PDA

View Full Version : Congratulation's Sam

yur-out
12/7/2008, 11:36 AM
On being the nations pass efficiency leader for two years in a row.

Tebow was #2 last year

Colt is #3 this year

http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2008&rpt=IA_playerpasseff&site=org

oudivesherpa
12/7/2008, 11:52 AM
I think Sam locked up the Heisman last night

soonerfan28
12/7/2008, 12:00 PM
Damn were they givin Tebow some love last night on Final. People have some hatred for OU that I just can't figure out. Tebow has had a good year, but not like Bradford.

1890MilesToNorman
12/7/2008, 12:00 PM
I think Sam locked up the Heisman last night

You don't know those voters very well. Stats be damned full media blitz ahead. :mad:

OUHOMER
12/7/2008, 12:09 PM
Just by looking at those numbers, how can anybody vote for someone other than Sam?

OUHOMER
12/7/2008, 12:12 PM
Amazing, The BIG 12 has 5 QB's rated in the top 10. 7 in the top 25, 8 in top 30.

oumartin
12/7/2008, 12:27 PM
it's cuz we don't play defense in the Big 12 ;)

Curly Bill
12/7/2008, 12:30 PM
It's cause Tebow has the heart of a lion and is teh greatest leader of all time. :rolleyes:

oumartin
12/7/2008, 12:31 PM
don't you mean Bronko Nagurski?

Curly Bill
12/7/2008, 12:37 PM
don't you mean Bronko Nagurski?

...and he is Bronko Nagurski reincarnate. How could I have forgot that? :D

SoonerEmpire
12/7/2008, 01:34 PM
Win or lose the heisman... doesn't matter. Sam > Tebow and Mccoy.

If Tebow wins the Heisman, perhaps we can get Torrance Marshall to be in attendance at the 50 for the coin toss again to talk some noise.

Jeronimo
12/7/2008, 01:39 PM
I think Nic Harris is more than capable of pulling a T-Marsh

SoonerEmpire
12/7/2008, 01:42 PM
Agreed, but Marshall instantly became one of my favorite OU players ever the way that he mentally mindf*cked Weinke and the rest of the FSU captains.

SoonerLB
12/7/2008, 01:48 PM
Damn were they givin Tebow some love last night on Final. People have some hatred for OU that I just can't figure out. Tebow has had a good year, but not like Bradford.

Complete and utter disrespect for Sam by Reese, Holtz, and May on their Heisman spot. They debated the Heisman going to either Colt or Jeebus Nagurski, not one mention of Sam in the entire discussion.

SoonerObsession
12/7/2008, 01:57 PM
It's understandable to me why they love Tim Tebow. He's awesome. Not only is he a great football player, but he's a great person as well. But I don't understand why analysts put him over Sam this season. Sam has not had a bad game all year. Hopefully, he can have one more great game this year. He's so accurate that when he has a bad throw, everyone looks at each other with a puzzled look on their face (opening drive against Mizzou). I admit that Tim Tebow's strength is impressive. You just don't see many qb's that are so overpowering when they run. But the numbers he has this year do not stack up against Sam's.

Sooner Suzie
12/7/2008, 02:07 PM
The final NCAA standings include bowl games. Sam hasn't won the title yet, but he's in pretty good shape. Since Tulsa didn't win their championship, they will have an easier opponent to play in their bowl and Johnson may retake the lead.

More_Cowbell
12/7/2008, 02:12 PM
Complete and utter disrespect for Sam by Reese, Holtz, and May on their Heisman spot. They debated the Heisman going to either Colt or Jeebus Nagurski, not one mention of Sam in the entire discussion.

I'd heard about the whole judge/lawyer thing they do but I've never watched it. I watched that show for the first time last night and thought that segment was just silly. Do people actually enjoy that shtick...was that guy actually wearing a judge's robe? Mark May being perceived as an expert in anything is ludicrous and Holtz just looked (and sounded) awkward.

I was actually kinda surprised they didn't promote Sam for Heisman. We have all learned that ESPiN is all about the story, and I would think a better story line would be Sam as the 2008 Heisman winner vs Timmy the 2007 Heisman winner in the MNC. Fox must be carrying the big game this year or something...

Rogue
12/7/2008, 02:53 PM
The top 10 QBs with >3000 yards are all great ratings-wise.

Rogue
12/7/2008, 02:56 PM
We need a Heisman playoff this year too.