PDA

View Full Version : Bob's Sixth Big XII Title

Octavian
12/7/2008, 03:18 AM
...in his 10 year run at OU....and third straight.

...when no other program has won more than 2...and no other coach has won more than one.

Now, we've all had a month of talking about the three-way tie headache and taken a brutal beating by the media elites this last week...

And we're (probably) going to have a month coming up of National Title Game hype -- sprinkled with references as to why we shouldn't be there. Before we get into our 4th BCS national title game appearance (another record), Tebow, the Gators, or OU's continuing knack for playing national title games against teams in their home states....

we really should take a moment and just realize how impressive OU's domination over the Big XII Conference has been under Stoops. We all know the numbers --six conference titles in 10 years and a 6-1 record in the Big XII title game --and its become so commonplace that it seems like we just take it for granted that another trophy will just naturally end up in the Switzer Center every December. But what the Stoops regime has done is just ridiculous.

This conference hasn't been a one-team show like the Pac-10 or collection of do-nothings like the Big East. Three different Big XII programs have won a NC in its 12 year history. Stoops has half of those conference crowns. In the '00 decade, this has been a pretty tough conference overall, filled with great players --3 Heisman winners -- and great coaches....and Stoops has owned it.

The '90s seem so far away now...and at some point we'll inevitably look back at this time and wish it could be that good again. Another great year from Stoops Inc. It's been fun.

En_Fuego
12/7/2008, 03:21 AM
AMEN

Blues1
12/7/2008, 07:01 AM
Another Amen ~~~ Plus Look at all news lines we add to College Football -If it wasn't for Our Sooners, College Football would be about only 1/2 of interesting ~~~ :) --- We (Our Sooners) create more News Articles in one Season than most programs due in 20 years ~~~~ Still ~~~ :)

OKC-SLC
12/7/2008, 09:28 AM
Word.

stoopified
12/7/2008, 10:28 AM
You all do KNOW we have no chance to win vs. UF,right?The reason we can't stop UF does amuse me however,according to the talking heads on ESPNU(Luginbill,Galino,Gottfried)we can not defend UF's OPTION because NOBODY in the Big 12 runs it.Apparently they have not watched OSU,Baylor,Nebraska,Texas play.

IronHorseSooner
12/7/2008, 10:39 AM
You all do KNOW we have no chance to win vs. UF,right?The reason we can't stop UF does amuse me however,according to the talking heads on ESPNU(Luginbill,Galino,Gottfried)we can not defend UF's OPTION because NOBODY in the Big 12 runs it.Apparently they have not watched OSU,Baylor,Nebraska,Texas play.

Like I've said before, Gottfied is still pizzed at The King for mudstomping him year after year when he was at KU. Galino is just the announcer guy, and Luginbill just feeds off what Gottfired says.

okienole3
12/7/2008, 10:44 AM
Very impressive by Bob. The sad thing is, I think, no I know, that winning the Big XII has become so routine for him that some fans don't realize what a big deal it is.

fadada1
12/7/2008, 10:46 AM
obligatory horn response: 45-35.

:D

nice post, octavian!!!

soonervegas
12/7/2008, 10:47 AM
I agree that we need to savor what we have right now.

P.S. All I want for christmas from espn is a month straight of "we have no shot"

soonervegas
12/7/2008, 10:48 AM
I agree that we need to savor what we have right now.

P.S. All I want for christmas from espn is a month straight of "we have no shot"

StoopTroup
12/7/2008, 11:03 AM
We walked down from Club Level to watch Bob, The Coaching Staff and OUr Players enjoy the new hardware. It was awesome!

That's when I took my "Moment".

We've got one great Team.

We deserve everything we get from here on out.

What a GREAT SEASON ! ! !

BOOMER SOONER ! ! !

badger
12/7/2008, 11:07 AM
Didn't Bammer win like 23 SEC titles in the SEC's 76-year history?

That's where we can be when the Big 12 is that old :P

Till then, we'll continue over achieving and clarify the naysayers repeatedly. Here are some responses that shall suffice:

1- Ain't braggin' if it's true.
2- It's not cockiness, it's confidence.
3- You're not excited to play us, you're nervous... no, "scary sh!tless" is more appropriate.
4- If you don't like it, get better.

CatfishSooner
12/7/2008, 11:20 AM
i love Stoops....

OK2LA
12/7/2008, 11:58 AM
... Three different Big XII programs have won a NC in its 12 year history. Stoops has half of those conference crowns.

OU, TX, and Who? Am I 'tupid?

Tulsa_Fireman
12/7/2008, 12:04 PM
Iowa State.

SoonerB
12/7/2008, 12:05 PM
Nebraska

Laelaface
12/7/2008, 12:16 PM
Way to go Stoops and company, you guys are the best. Proud of my team!

MojoRisen
12/7/2008, 12:29 PM
Unbelievable really! Awesome

It worked when recruiting RJ Washington - he wants to win Championships!

Octavian
12/7/2008, 01:08 PM
OU, TX, and Who? Am I 'tupid?

maybe? ;)

nah, that one gets forgotten sometimes because it was a split...Osborne's last year in '97 -- shared with Michigan