PDA

View Full Version : Hey Wichita people....

royalfan5
12/7/2008, 04:16 PM
So Rusty Eck just bought a Ford Dealership up here. Is all of his advertising super high strung with a bad faux country singer singing the tag line?

Okla-homey
12/7/2008, 04:21 PM
So Rusty Eck just bought a Ford Dealership up here. Is all of his advertising super high strung with a bad faux country singer singing the tag line?

bad move on Rusty's part. As soon as all those ethanol corn subsidies dry up due to the widening economic meltdown and the plunging price of oil, nebbish will be as broke as meathicken.:eek:

royalfan5
12/7/2008, 04:28 PM
bad move on Rusty's part. As soon as all those ethanol corn subsidies dry up due to the widening economic meltdown and the plunging price of oil, nebbish will be as broke as meathicken.:eek:

It's more of a bad move because he is trying to hang with Woodhouse out of Blair, the Number One Ford Dealer in the Midwest and number one volume truck dealer in the Nation. Also ethanol doesn't contribute a lot to the Nebraska tax base or employ all that many workers. Other than screwing the folks who don't hedge, Nebraska won't suffer too much from ethanol ending. When you have some of the best farm ground in the world, you tend to do okay as long as interest rates don't have to get Volkered to kill inflation. People really aren't that leveraged here due to the fact that they could pay cash the last couple of years for everything.

Okla-homey
12/7/2008, 04:34 PM
It's more of a bad move because he is trying to hang with Woodhouse out of Blair, the Number One Ford Dealer in the Midwest and number one volume truck dealer in the Nation. Also ethanol doesn't contribute a lot to the Nebraska tax base or employ all that many workers. Other than screwing the folks who don't hedge, Nebraska won't suffer too much from ethanol ending. When you have some of the best farm ground in the world, you tend to do okay as long as interest rates don't have to get Volkered to kill inflation. People really aren't that leveraged here due to the fact that they could pay cash the last couple of years for everything.

That's good to hear. My bro in Wichita runs the largest Timpte grain hopper retail and service outfit in the US and his livelihood is directly related to the wheat and corn markets. Most of his customers pay cash.

royalfan5
12/7/2008, 04:40 PM
That's good to hear. My bro in Wichita runs the largest Timpte grain hopper retail and service outfit in the US and his livelihood is directly related to the wheat and corn markets. Most of his customers pay cash.

However, there will be some scaling back. Timpte just laid off some workers at their plant in David City, NE but are still moving forward with the construction of their new plant next to it.

To add to my earlier post, Nebraska leans hard on property taxes to fund things, and land values are holding up. In general, all people engaged in agriculture are jumpy even through they are still profitable, so they will likely hold off on purchases of big ticket equipment unless it really needs replacing, but smaller stuff should still move okay to beat the tax man.

BudSooner
12/7/2008, 06:39 PM
There a Wichitittay people on here? :D

Okla-homey
12/7/2008, 07:02 PM
However, there will be some scaling back. Timpte just laid off some workers at their plant in David City, NE but are still moving forward with the construction of their new plant next to it.

To add to my earlier post, Nebraska leans hard on property taxes to fund things, and land values are holding up. In general, all people engaged in agriculture are jumpy even through they are still profitable, so they will likely hold off on purchases of big ticket equipment unless it really needs replacing, but smaller stuff should still move okay to beat the tax man.

FWIW, this is my baby bro's bidness:

http://www.sanderstrailer.com

He also has about 40 Timpte grain hoppers he owns out on lease during harvest each year.

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 09:36 PM
FWIW, Rusty Eck himself is dead. Don't know who's in charge of the place now.

But yes. All their ads are flipping annoying, and it totally jacks up the price on the cars they sell.

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 09:38 PM
Ah, in an article on his death (Dec. 10, 2004) from the Wichita Business Journal:

Eck pleaded guilty in 1981 to filing a false tax return, served four months in prison and paid a $5,000 fine.

Eck was awaiting trial on accusations of having sex with a 15-year-old girl. He was formally charged in Sedgwick County District Court last March with one count of indecent liberties with a child and three counts of aggravated indecent liberties with a child.

royalfan5
12/7/2008, 10:06 PM
FWIW, Rusty Eck himself is dead. Don't know who's in charge of the place now.

But yes. All their ads are flipping annoying, and it totally jacks up the price on the cars they sell.

Well they have some middle age white dude that is implied as some sort of Eck. Apparently if I don't go see him, he can't save me any money.

Okla-homey
12/7/2008, 10:30 PM
Ah, in an article on his death (Dec. 10, 2004) from the Wichita Business Journal:

That whole dealio was a tremendous source of embarrasment to WSU. As I recall, their football stadium was called "Eck Stadium," because of his financial gifts.

Hmmm? Anybody know if Boone pays his taxes? Likes little girls?;)

royalfan5
12/7/2008, 10:37 PM
That whole dealio was a tremendous source of embarrasment to WSU. As I recall, their football stadium was called "Eck Stadium," because of his financial gifts.

Hmmm? Anybody know if Boone pays his taxes? Likes little girls?;)

Eck is the baseball stadium, Cessna is the football stadium.

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 11:51 PM
Well they have some middle age white dude that is implied as some sort of Eck. Apparently if I don't go see him, he can't save me any money.

THAT guy? Oh, he does commercials all through Kansas and Oklahoma, selling everything from cars to tvs, furniture, anything they'll pay him to sell.

Gah.

proud gonzo
12/8/2008, 12:41 AM
Tom Park

GottaHavePride
12/8/2008, 02:24 AM
No, the "if you don't come see me I can't save you any MMMMMMMONEY!" line is from the short fat bald dude with the bug eyes that spins his arm around in a circle.

I think. Unless Tom Park stole it.

Okla-homey
12/8/2008, 06:33 AM
Eck is the baseball stadium, Cessna is the football stadium.

Whatever. You get my point right? Naming buildings for people who are still alive is dangerous bidness.

KsSooner
12/8/2008, 07:06 AM
Take note - Bill Snyder

proud gonzo
12/8/2008, 10:46 AM
No, the "if you don't come see me I can't save you any MMMMMMMONEY!" line is from the short fat bald dude with the bug eyes that spins his arm around in a circle.

I think. Unless Tom Park stole it.oh yeah, THAT ****er.