PDA

View Full Version : Our kickass weekend in KC!

SoonerStormchaser
12/7/2008, 03:23 PM
Before I start, I found it was teh awesome that my tix came in from stubhub...and the person who originally bought them lives in Austin!

Carolyn and I left for KC yesterday at 0830.
*Note to LtCol Homey: Sir, we stopped at the BX at McConnell on the way up there so the Missus could get some decent winter golves. That has got to the the smalliest/****tiest BX I've ever seen on a USAF base.

Got up to the Holiday Inn across from Arrowhead (thanks to HuskernSooner71 for hooking us up) at 1400 to find out that there were 12 people who were screwed cause they oversold the rooms...luckily, we got ours.

Saw the classy Whorn banner...but didn't have the digicam to get the pic.

Got to our seats at 1730...up in the freezing nosebleed section completely SURROUNDED by Mizzou fans.

When the band started their pre-game music, the Mizzou fans around us started talking **** about the band. My wife (whose two sons were in the band in previous years) yells at them to shut the **** up...and she almost gets into it with one drunken Mizzou fan (who later admits that he was a band nerd once). The Mizzou fans start talking **** to us about how they're the better team and take care of us for Texas. My wife shoots back..."just like you took care of OK State and Kansas like we did, eh? OH SNAP!" GAWD I LOVE THIS WOMAN!!!

The rout begins...Mizzou fans around us are dropping F-Bombs like they're going out of style...they're ready to kill their DC, OC, Pinkel, Booger...just about everyone on their team.

HALFTIME...WE'RE THE ONLY ONES LEFT IN OUR SECTION!!! I wished all the Mizzou fans a safe trip home (some of them grumbled, called me a smartass) as they left.

This was our first away game (minus the RRS)...and even though we were both reduced to popsicles by the end of the game...it RAWKED!!! I cannot wait for next year's CCG at Jerry's FunWorld.

badger
12/7/2008, 03:29 PM
:les: It was so kickass we need to post everything twice in two threads! [hairGel]

:les: It was so kickass we need to post everything twice in two threads! [hairGel]

BoomerSoonerGoOU
12/7/2008, 03:35 PM
If you think McConnell's BX is tiny, go to Altus AFB's.

^*\~><~/*^
12/7/2008, 04:53 PM
I went to the restroom in section 119 after the first TD and there was a Mizery fan there puking in the **** tank. He looked up at me pissing near his head and said "F**k You Sooner you F**king Looser". I pi$$ed at the top of the **** tank so it would splash on his head.

^*\~><~/*^
12/7/2008, 04:55 PM
I went to the restroom in section 119 after the first TD and there was a Mizery fan there puking in the pi$$ tank. He looked up at me pissing near his head and said "F**k You Sooner you F**king Looser". I pi$$ed at the top of the pi$$ tank so it would splash on his head.

Iam4OUru
12/7/2008, 05:15 PM
I went to the restroom in section 119 after the first TD and there was a Mizery fan there puking in the pi$$ tank. He looked up at me pissing near his head and said "F**k You Sooner you F**king Looser". I pi$$ed at the top of the pi$$ tank so it would splash on his head.

LMAO! I just thought it was funnier the second time. ;)

cheezyq
12/7/2008, 06:25 PM
My son and my dad attended their first Sooner football game, and needless to say it was pretty sweet. OU set two historic records, we had good seats, etc.

On the club level, there were 4 fans wearing lame orange sweatshirts with 4,5,3,5 in succession pathetically sharpied onto them. Soonernation descended upon their sorry display of futility with a Boomer Sooner chant.

I sat in the mostly Missouri side. We had quite a few OU fans in our area too, but it was mostly Misery fans. We went up 24-7, and of course we were all jumping up and down, excited, high fives, etc. After the kickoff, a Misery fan asked what the score was of the OU-Texas game was. I knew he wouldn't understand if I called him an aggie, so I told him, "It doesn't matter, we're here kicking your a**, not Texas". He insisted that he just wanted to know the score, so I replied, "Let me answer your question with another question - how many teams tied for first place in the Big 12 South?" It never ends...

So, today we go out to eat at lunch with some Sooners gear on, and you wouldn't imagine the dirty looks we got. These Misery idiots just absolutely hate us. It was freaking awesome. ;)

SoonerStormchaser
12/7/2008, 06:38 PM
Sorry bout the double posts...it's the slow board curse again!

When I took the AFOQT at Altus three years ago, I took it at Altus and went to the BX afterwards...it was definitely bigger than McConnell's.

MichiganSooner
12/7/2008, 06:54 PM
Somebody busted off both of our flags from our car during the game.

SoonerStormchaser
12/7/2008, 07:18 PM
Pics are up:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2268173&l=42b34&id=9604874

Soonerus
12/7/2008, 07:29 PM
We were in the OU section and it was rowdy all night...great atmosphere...