3. Texas Tech
4. Florida
5. Utah
6. Alabama

...using the ELO CHESS ratings (BCS).

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt08.htm

Suppressor
12/7/2008, 04:17 AM
I sure hope UT ends up #2 in the BCS. I want to see our boys rip them a new one in Miami.

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2008, 04:50 AM
What does this mean?

StoopTroup
12/7/2008, 04:52 AM
Doesn't "Sweet n Low" have a lot of sagarin in it?

SoonerBorn68
12/7/2008, 05:00 AM
What does this mean?

Probably nothing, but UTerus still might have a gasp of air left. :eek:

SicEmBaylor
12/7/2008, 05:11 AM
I'm personally kind of hoping to see an OU/UT game regardless of how improbable it is.

StoopTroup
12/7/2008, 05:19 AM
Probably nothing, but UTerus still might have a gasp of air left. :eek:

I think I heard that our Computer rankings were so solid that at least 100 voters would have to change their votes to help texas. Should something like that occur...it would be equal to putting the "Fix" in IMO. One week you vote OU in over texas and the next week the Team you voted in (OU) plays for the Conference Championship....rolls their opponent like a drunken sailor while texas is sitting at Home with a Colt to their head....and....the voters have the audacity to suddenly try and alter the line up for the MNC?

Can you hear the cries if it didn't go Florida's way and they rematched the RRSO? I say this only to give you the same level of out cry that should be there right now for even mentioning that OU shouldn't be in the game and that Florida and texas should be lined up instead.

I'm gonna go fart and then get some sleep.

See you folks again in a few hours.

Man that was an AWESOME FREAKING GAME!

Made the drive back to Tulsa in 4 hOUrs.

SAM 4 HEISMAN!

Frozen Sooner
12/7/2008, 05:46 AM
Here's the deal:

Texas will likely be #2 in most of the computers.

Florida will likely be either #1 or #2 in both of the human polls.

Alabama was receiving the vast majority of the first place votes. If OU gets most of Alabama's first place votes, then Texas has a decent shot of staying ahead of Florida. If Florida gets them, then Texas is hosed.

TheHumanAlphabet
12/7/2008, 08:54 AM
The national MSM and espin will **** a cow if Uterus stays above UF and goes to the MNC rather than UF. I couldn't believe it, espin/already been crapped was annointing UF into the game and not discussing anything of the nuances of the BCS. Bastages! I wonder what they would think if this unbiased poll would place 2 B12 South teams into the MNC???

sooner518
12/7/2008, 10:40 AM
As much as I want to play UT again, Im not sure I could stand to listen to a month's worth of bitching if Florida gets left out. ESPN will get permabanned on my TV if this is the case.

StoopTroup
12/7/2008, 10:46 AM
As much as I want to play UT again, Im not sure I could stand to listen to a month's worth of bitching if Florida gets left out. ESPN will get permabanned on my TV if this is the case.

You know...that sounds awesome...

I don't think either you or me could really pull it off though...

The bastages have a way of creeping into OUr situations from time to time...

Now....if Boren would outlaw them....:D ;)

IronHorseSooner
12/7/2008, 10:47 AM
That would be really bad for all of us living in FLA.

1890MilesToNorman
12/7/2008, 10:56 AM
That would be really bad for all of us living in FLA.

Probably Rodney king type riots in the Florida streets? Oh the Humanity of it all. :O

IronHorseSooner
12/7/2008, 11:10 AM
Probably Rodney king type riots in the Florida streets? Oh the Humanity of it all. :O

You're not far off!! The thing is, that I have told Gators fans that if they get hosed, it's not OUr fault, it's:texan: . Their shameless whining is what got them where they are. If FLA gets left out, they need to direct their angst to A$$town, not here.

stoopified
12/7/2008, 11:16 AM
AS long as we are in,I don't care if we play UF,UT,USC,Bama,makes no difference.

yermom
12/7/2008, 11:27 AM
Here's the deal:

Texas will likely be #2 in most of the computers.

Florida will likely be either #1 or #2 in both of the human polls.

Alabama was receiving the vast majority of the first place votes. If OU gets most of Alabama's first place votes, then Texas has a decent shot of staying ahead of Florida. If Florida gets them, then Texas is hosed.

i was saying this last night. unless the voters aren't putting Texas lower than #3 a lot, things could get weird. if they collectively aren't thinking about it, i think it could happen. no one was talking about it either.

if we are #1 and Texas is getting sympathy votes, they could jump Florida. Florida was not very well liked in the computers comparatively. Bama was the 2nd ranked team they beat this year

i'm not sure i really want to see Texas again this year... but i think it would be freaking hilarious to see the media meltdown if it happened

MojoRisen
12/7/2008, 11:31 AM
Texas could sneak in.... Back Door Horns

Indy Sooner
12/7/2008, 11:50 AM
i was saying this last night. unless the voters aren't putting Texas lower than #3 a lot, things could get weird. if they collectively aren't thinking about it, i think it could happen. no one was talking about it either.

if we are #1 and Texas is getting sympathy votes, they could jump Florida. Florida was not very well liked in the computers comparatively. Bama was the 2nd ranked team they beat this year

i'm not sure i really want to see Texas again this year... but i think it would be freaking hilarious to see the media meltdown if it happened

http://bcsguru.com/

noobalicious
12/7/2008, 11:51 AM
That's what was expected for us.

Not good news for Florida though.

tommieharris91
12/7/2008, 12:18 PM
That's what was expected for us.

Not good news for Florida though.

Florida moved up from 6th to 4th in that computer.

MojoRisen
12/7/2008, 12:21 PM
If people are still messing around with this OU Texas thing Florida could be left out.

I am pretty sure they are going to be #1 though in the Harris and Coaches...

noobalicious
12/7/2008, 12:21 PM
Florida moved up from 6th to 4th in that computer.

If Texas has a good edge in the computers, and we were to take the majority of the #1 votes, Texas has a good chance. Florida being 4th is terrible for them. They want to be 3 or higher in the computers if possible.

tommieharris91
12/7/2008, 12:26 PM
If Texas has a good edge in the computers, and we were to take the majority of the #1 votes, Texas has a good chance. Florida being 4th is terrible for them. They want to be 3 or higher in the computers if possible.

It isn't as bad as you might think. Florida wasn't going to pass Texas in the computers, but Florida gains .02 in this computer because they moved up and Texas didn't move. If they gain in other computers (and I think they will) then they will move closer to Texas.

The Gators will need help from the humans, though.