sooner
12/8/2008, 04:47 PM
It starts with their sh*thead qb who wont shut the F up and their dooshbag coach who is whining about us running up the score. Show some character, get your team to shut up, and get them to stop playing scared in big games. It isnt our fault they sucked nutz on saturday
I've never heard Pinkel gripe about the score once, & I get plenty of chances to hear him, being up in the midwest myself. Every time I've ever heard Pinkel talk, it's been along the lines of "We need to get better," "OU is a great team", & "when you get your chances (he was talking about getting a short field after Knall's shank when he said this) against a team like that, you'd better take advantage of them or you're going to get beat." He's been nothing but respectful towards OU/Stoops in the interviews that I've heard. Daniel, on the other hand, has added plenty of fuel to the fire, most of which has already been pointed out on this thread. Those 2 have been the total anti-thesis of each other.

My Opinion Matters
12/8/2008, 05:19 PM
one more point about the "talented" OL. we are a very good unit, but there isn't anyone on the line that is jamal brown or davin joseph good.

Trent Williams just died a little inside.

IronHorseSooner
12/8/2008, 08:43 PM
Like this ?
http://www.shelleytherepublican.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/prison_rape.jpg

Wow, a thread with a Jack Chick tract. I haven't seen one of those since Extremism class in college about 15 years ago...the explanation of Phil Loadholt and a shower is a bit too much for me.

Collier11
12/9/2008, 12:18 AM
I've never heard Pinkel gripe about the score once, & I get plenty of chances to hear him, being up in the midwest myself. Every time I've ever heard Pinkel talk, it's been along the lines of "We need to get better," "OU is a great team", & "when you get your chances (he was talking about getting a short field after Knall's shank when he said this) against a team like that, you'd better take advantage of them or you're going to get beat." He's been nothing but respectful towards OU/Stoops in the interviews that I've heard. Daniel, on the other hand, has added plenty of fuel to the fire, most of which has already been pointed out on this thread. Those 2 have been the total anti-thesis of each other.

It has been stated by more than one media member that Pinkel was pissed at Stoops for throwing into the end zone for 60...no link, just what I heard

SoonerNerd
12/9/2008, 12:31 AM
When did it become OU's job to NOT score? Why are we expected to sit our starting quarterback in our conference championship game? Pinkel can cry all he wants, he just needs to do one thing about it in the future... GET A BETTER DEFENSE.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2008, 12:52 AM
If Pinkel was pissed about the deep throw, he had no reason - it was almost picked. He also voted OU #1 on his ballet, so proof he is not petty. UT drilled them just as bad as we did, so he could have voted UT #1.