PDA

View Full Version : Heisman Predictions

Knippz
12/7/2008, 03:49 PM
Well, since we don't have a game for another month, let's go ahead and make our Heisman predictions. It can't be as lopsided as the game last night, can it? :D

1. Bradford
2. McCoy
3. Tebow
4. Harrell
5. Crabtree? (Who cares...)

(Funny note - isn't it pretty funny how 15 days ago, Harrell was number 1 on this list? Now he dropped all the way to 4.)

Dan Thompson
12/7/2008, 03:54 PM
McCoy will get it, it is the medias way of giving Texas something after OU got to the CCG.

ArkanSooner
12/7/2008, 03:59 PM
1. Tebow
2. Bradford
3. McCoy
4. Harrell

The bottom three will split the Big XII region, whereas Tebow has the entire southeast and east coast voters in the bag. It really won't even be close.

OUAlumni1990
12/7/2008, 03:59 PM
I say Bradford takes it.

soonerborn45
12/7/2008, 04:06 PM
McCoy will get it, it is the medias way of giving Texas something after OU got to the CCG.

I agree. I personally do not think that McCoy should even be in the top 2, but since OU benefited from the system the media will punish Bradford. Also just in case Sam does leave, I say buddy you were an amazing college player and we will miss you and the Landry Jones era starts next season.

DrZaius
12/7/2008, 04:41 PM
I would like nothing more than to see Bradford win. He IS the Best. But lets get 2 things straight.

1. The Heisman is a BULL**** trophy and has not been given to the BEST COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYER in a long time. NO DISRESPECT to any Sooner because they CLEARLY WERE THE BEST when they won.\

2. The Heisman is a media award regardless of what you think and they will award it to Tebow or McCoy.

Just my Opinion........

Heisman was gay! and so is his trophy

OU-HSV
12/7/2008, 04:50 PM
1. Bradford
2. McCoy
3. Tebow
4. Harrell
5. Crabtree? (Who cares...).........

Ditto

josh09
12/7/2008, 05:48 PM

I disagree, i dont think the voters think like that. It goes to whoever has played the best/whoever has the best stats, and right now thats Sam.

PalmBeachSooner
12/7/2008, 05:57 PM
I kind of think Tebow will win it. Having 4 Big 12 guys in the finals hurts all of their chances in my opinion. You know Tebow will do well in the south and most of the east. The other 4 will split the votes in the rest of the country.

lexsooner
12/7/2008, 06:06 PM
A few days ago before yesterday's games, the Rocky Mountain News put out its latest poll of Heisman voters. They had Bradford slightly ahead of McCoy, like 44 points to 42 points, among a limited sample of voters. I believe this poll has been pretty accurate in past years, so let's hope Sam's performance last night just adds to a slight lead he may already have had going into the game. I do think it will be close, regardless.

oumartin
12/7/2008, 06:10 PM
matt hayes says tebow. gotta go with him. ;)

Hot Rod
12/7/2008, 06:13 PM
Sure Tebow is a great player, but cmon, give another player a shot at it.

My #1 choice is Bradford, my #2 (no pun intended) is McCoy.

lexsooner
12/7/2008, 06:13 PM
Sporting News declares Tebow "Wraps up Heisman" with his performance against Alabama. I guess it is all over, so lets lock this thread. ;)

SoonerLB
12/7/2008, 06:18 PM
Let's see now, Tebow has about half as many passing yards as Sam, about half as many passing TD's as Sam, so that makes him a better and more important part of his team?

If anyone other than Sam wins the Heisman, then the New York Athletic Club and it's voting members lose what little credibility they have left, period!

DenverSooner751
12/7/2008, 06:21 PM
In regards to McCoy and the Heisman, I'll tell you this much, without him, Texas would have lost several games this year, they would have been ok but would suck eggs compared to what they've put together this season, and all of the credit for that should be give to Colt. I think Sam is the better player and the better QB, but when you look at what player clearly has had the most impact on his team, that would be Colt. OU has an insane amount of offensive weapons, and even a mediocre QB could put together a reasonable season, not as good as Sam's, not even close, but could still put together a reasonable season.

I do agree though, this is a media award and nothing more than that. "The best player in college football" is often the best player on the best team with the most visibility, and that is just wrong.

Given what the award has become, I would say it's either Tbag or Sam's trophy at this point, depending on how much of a love fest truly exisits with Colt.....

Would love to see Sam win it, but, history is not kind to Heisman winners and national championship games. I (and I am sure Sam wouldd agree), would prefer to see this team win the MNC, if we could have both, that would be great as well.

Hot Rod
12/7/2008, 06:28 PM
So then had Texas played in the CCG, who would the ESPN lovers gave their nod to?

DenverSooner751
12/7/2008, 06:29 PM
So then had Texas played in the CCG, who would the ESPN lovers gave their nod to?

Tbag

PalmBeachSooner
12/7/2008, 06:43 PM
I kind of think Tebow will win it. Having 4 Big 12 guys in the finals hurts all of their chances in my opinion. You know Tebow will do well in the south and most of the east. The other 4 will split the votes in the rest of the country.

DarrellZero
12/7/2008, 06:51 PM
Prediction:

TBone wins it.

Bradford gets screwed.

Austin Box calls out TBone before the NC game, "I come to get my boy's trophy back!"

The rest is history. Or so I hope.

BoomerSoonerTexasscks
12/7/2008, 07:00 PM
Prediction:

TBone wins it.

Bradford gets screwed.

Austin Box calls out TBone before the NC game, "I come to get my boy's trophy back!"

The rest is history. Or so I hope.

Agreed. Bring on the two-time winner. The "Heisman Killers" are here to take it back!!!

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 08:27 PM
Tebow won't get it again. I think too many people are going to put colt 1 and Bradford 2 (or vice-versa) that he's going to get lost in the shuffle. I think it'll be a close call between bradford and mccoy, with McCoy probably taking the award, and Tebow in 3rd.

Plus, Tebow's numbers aren't even CLOSE to as good as what he did last year.

olevetonahill
12/7/2008, 08:45 PM
Sucks IF Sam Dont get It . But If Like Hes said and Comes back Next Year . Hes almost a Lock

BigTip
12/7/2008, 08:56 PM
1. Tebow
2. Bradford
3. McCoy
4. Harrell

The bottom three will split the Big XII region, whereas Tebow has the entire southeast and east coast voters in the bag. It really won't even be close.

Yup. I've been saying this for two weeks.