PDA

View Full Version : now we're being blamed for "running it up"

fadada1
12/7/2008, 08:47 AM
john kincaid (asshat) and beano cook (king asshat) we're just discussing how "disgraceful" it was for bob stoops to score that many - as if he was "rubbing it in" concerning a game that we lost 2 months ago... he should be ashamed. HEY MISSOURI, IT'S YOUR JOB TO STOP US!!!!

i about blew a gasket on the drive into work. seriously, what is coach stoops suppose to do? "hey sam, stop trying." "hey moses, did you really need to run it in from 30 yards?"

i'm curious to hear what had happened should texas have scored 62 on mizzou.

i'm absolutely sick of this **** from the media. POUND, and i mean POUND a team in a conference championship and we get criticized. win by 1, and we're a fraud.

as many of you know, musburger and "herbie" we're still thinking comeback in the middle of the 3rd quarter - WHEN MISSOURI WAS DOWN BY 40!!!!. if you want texas to be in the championship game, just say it. we're not ****ing stupid.

i officially loath the media and all they stand for.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/7/2008, 08:58 AM
Beano is a king corso sucker! He must be butt lovers with Lupica!

Burnt hamburger and herbie were commenting on how Mizzou won th e3rd quarter and we were failing and giving someone else a chance...then they started touting 60+ points and no one had done that in 5 straight games...they were challenging the team to do it. Its not like we were flinging it down the field. We were on the ground most of the end of the 4th unless to throw for FDs and keep the drive alive.

I hate BEano and wish he would go away.

IronHorseSooner
12/7/2008, 09:02 AM
He's just mad the title games isn't Notre Dame and Penn State.

TMcGee86
12/7/2008, 09:15 AM
Exactly.

We don't score jack in the third and Herb and Mush start talking about how Mizzou is "winning" the second half. And how the voters will definitely take that into account.

Now we're too mean for scoring in the second half.

GMAFB

okienole3
12/7/2008, 09:16 AM
Beano is a king corso sucker! He must be butt lovers with moron reporter who criticizes things he doesn't know about!

Burnt hamburger and herbie were commenting on how Mizzou won th e3rd quarter and we were failing and giving someone else a chance...then they started touting 60+ points and no one had done that in 5 straight games...they were challenging the team to do it. Its not like we were flinging it down the field. We were on the ground most of the end of the 4th unless to throw for FDs and keep the drive alive.

I hate BEano and wish he would go away.

Actually, we did throw a long one to Iggy about three plays before Mossis took it in. But, who cares? Bob made a great point. As much as Sam has sat in the 4th quarter this year, he should be able to stay in the whole game in the Big XII Championship game. If you can't stay in the whole game then, when can you?

stoopified
12/7/2008, 09:22 AM
Remember when we were blasted for only beating KU by 14?The haters are never happy.The BCS stands forthe Beauty Contest Series,it ain't just about winning but winning pretty.Damn,this OU offense is the prettiest I have ever seen.

Rocker
12/7/2008, 09:25 AM
"Running it up" are good problems to have! Next Subject!

sooneron
12/7/2008, 09:29 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=253370251

Mike@DW
12/7/2008, 09:31 AM
Who cares anymore? Run it up. Score 70. F'em all.

So are we not good enough or are we too good? Make up your minds. Just tell use exactly now many points you want us to win by... 7, 32, 28, 10, 75, 42...

We should just play 60 min full tilt and let the talking heads say what they say and the chips fall where they may.

Flagstaffsooner
12/7/2008, 09:36 AM
L*pica just called us a dream team.

1890MilesToNorman
12/7/2008, 09:38 AM
If USC or any other team had a run of 5 games with 60+, and had 58 in the game before the streak, they would be pronounced the team of the millennium. Since it is the Sooners though they don't even deserve a CCG let alone MNCG. Humm, something stinks in Denmark, Barry Switzer must have pizzed off the Illuminati back in the 70's to hold this grudge for 3 decades? :D

Jacie
12/7/2008, 09:40 AM
Let's see, until the clock was winding down with under a minute left in the game and the tigars opted not to call timeout, they were trying to score on Oklahoma. Does that mean we aren't afforded the same privilege?

Just ask The King about situations like this. He learned his first year as a head coach, it is better for em to hate you than to pity you. OU got jobbed in 1973 by the morally superior UPI poll that would not allow a team on probation to be ranked. The result was an undefeated Sooner team won a split national title. After that, Switzer didn't care what everyone else thought about the Sooners so long as they won, won, won and by as large a margin as possible.

SoonerGrad2003
12/7/2008, 09:40 AM
L*pica just called us a dream team.

He also said UT is getting screwed in this whole situation, and that whole panel gives credence to the head-to-head matchup argument. Does anyone in the media remember that Texas got beat by Texas Tech? The Sports Reporters is the worst show on TV.

PLaw
12/7/2008, 09:47 AM
Exactly.

We don't score jack in the third and Herb and Mush start talking about how Mizzou is "winning" the second half. And how the voters will definitely take that into account.

Now we're too mean for scoring in the second half.

GMAFB

You can't win. This type of commentary is exactly what is wrong with ESPiN having the BCS for the next six years. There will be a concerted effort to promote schools with the largest TV markets. It's the same "eastern media" bias that we have dealt with for decades.

Last night, we we're going to be damned if we didn't win big and damned if we did.

SCREW ESPiN - ,SCREW ESPiNU WE'RE FROM OKLAHOMA!

BOOMER

PLaw
12/7/2008, 09:51 AM
He also said UT is getting screwed in this whole situation, and that whole panel gives credence to the head-to-head matchup argument. Does anyone in the media remember that Texas got beat by Texas Tech? The Sports Reporters is the worst show on TV.

These jerk offs keep talking head to head - then you have to put an 11-1 Tech ahead of Texass. Oh yeah, the game that was never was. And, forget that Tech dominated for 3 qtrs.

BOOMER

tulsaoilerfan
12/7/2008, 10:38 AM
But somehow us beating Tech by 44 totally makes them beating Texass a moot point:rolleyes:

ouleaf
12/7/2008, 10:54 AM
Let us not forget that it was only a few years ago where saxeT beat up on Colorado 70-3. Did we hear any cries of them running it up? I don't remember hearing any.

Boomer.....
12/7/2008, 12:37 PM
We would have been accused of running up the score whether we scored the last 2 td's or not. No matter what we do, it's running up the score. F-em all, score as much as we can.

WA. Sooner
12/7/2008, 12:45 PM
We ran the score up. BIG DEAL

OK2LA
12/7/2008, 01:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=253370251

In Tejas' defense - it looks like they put their defense in on offense in the 4th quarter. Look at the scoring detail. It was 70-3 half-way through the 3rd quarter! And then . . . no more scoring!

That is an epic *** whuppin.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/7/2008, 01:23 PM
Does Beano still think OsU has won 4 of the last 6 against OU?

Paperclip
12/7/2008, 01:24 PM
I don't have a problem with the points we scored. I was disappointed we threw the ball deep to Iglesias when we did late in the game. I didn't like that at all. Madu scoring didn't bother me. He broke a run and scored. Fine. The deep pass was unnecessary and deserving of any criticism it gets.

Boomer.....
12/7/2008, 01:35 PM
I agree. I didn't think Sam should have been in much of the 4th, much less throwing deep balls.

Ground_Attack
12/7/2008, 02:44 PM
In Tejas' defense - it looks like they put their defense in on offense in the 4th quarter. Look at the scoring detail. It was 70-3 half-way through the 3rd quarter! And then . . . no more scoring!

That is an epic *** whuppin.

You mean like the dismantling of aggy 77-0? We had 77 in the 3rd quarter and were accused of running that one up by the same Lupica turd.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2008, 03:09 PM
We ran the score up. BIG DEAL

That's the point. It's hilarious that out of frustration, opposing fans are dwelling on the final score of a one-sided game. From post game comments, it sounded like the team asked to play a full 60 minutes and Stoops let them do it. But they certainly changed the play calling in the 2nd half with a lot more running and almost all the passes being very short to keep the chains moving. I'm sure that was to limit the risk of Sam taking a hit in the pocket on a slow developing play. That one shot at the endzone on the last drive is the only thing that could be interpreted as running it up and it almost back-fired with a pick.

GrapevineSooner
12/7/2008, 03:21 PM
This just in, we're also being blamed for global warming, the recession, and for Iran going nuclear.

MissouriSooner
12/7/2008, 03:24 PM

So what? we basically did the same thing when we beat aTm 77-0 [I was at that game,and we ran about forty straight plays right up the gut]; but did it gain us any points with the media? NOT! We still got hammered for picking on a helpless aTm team. As a previous poster said, OU will FOREVER suffer from the eastern media/small TV market bias, so as has been said, we might as well score as many points as we can, because no matter what we do, we're gonna get hammered by the media. As The King said, better to be hated and feared than to be pitied or looked upon as lovable losers.

soonerhubs
12/7/2008, 03:30 PM
I just wanted to take a moment to thank Texas for "Choosing" not to run up the score on OSU when they came to Austin. ;) That "Choice" was apparently made out of class alone.

tbl
12/7/2008, 03:31 PM
I don't have a problem with the points we scored. I was disappointed we threw the ball deep to Iglesias when we did late in the game. I didn't like that at all. Madu scoring didn't bother me. He broke a run and scored. Fine. The deep pass was unnecessary and deserving of any criticism it gets.

Disagree. I loved all of it. I just wish we had shut them out on defense.

MojoRisen
12/7/2008, 03:34 PM
We could have scored 80 on Mizzou, basically most of our reps in the 2nd half were running and different type of pass plays to different players we normally don't use. Practice and we wanted to execute practice - you can never get enough live game action for practice.

I think once 60 was in reach with a couple of turnovers etc and after mizzou scored 21 points on us - we decided to go ahead and get 60 thus the pass too IGGY- I also thought that we were just showcasing Igg- with like 3-4 in row and lot's of other guys were open as well.

We did not get sloppy in the 2nd half- we took the hammer off of them and tried to burn clock...

BudSooner
12/7/2008, 04:34 PM
How to solve this issue, hang 90 on Florida.

**** the media, all of 'em.

Soonersince57
12/7/2008, 05:51 PM
Does Beano still think OsU has won 4 of the last 6 against OU?

I think it's 5 of 7 now for the Beano

SoonerInFortSmith
12/7/2008, 06:12 PM
I'm glad we kept Sam in the game. Everyone knew he was having surgery this morning. Let the kid play.

TexasEx4OU
12/7/2008, 06:22 PM
I just figured out what I want for Christmas...an OU/Texas rematch in Miami for all the marbles. I realize it is highly unlikely, as the humans will give it to Florida, but I also believe that Texas deserves to be in the title game just as much as Florida (hey, both teams beat a then #1 on a neutral field; and Florida has the worse loss).

But more importantly, I want the chance to stomp a freakin' gargantuan mudhole in Texas. Mark Schlabach is right...we would beat the hell out of Texas right now. And I would like nothing more than to do just that, on a neutral field, so that the clearly biased media and the "...but...but...we're Texas" crybabies would finally S. T. F. U.

I'm sick of it. Now the line du jour is that we "ran up the score" last night? Know what? YOU'RE ******* RIGHT WE DID! And we did it because you kept beating the "head-to-head" drum, ignored the fact that Texas lost to Tech, gave Florida a "they're playing well now" pass, continually maligned our D, and basically called OU unworthy. So, I'm sorry...you can suck it!

And one last bit of rantification...next October, I'm shoving a corndog in the earhole of the first Horn fan that I see wearing a t-shirt with "2008 Big XII Champs" on the front, and "45-35" on the back.

brugger
12/7/2008, 07:15 PM
This is from the same idiots who coined the phrase "Style Points"

Style Points = Run Up The Score!