PDA

View Full Version : Whitlock the fool says that Bradford...

adoniijahsooner
12/7/2008, 02:08 PM
reminds him of Tim Couch. He cites arm strength and the spread as the reason he excels the way he does. Its an article about mizzou, but on page 2 he rips into Sam. A couple of weeks ago he said that the Ball State qb was all world, but I guess Buffalo burst that bubble. When NFL teams watch film on sam they will see smarts, accuracy, and competitiveness that is second to none. Texas has a good defense, and sam still threw for 5 touchdowns against them..you know what? **** all of these dumb *** sports writers and analysts, I believe they said the same about A.D. as well. :mad:

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/columnists/jason_whitlock/story/925950.html

oumartin
12/7/2008, 02:17 PM
hate to say it but as much as I love Sam as a college qb I don't think he is NFL ready and a good possibility he would not be a good NFL qb. I could be really off in my thinking but he strikes me more of an NFL backup who could be a great coach. Kinda a Jason Garrett type for lack of a better comparison

Dan Thompson
12/7/2008, 02:30 PM
He could be a great golfer if he practice more.

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/7/2008, 02:34 PM
of course there is a good possibility of him not being a good NFL QB, especially since only 1 or 2 a year achieve that status. however, in sam's defense - he throws an NFL QB type ball.

OULenexaman
12/7/2008, 02:36 PM
yes he does....you could see that from game 1....

jkm, the stolen pifwafwi
12/7/2008, 02:42 PM
yes he does....you could see that from game 1....

well, game 1 of this year. the difference in his arm strength from last year to this year is amazing. one thing that i think he needs to stay and work on is purposefully throwing balls to let receivers adjust to them, even while covered. of course, i'm not sure he has the talent to really do that at this point.

OULenexaman
12/7/2008, 02:43 PM
and he has exceptional vision of the field IMO...

ashley
12/7/2008, 02:46 PM
I coached QB's for 38 yrs and he is as ready as most I have ever seen. His mechanics are great, quick release, classic throwing motion and he can make all the NFL throws plus he has fantastic accuracy. He reminds me of Elway without the mobility. I do know the scouts have him rated very high and believe he will be a franchise player. They have told our staff as much.
I would be interested in what you guys are seeing that I don't.

adoniijahsooner
12/7/2008, 02:53 PM
I just watched film of him this morning, and sam is almost flawless. I remember when he threw into double coverage last and the ball was on the money. The most impressive thing is the lack of mistakes. Plus, when we line up in the I-formation, his ball fakes remind me of peyton mannings. I just dont see where this arm strength question comes into play.

OULenexaman
12/7/2008, 02:54 PM
well, game 1 of this year. the difference in his arm strength from last year to this year is amazing. one thing that i think he needs to stay and work on is purposefully throwing balls to let receivers adjust to them, even while covered. of course, i'm not sure he has the talent to really do that at this point.

sound like coachspeak...you just don't want to lose him yet...:D

OULenexaman
12/7/2008, 03:03 PM
I coached QB's for 38 yrs and he is as ready as most I have ever seen. His mechanics are great, quick release, classic throwing motion and he can make all the NFL throws plus he has fantastic accuracy. He reminds me of Elway without the mobility. I do know the scouts have him rated very high and believe he will be a franchise player. They have told our staff as much.
I would be interested in what you guys are seeing that I don't.

He is very Elway like...rolling right and making the throw across the grain...and on the money!! I've seen this several times...he's ready...

Pedro Sanchez
12/7/2008, 03:06 PM
He is very Elway like...rolling right and making the throw across the grain...and on the money!! I've seen this several times...he's ready...

I think he needs two more years...:D

OULenexaman
12/7/2008, 03:15 PM
I think he needs two more years...:D

won't happen...not with the new NFL rookie contract $$ caps coming into effect...

Indy Sooner
12/7/2008, 03:29 PM
Whitlock is a blowhard and not surprisingly was shilling for someone from his 1-AA Ball State school.

SoonerInKCMO
12/7/2008, 03:37 PM
Like Indy says, Whitlock just likes to say things to get people riled up and is as big of a homer as you're going to see when it comes to Ball State. I've been reading him for seven years and I doubt he actually believes more than 1/2 the things he puts to print.

illinisooner
12/7/2008, 03:44 PM
Well, his biggest knock so far is when he's pressured, he's average. Sam has gotten great pass protection the past 2 years, and when he's lining up under center for the Detroit Lions next season (hopefully not, but you get my point) he won't exactly have all day to throw. Sticking around next season and dealing with an inexperienced (but talented) o line will help him alot. But as far as arm strength, poise, decision making, etc goes...he's one of the best in the game.

Kimberlyz4OU
12/7/2008, 04:13 PM
Sam is by far the best qb in college football, and yes espn(Lou Holtz),even better than the almighty Tim Tebow, or Frankie Muniz..i mean..Colt McCoy(Mark May). I've tivo'd, watched and rewatched every game since last year's north texas game(Sams 1st start as a rs-freshman) in which he went 21-23 with 363 yds, 3 tds-o picks and I don't understand how people can doubt his ability at the next level..he makes everything look so effortless and is more mobile than all the talking heads give him credit..just because he doesn't have to scramble and run for his life..doesn't mean he can't. He's a great all around athlete. I also don't understand how espn says by him having a GREAT supporting cast it will hurt his chances at the Heisman..it didn't seem to hurt leinart's chances in 04' when he had bush, white, jarrett, steve smith, Dominique Byrd and Fred Davis. They all seem to want to give it to Tebow(who has just as much talent) or McCoy, who supposedly doesn't have any help..are you kidding me..how can you have top 5 recruiting classes every year and not have any surrounding talent. Sam WILL be a great nfl qb here in the next few years..and as for the Tim Couch comparison..Tim Couch didn't have 84 tds throughout just his soph. year..oh thats right..NO ONE has. If Sam Bradford doesn't win the heisman this year it'll be a joke..McCoy or Tebow's numbers don't even come close..48 tds-6 ints..theres a reason he's been number 1 in pass efficiency for his first and only 2 years.

KingDavid
12/7/2008, 04:14 PM
You watch: Bradford will be All-Pro NFL by his fifth season. He has all the tools - the arm, vision, snap-release . . . plus he has "it": the maturity, the mental calmness, the leadership, the presence. The only thing that derails his success is a ****ty coach/team situation, or a major injury.

Newbomb Turk
12/7/2008, 04:32 PM
hate to say it but as much as I love Sam as a college qb I don't think he is NFL ready and a good possibility he would not be a good NFL qb. I could be really off in my thinking but he strikes me more of an NFL backup who could be a great coach. Kinda a Jason Garrett type for lack of a better comparison

based on this, we should see Sam in Canton, Ohio in several years.

;)

bluedogok
12/7/2008, 04:36 PM
won't happen...not with the new NFL rookie contract $$ caps coming into effect...
That is not assured, there may even be a work stoppage before that goes into effect. The next CBA negotiations will be fairly contentious I believe.

Well, his biggest knock so far is when he's pressured, he's average. Sam has gotten great pass protection the past 2 years, and when he's lining up under center for the Detroit Lions next season (hopefully not, but you get my point) he won't exactly have all day to throw. Sticking around next season and dealing with an inexperienced (but talented) o line will help him alot. But as far as arm strength, poise, decision making, etc goes...he's one of the best in the game.
How is that different than 99% of the current NFL QB's playing behind bad line right now? ALL QB's get that way if they don't have confidence in their line. The ones that don't get their careers ended quickly.

stoopified
12/7/2008, 06:23 PM
Whitlock apparently suffersfrom A.D.D. Because IF he could actually pay attention he would realize Sam is not JUST a spread formation QB,he also excels in dropping back in one- back or I-formations.Sam is mobile and throws very well on the run.There is along way to go before Sam steps foot on a NFL field to tforge a creer in the pay for play world.He has excellent arm strength,quickness,size, and accuracy in his arsenal.If Sam does not go on to be an NFL QB injuries are the most likely culprit to stop him and not talent,intelligence or work ethic.

It should be remebered that Whitlock is the same guy who raved about Nate Davis just before his meldown vs. Buffalo.

OULenexaman
12/7/2008, 06:38 PM
he LOVES Nate Davis...and he still wants the Chiefs to bring back Jeff George...he's an INDY homer...

HBick
12/7/2008, 06:40 PM
I think he's ready, but it would be very surprising if he pulled a Matt Ryan like in Atlanta this year. He'd definitely have to work, I just hope he doesn't end up in San Fransisco or worse, Detroit.

ouwapiti
12/7/2008, 07:03 PM
best college throwing qb i've ever seen by FAR!!!!!!!!!...accuracy is amazing......kudos to 'o' line for allowing him time to deliver all those 'on the numbers' passes

bluedogok
12/7/2008, 07:04 PM
Just another of the bitter rants about something that "ruins the game"....
Haven't we heard the same thing about freshman eligibility, going away from the two platoon system, the forward pass and allowing "black athletes" to play the game :eek:

His opinion is just as wrong as those who held the previously stated opinions.