PDA

View Full Version : The sad tale that is chase daniel.

adoniijahsooner
12/7/2008, 03:03 PM
I know we love to hate chase daniel in sooner nation; and with good reason, he has constantly made excuses for his losses to us, and continues to suck at the tit of colt mccoy. But last night something happened as I watched him get mauled by Q. Carter, and witnessed his desperate attempt to juke Nic Harris, only to cough up the ball; I begin to feel sorry for him. It comes a time when it is no longer fun to beat up on the chubby kid with no friends, and last night I felt like putting a blanket on his shoulders and carrying him a safe place. We will miss you Chase. :(

oumartin
12/7/2008, 03:18 PM
Chase = Chrissy Sims

Okla-homey
12/7/2008, 03:21 PM
I hope he ends up sellin' fish to tourists in t-shirts.

Sooner Suzie
12/7/2008, 03:28 PM
Chase = Chrissy Sims

Exactly - Neither ever won against OU and played poorly against the Sooners. Always were all mouth prior to the game and quick with the excuses afterward.

IMHO, Chase was gutsier but had the bigger mouth.

badger
12/7/2008, 03:32 PM
Chase also has no future in the NFL other than clipboard duty (a blemish of the all-glamor spread offense in college) unlike his backup, so that's another Chrissy comparison too.

...it's also like Matt Lionfart, but without the undeserved Heisman :P

GreenSooner
12/7/2008, 03:43 PM
Chase = Chrissy Sims

Though to give Pinkel and Mizzou a little credit, Chase is at least the best QB they have on their team at the moment.

For much of the time Sims was at Texass, Mack had Major Applewhite, who was IMO a much better game QB whatever his talent level, sitting on the bench while Chrissy was underperforming on the field.

IronSooner
12/7/2008, 04:15 PM
I would feel bad for him, but he runs his mouth too much. Hence while he's involved in a game with us, I want him to feel like an utter failure. I want him to consider quitting football. I want to punish him so that by 00:00 there is no doubt in his mind who is better, and what the gap is between him and real ability. As of today, I don't care what he does.

chad
12/7/2008, 05:20 PM
This is his legacy...

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/tallguy108/Capture-10.jpg

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/tallguy108/Capture2.jpg

iknowyoudidnt
12/7/2008, 05:21 PM
It comes a time when it is no longer fun to beat up on the chubby kid with no friends, and last night I felt like putting a blanket on his shoulders and carrying him a safe place.
I LOL'd.

Scott D
12/7/2008, 05:32 PM
Don't forget the stats people.

4 Games
4 TD Passes
9 Interceptions
0 Wins
4 Losses

aurorasooner
12/7/2008, 06:14 PM
http://images.stltoday.com/stltoday/resources/danielcrushed625dec7.jpg

8timechamps
12/7/2008, 06:22 PM
I noticed at the begining of the game, he tried to jaw with Nic...that didn't last long.

He got what he deserved.

Seems that anytime qbs come out and talk about how they are going to beat us, they get bitchslapped.

All_Day_28
12/7/2008, 06:28 PM
He quit last night. I was @ the game and at the end of the first half as the seconds were ticking down his whole team was lined up to run another play and the sideline was signaling it in and he just slowly started walking off the field while they were trying to run another play.. He quit on his team.

DarrellZero
12/7/2008, 07:09 PM
Agreed. He was done after the first half.

Even though they scored a couple in the second half, you could tell that he couldn't wait to get off the field and get warm.

SOONERxWife73
12/7/2008, 08:52 PM
there is a name for guys like that, *****.

rainiersooner
12/7/2008, 08:53 PM
Please refer to my post:

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126110

I would recommend a thread merge, but I agree that I actually now feel sorry for him. As Sooners, we need to know how to treat the little people after we've made them leave our playground. Boomer!!!

Hot Rod
12/7/2008, 09:01 PM
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj266/tallguy108/Capture-10.jpg

Qwned!

SoonerPr8r
12/7/2008, 09:06 PM
It comes a time when it is no longer fun to beat up on the chubby kid with no friends, and last night I felt like putting a blanket on his shoulders and carrying him a safe place.

I LOL'd.

I PEED

Boomer Mooner
12/7/2008, 09:15 PM
I have enjoyed watching the little man every time he played OU. Gonna kinda miss watching the loud mouth little bitch getting his *** kicked on prime time.

What was his name again...you know, that one that used to eat his boogers...

oubose
12/7/2008, 09:24 PM
I was there and I LOVED THAT!!!

Mizzou fans suck!!!

WAY TO GO SOONERS!!!

birddog
12/7/2008, 09:29 PM
I noticed at the begining of the game, he tried to jaw with Nic...that didn't last long.

He got what he deserved.

Seems that anytime qbs come out and talk about how they are going to beat us, they get bitchslapped.

then let the beatdown of the gators begin. timmy heisman said he's excited to play a big 12 defense.

the motivation the Sooners have for this game is much stronger than the gators. timmy tebow and his mates will hear for the next month how badly they'll beat us.

MyT Oklahoma
12/7/2008, 09:33 PM
Chase also has no future in the NFL other than clipboard duty (a blemish of the all-glamor spread offense in college) unlike his backup, so that's another Chrissy comparison too.

What? Chase isn't going to win the Heisman? Really? Are you sure about that? :D

MyT Oklahoma
12/7/2008, 09:35 PM

What? Chase isn't going to win the Heisman? Really? Are you sure about that? :D

MyT Oklahoma
12/7/2008, 09:37 PM
Did anyone else who was there last night notice how quickly Chase got off of the field? I don't think he congratulated one Sooner unless I missed it.

Laelaface
12/7/2008, 11:52 PM
I have to say without a doubt, this by far is my favorite thread I've ever read here. There have been so great ones, but this, this is at the top. Whenever I think of an over hyped over rated player who can't backup what he says, I think of Chase Daniels. The only thing more pathetic and sad than Chase Daniels, are the Missouri fans who look up to him and believe he was there knight and shining armor. It's pathetic, just like Chase Daniels. I'm so glad this chump is out of here. I hope people remind him through the years, hey but what about Oklahoma? :)

NCAAISAJOKE
12/8/2008, 12:37 AM
I was the loud guy in the stands last night yelling " CHASE FOR HEISMAN"!! Oh yea and ," WE AREN'T TEXASS." Sorry if I embarrassed my sooner brothers.

Jmorales22
12/8/2008, 01:09 AM
The thing about chase is... he's had it coming ever since he got to college. All his highschool career all he knew was that he was better than the other guy, that his team would win, and that he could gloat about it. He got to the next level, found out there are big boys here that you don't get to play with, and had the reality knocked into his a**

SoonerLB
12/8/2008, 01:27 AM
Oh I so fondly remember when those "experts" Herbstreit, Holtz, and May at the first of this season had Booger Boy tabbed for the Heisman. How wrong they always seem to be.

And on the subject of jokes, the Missouri fans were a joke as well, as usual.

picasso
12/8/2008, 01:42 PM
the funny thing is the kid is good friends with Colt McCoy. Those two are total opposites in the class department.

GPANDFF
12/8/2008, 03:24 PM
the funny thing is the kid is good friends with Colt McCoy. Those two are total opposites in the class department.

Did you see the footage of them after the MIZ/UT game. They did everthing but lock lips and grab each other's... Chase wouldn't let go of him. Swear he kissed him on the cheek. A fraud and a fruit.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/8/2008, 04:07 PM
I would feel bad for him, but he runs his mouth too much. Hence while he's involved in a game with us, I want him to feel like an utter failure. I want him to consider quitting football. I want to punish him so that by 00:00 there is no doubt in his mind who is better, and what the gap is between him and real ability. As of today, I don't care what he does.

Woo! A little harsh. Memphis gettin' to ya, Joe?

soonerboy_odanorth
12/8/2008, 05:11 PM
Chase Daniels = Steve Taylor, but without the defense to back him up.

adoniijahsooner
12/8/2008, 05:45 PM

opposites attract.

adoniijahsooner
12/29/2008, 11:49 PM
I thought I would resurrect this thread, so that we can put some dirt on chase, and give him a proper memorial.

2k2 c5
12/30/2008, 12:15 AM
I thought I would resurrect this thread, so that we can put some dirt on chase, and give him a proper memorial.

"I HATE manure!" -Daniel on dirt.

Curly Bill
12/30/2008, 12:15 AM

...but...but...but....he's gonna have an outstanding NFL career now, the TV announcers said so! :rolleyes:

BoulderSooner79
12/30/2008, 12:30 AM
I'll give Daniel a little credit - he owned up to his poor play after the game and said he made it difficult on the team with his 3 picks. I've seen so many big ego players play like carp and then talk like they were the hero if their team happens to win.

SCOUT
12/30/2008, 12:33 AM
Who wants to place the odds on Chase being drafted at all?

Curly Bill
12/30/2008, 12:38 AM
Who wants to place the odds on Chase being drafted at all?

Is it 50/50 maybe?

Not a big demand for 6'0" QB's with marginal arm strength. Someone might take a chance on him as a backup though.

Mark_in_Tulsa
12/30/2008, 12:43 AM
Is it 50/50 maybe?

Not a big demand for 6'0" QB's with marginal arm strength. Someone might take a chance on him as a backup though.

He's a fat Doug Flutie.

Curly Bill
12/30/2008, 12:50 AM
He's a fat Doug Flutie.

That's funny because I had Flutie in mind when I was posting that.

I think Flutie had that "something" that I don't believe Booger has though.

BoulderSooner79
12/30/2008, 12:55 AM
I say he'll get a free agent look - no draft.

Curly Bill
12/30/2008, 12:56 AM
I say he'll get a free agent look - no draft.

I could definitely see that happening.

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2008, 01:03 AM
I wonder if he'll bring along his crying mom to all the contract talks...

ouwasp
12/30/2008, 01:26 AM
if the Arena League were still up and running, I could see him becoming legendary on that stage......guess there's always AF2

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2008, 01:28 AM
There are lots of midget jobs here in Vegas...

AllAboutThe'O'
12/30/2008, 02:35 AM
I wonder if he'll bring along his crying mom to all the contract talks...

Forget his mom, how about some more shots of his hot sister? That doesn't totally make him a bad dude in my book.

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2008, 02:40 AM
we still haven't seen any friggin pix posted here! And there still isn't anyone answring my question about whether she eats snot so I can realistically determine her hotness.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/30/2008, 02:54 AM
we still haven't seen any friggin pix posted here! And there still isn't anyone answring my question about whether she eats snot so I can realistically determine her hotness.

I'm with you. Unfortunately, I still haven't figured out how to post photos on the Web, although with getting a digital camera for Christmas makes it a positive step in the right direction.

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2008, 03:26 AM
just go to imageshack or photobucket and they pretty much walk you through.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/30/2008, 03:31 AM
just go to imageshack or photobucket and they pretty much walk you through.

That'll be my top new year's resolution for '09.

That, and "dropping" a few pounds, though that's been my standard new year's resolution every year.:D

Crucifax Autumn
12/30/2008, 04:58 AM
If you need help, PM me...I'll be glad to walk you through.

12/30/2008, 07:50 AM
He'll do great in sales. Probably end up with more wealth than any of us.

Good luck, Chase. Sell like an old selling thing, kiddo.

adoniijahsooner
12/30/2008, 08:10 AM
We'll miss you chase!

http://bp2.blogger.com/_WdDKB4ujnUI/R1I-u29nFqI/AAAAAAAAAEI/CZAvVcKlBbA/s320/chase.jpg

Toronto Sooner
12/30/2008, 08:48 AM
You mean Curtis Lofton is not going to get another chance to smack him senseless?

It will be very difficult for him to even make it in the CFL, especially if his arm strength is suspect - doesn't bode well for playing 3 down football on the larger CFL playing field. Also, being a chubster, that lacks athleticism, will not benefit him in competing for a CFL job (as most CFL quarterbacks have superior athleticism).

OSUFAN11
12/30/2008, 08:57 AM
Forget his mom, how about some more shots of his hot sister? That doesn't totally make him a bad dude in my book.

2 girls sat next to his parents last night. I am assuming the tall one was his sister and the one on the end was his girlfriend.

Link to story and pics of his girlfriend: http://doubleextrapoint.blogspot.com/2008/11/chase-daniels-girlfriend.html

cheezyq
12/30/2008, 09:12 AM
2 girls sat next to his parents last night. I am assuming the tall one was his sister and the one on the end was his girlfriend.

Link to story and pics of his girlfriend: http://doubleextrapoint.blogspot.com/2008/11/chase-daniels-girlfriend.html

Ok, that is some hilarious stuff right there. I particularly thought this was funny:

"The quarterback came up to Vandiver’s room, where she was doing sit-ups on the floor.

"I wasn't wearing makeup, and I had sweats on," she recalled. “He starts showing me certain ab moves to do, and I’m like, ‘OK, this is awkward,’” she recalled."

She may want to consider HIRING a personal trainer, rather than take ab advice from Chase.

adoniijahsooner
12/30/2008, 09:16 AM
what do you think the exercises were? lifted up his shirt and did the worm with his belly perhaps?

OklahomaTuba
12/30/2008, 09:20 AM
Hope they have Taco Bell in Canada, for Chase's sake.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/30/2008, 02:10 PM

Yeah, Chase's girlfriend was the one on the far right and his sister sat between his girlfriend and mom. Personally, if I had a pick (no pun intended), I would choose his sister.

NYC Poke
12/30/2008, 02:22 PM
Let me get right to the point here. I don't like this girl's motives one bit. Not only has she snowballed Chase,

:eek: :eek: :eek:

frankensooner
12/30/2008, 02:40 PM
Daniel's mom said her son has had unsuccessful relationships with “clingy” girls who did not appreciate Daniel’s dedication to football.

“It takes a girl that has a lot of confidence in herself to date Chase,” Vickie Daniel said.

I guess she passed the mom test. :rolleyes:

badger
12/30/2008, 02:55 PM
Sooo... what happens when Chase's "dedication to football" lands him in Canada to play for the Calgary Stampeders?

:) I shouldn't be joking about him. He really looked terrible last night. He panicked, he made bad decisions... I don't see any team in the NFL wanting him right now!

Toronto Sooner
12/30/2008, 03:16 PM
Sooo... what happens when Chase's "dedication to football" lands him in Canada to play for the Calgary Stampeders?

:) I shouldn't be joking about him. He really looked terrible last night. He panicked, he made bad decisions... I don't see any team in the NFL wanting him right now!

Just as long as it's not with the Toronto Argos :eek:

NYC Poke
12/30/2008, 03:46 PM
He merits a wikipedia entry. Huh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Daniel

Remembering Tom Stidham
12/30/2008, 03:49 PM
He looked good last night against Northwestern.

badger
12/30/2008, 04:01 PM
He merits a wikipedia entry. Huh.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chase_Daniel

The best part is his awards list... or should I say, almost-awards list:

# 2006 First Team Academic All-Big 12
# 2006 ESPN The Magazine First Team Academic All-District
# 2006 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (Sept. 4 and Nov. 27)
# 2006 AP Honorable Mention All-Big 12
# 2006 Second Team All-Big 12
# 2007-08 Big 12 Male Athlete of the Year
# 2007 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (Oct. 8, Nov. 5, and Nov. 26)
# 2007 First Team Academic All-Big 12
# 2007 CoSIDA/ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District First Team
# 2007 First Team All-Big 12 (AP, Coaches)
# 2007 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (AP, Coaches)
# 2007 All-America Honorable Mention (Sports Illustrated)
# 2007 All-America Second Team (AP, Walter Camp, Sporting News)
# 2007 Maxwell Award semifinalist
# 2007 finalist for Manning Award, Walter Camp Award, Davey O'Brien Award, and Heisman Trophy
# 2008 Preseason Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year
# 2008 Draddy Trophy runner-up

Take out a word here and there and suddenly you have Sam Bradford! :rolleyes:

NYC Poke
12/30/2008, 04:14 PM
The best part is his awards list... or should I say, almost-awards list:

Take out a word here and there and suddenly you have Sam Bradford! :rolleyes:

I hear ya. The words "Preseason," "Semifinalist," and "Honorable Mention" seem to come up an awful lot. Curious that the word "booger" isn't mentioned anywhere in his bio.

Toronto Sooner
12/30/2008, 04:30 PM
I saw everyone calling him "Booger", but I didn't know the history of how he got the name. I did a YouTube search and I think I found it. The sound effects are funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEW8_KVhDFE

I also found the one with his ***-essment of Colt McCoy. Did you guys see that one? It's hillarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKAbA5AUgtY&feature=related

hgarmorer
12/30/2008, 05:40 PM
I hear ya. The words "Preseason," "Semifinalist," and "Honorable Mention" seem to come up an awful lot. Curious that the word "booger" isn't mentioned anywhere in his bio.

Hell on Wiki thats an easy fix

hgarmorer
12/30/2008, 05:49 PM
I didn't save it but this is what it would look like

Awards and honors

2006 First Team Academic All-Big 12
2006 ESPN The Magazine First Team Academic All-District
2006 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (Sept. 4 and Nov. 27)
2006 AP Honorable Mention All-Big 12
2006 Second Team All-Big 12[1]
2006 All Golden Nose First Team Player of the Year
2007-08 Big 12 Male Athlete of the Year[2]
2007 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (Oct. 8, Nov. 5, and Nov. 26)
2007 First Team Academic All-Big 12
2007 CoSIDA/ESPN The Magazine Academic All-District First Team
2007 First Team All-Big 12 (AP, Coaches)[3]
2007 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (AP, Coaches)[3]
2007 All-America Honorable Mention (Sports Illustrated)
2007 All-America Second Team (AP, Walter Camp, Sporting News)
2007 Maxwell Award semifinalist
2007 finalist for Manning Award, Walter Camp Award, Davey O'Brien Award, and Heisman Trophy
2007 All Golden Nose First Team Player of the Year
2008 Preseason Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year[4]
2008 Draddy Trophy runner-up[5]
2008 All Golden Nose First Team Player of the Year

swardboy
12/30/2008, 06:00 PM
Yeah, Chase's girlfriend was the one on the far right and his sister sat between his girlfriend and mom. Personally, if I had a pick (no pun intended), I would choose his sister.

I'd prolly go with the mom :O

OU1988
12/30/2008, 06:03 PM
He gets my vote for Most Overhyped Bust of the Year

OUAlumni1990
12/30/2008, 07:43 PM
I know we love to hate chase daniel in sooner nation; and with good reason, he has constantly made excuses for his losses to us, and continues to suck at the tit of colt mccoy. But last night something happened as I watched him get mauled by Q. Carter, and witnessed his desperate attempt to juke Nic Harris, only to cough up the ball; I begin to feel sorry for him. It comes a time when it is no longer fun to beat up on the chubby kid with no friends, and last night I felt like putting a blanket on his shoulders and carrying him a safe place. We will miss you Chase. :(

LOLOLOL, those are the same reasons why i hated Chase too. But I actually started to feel sorry for him when OU clown stomped Missouri this year. Somehow, I think OU demoralized Chase. He went from potential heisman winner and future NFL hall of famer to...well... a bum flipping cheeze burgers after this season. I feel OU had alot to do with that. I don't blame him one bit for hating on us. :)

Jdog
12/31/2008, 01:24 AM
Watched him play in High School - saw that he had all the talent in the world, but knew SOONER or later his mouth and ego would get in the way of his success.

He had built up this season to be so big - proclaiming himself to be the heisman winner before the season started - and it all went to hell after the loss to OSuE. I think thats when he really gave up. You could see it in his eyes during the OU game and you could see it when they lost to Kansas - and then last night after the game he looked like an old fighter who had taken too many punches to the head. Here's to him throwing in the towel - his next stop will probable be coaching middle school football in Southlake.

AllAboutThe'O'
12/31/2008, 02:21 AM

No way Daniel beats out Oklahoma native (Spiro to be exact) Henry Burris, who just happened to win the MVP honor when the Stamps won the Grey Cup in November, the CFL's answer to the Super Bowl.

OUstud
12/31/2008, 02:49 AM
Chase is the definition of a little **** on the field, but considering he had academic honors, he'll probably do fine in the future. Assuming Quinton Carter's lick on him in KC didn't cause any permanent damage :D .

Toronto Sooner
12/31/2008, 08:19 AM
Henry Burris has been a great CFL qb for years now - I didn't know he is a Oklahoma native. As good as he has been, it looks like this past year was his best ever. A few years ago he took a break from the CFL and joined the Chicago Bears as a back up QB (and I think he actually started some games). I think he was there for a couple of seasons before coming back to the CFL. I bet the Bears wish he was still around, given their ongoing qb issues.

The Argos stink. They will need to do a massive overhaul in the off season just to be competitive next year. However, I noticed they have Reggie McNeal (former Texas A&A qb) listed on their roster (as a WR). His number look decent enough (606 yards, 14 per catch).

Just as a side note, the Argos have had a very odd connection to the Heisman trophy. Nebraska's Heisman winner, Eric Crouch, was a back up qb for the Argos. Actually, he was on the same Argo team as Heisman winner Ricky Williams, and at times they were in the same backfield I think (probably very odd to find, even in the NFL). A number of years earlier, Heisman winner Doug Flutie won 2 Grey cups with the Argos. Also, Argo qb for many years (and CFL great), Damon Allen, did not win the Heisman, but his brother Marcus Allen did. It's really unfortunate that Jason White's knees could never allow him to play in the CFL (where both running and passing abilities are critical). If he had the knees then I think he could be a great CFL qb due to his smarts, vision and hard work.

AllAboutThe'O'
1/1/2009, 01:30 AM
Henry Burris has been a great CFL qb for years now - I didn't know he is a Oklahoma native. As good as he has been, it looks like this past year was his best ever. A few years ago he took a break from the CFL and joined the Chicago Bears as a back up QB (and I think he actually started some games). I think he was there for a couple of seasons before coming back to the CFL. I bet the Bears wish he was still around, given their ongoing qb issues.
Burris started the Bears' 2002 season finale, a Sunday night game against the eventual Super Bowl champion Buccaneers. Got beat 15-0. I work with a die-hard Bears fan and he said, to this day, that Burris might have arguably been the worst of the Bear QB's he's seen in the past decade, which is saying something.

Toronto Sooner
1/1/2009, 09:19 AM
That might just be true. However, sometimes it's hard to evaluate the potential of a player (especially at the complex qb position) based on 1 game (or a few games). There is past precedence of some CFL QBs, with similar type CFL success, making a smooth transition over to the NFL (Warren Moon, Dough Flutie, Jeff Garcia). Burris either didn't have what it takes or didn't have enough time to prove himself. I guess we will never know.

Most of the top QBs in the CFL are now getting up in age. Unfortunately, I don't see any CFL QBs taking a shot at the NFL anytime soon.

For the Florida Gator fans, the last guy that led your team to the promise land (Chris Leak) is listed on Montreal's roster - he doesn't have any stats as yet. Does anyone know what his strengths and weaknesses are? I take it he is a better passer than runner, given that Tebow was in on running plays in 2006.

Sometimes the NFL scouts are bang on with player evaluations. Although Hawaii's QB Timmy Chang was breaking all the record books as a passer in June Jones' system, the scouts said that they guy was clearly a "system QB" and couldn't cut it in the NFL. So far they appear to be bang on. It looks like Timmy Chang (in the CFL) attempted 89 passes in 2007 but only completed 47%, with only 1 TD and 7 INTs (it doesn't look like he attempted any passes in 2008).

With Sam Bradford seeming to be either #1 overall or at least top 10, clearly people are currently viewing him as anything but a "system guy".