PDA

View Full Version : No one is giving OU a chance

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2008, 01:46 AM
On the radio and on various fan boards, all are predicting a Florida win, and many are saying blowout.

Florida will be tough. But I think OU has at least a prayer.

SoonerBacker
12/7/2008, 01:52 AM
Good! I hope they continue to make these predicitions. All it will do is p!ss Coach Stoops and the team off.

All_Day_28
12/7/2008, 01:52 AM
I like no one giving us a chance personally.

Desert Sapper
12/7/2008, 01:54 AM
Florida has the fastest and most physical defense we've ever seen. OUr 'video game' offense doesn't stand a chance against the SEC.

MiccoMacey
All the way up to today I was saying we'd lose to Florida if we played them.

I hope it's not just emotion, but I like our chacnes against them right now.

I know they played the #1 team in the country, but they looked "beatable".

SoonerGrant
No one gave us a chance in 2000. We were supposed to get blown out, and then FSU's offense didn't even score :D

PDXsooner
12/7/2008, 01:55 AM
we were favored in our last 4 BCS games and lost them all. Maybe being the underdog will be a good thing.

SoonerGrant
12/7/2008, 01:57 AM
we were favored in our last 4 BCS games and lost them all. Maybe being the underdog will be a good thing.

I think so too. More motivation for our players over the next month.

SoonerGOP
12/7/2008, 01:57 AM
Great! I don't want to be favored. I want everyone to talk about how we didn't deserve to be in the Big XII game much less in the BCS game.

Give us more reason to work harder each practice, keep focused on Florida and not the NFL draft.

Remind us about how we aren't a good defense and that the Big XII didn't have any decent defenses this year, just like the PAC10 of old.

Talk about how Tebow is so much better because he runs the ball.

Bring it.

IBleedCrimson
12/7/2008, 02:00 AM
understandable since Florida is the greatest team in the sec which is the greatest conference ever. They also have a demi god in the tebola virus at qb. How can the mere mortals ou fields compete with such shear awesomeness!?

Personally, I'm gonna become a poke fan, at least they score moral victories

And in case this is necessary: :rolleyes:

DangTire
12/7/2008, 02:02 AM
No one gave us a chance in 2000. We were supposed to get blown out, and then FSU's offense didn't even score :D

Unfortunately, Mike isn't here to wipe Simple Brent's nose for him anymore. That's going to make things a little tough. There'll likely be 130 points scored in the game.

Knippz
12/7/2008, 02:03 AM
Wow, really?! What has Florida done that is so special? They play a weaker schedule than us and we win more impressively than them all season.

What is wrong with all of you?!?

I say we not only win, but dominate on Jan. 8.

SoonerGrant
12/7/2008, 02:04 AM
Oh I know, I was just pointing out that we weren't giving the light of day then. Just throwing that stat out there as some motivation :D

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2008, 02:15 AM

Hey man, cut that crap! We will be lucky to score at all. I just hope Florida doesn't run up the score.

misplaced_sooner
12/7/2008, 02:16 AM
Bob will have these boys ready to go. They have something to prove. OU wins by 14. Florida hasn't seen an offense like OUs. Floridas D doesn't strike me as "dominate", good yes....dominate...no..

Desert Sapper
12/7/2008, 02:17 AM
Wow, really?! What has Florida done that is so special? They play a weaker schedule than us and we win more impressively than them all season.

But the SEC is the greatest conference in the history of the universe. You must never forget that. It is impossible for us to have played stiffer competition without being in the SEC ourselves.

tulsaoilerfan
12/7/2008, 02:17 AM
Robert Smith on ESPN said it correct; he basically said that Florida has not seen an offense like OU's in the SEC this season, and basically called out the conference for having very mediocre QB's; finally someone in the media gets it

misplaced_sooner
12/7/2008, 02:29 AM
Robert Smith on ESPN said it correct; he basically said that Florida has not seen an offense like OU's in the SEC this season, and basically called out the conference for having very mediocre QB's; finally someone in the media gets it

ESPN sucks. Bradford is going to get shafted in the Heisman race b/c of ESPN and their Tebow and McCoy suckfest.

Okie35
12/7/2008, 02:35 AM

exactly i love it...

Sooner02
12/7/2008, 02:37 AM
I love the underdog feeling. We haven't had it in a BCS game in years. It's fuel for the fire, and I prefer our team to feel disrespected before a big game, it's worked out all year.

Stitch Face
12/7/2008, 02:39 AM
Hey man, cut that crap! We will be lucky to score at all. I just hope Florida doesn't run up the score.

Thankfully Florida is too classy to do that.

SoonerEmpire
12/7/2008, 02:43 AM
Good! I hope they continue to make these predicitions. All it will do is p!ss Coach Stoops and the team off.

+1

sendbaht
12/7/2008, 06:20 AM
I like this, most of the games OUs in the BCS the media was saying we would kill the other team, but one, in 2000 playing Florida St and you know what happened......I like the, I like this.

Blues1
12/7/2008, 06:36 AM

I Agree -- It wouldn't surprise me to see Our Sooners put 60 Plus on these guy's-----It could be 64 to 55, but it's still another 60 plus ~~~~ :)

IronHorseSooner
12/7/2008, 09:21 AM
Being in Tampa and watching FLA all season, OU can beat this team. They have VERY young DBs, and their D-Line is nothing to write home about. They have one good LB, Spikes, and he's very good. I guarantee Sam doesn't get touched during this game. FLA fans bemoan the fact that they don't get to the QB near enough. If we keep it balanced, we rip through their D. Their special teams are REALLY good; however, their playmakers on specials are not much different than OUrs. The strategy we used against Mizzou is likely what we will use against the Gators. Everybody knows about their offense, and Tebow is very good and an awesome person. Defending them is like a cross between Tech and Mizzou. They look to spread you out and isolate their playmakers. No really gets pressure on Tebow, and because he's a dual threat guy, no one really does. OUr D-Line will be the best he has faced, yes, the best. Bama's was big, but not agile enough to stay with him. He was forced to throw more often against them. Look for BV to get pressure with Lewis or Clayton. Their O-Line has some holes, but because Tebow is Tebow, they are sometimes disguised. I don't know where the blow out talk is coming, but that won't happen here. Personnel-wise, these teams are virtual mirror images of each other. Good game-yes, blow out-ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
?!?!?

NOVSooner
12/7/2008, 10:14 AM
All the way up to today I was saying we'd lose to Florida if we played them.

I hope it's not just emotion, but I like our chacnes against them right now.

I know they played the #1 team in the country, but they looked "beatable".

i was thinking the same thing. being from mississippi i get to see and hear a lot about florida (and bama, too) and personally, what i saw yesterday, despite the loss alabama would present much more of a problem to us. now i'm not saying we won't have our hands full and i think our own fans saying we'd blow florida out is a bit "out there" but alabama is a much more physical team than florida, florida just made a couple more plays than bama. i was watching thinking, "man i sure hope we'd get to play florida instead of bama" just b/c we wouldn't have played a more physical than bama, but let's let everyone give OU no chance to win it and prepare like never before!

1890MilesToNorman
12/7/2008, 10:21 AM
Next time I get a dog for a pet I'm going to name him Under, he should be the best motivated pet I ever had. "Under Dog" is Sooners best friend.

leavingthezoo
12/7/2008, 10:25 AM
I personally think the talking heads HAVE to build this up as a "no shot" OU team. Florida has to be the God of football. If Florida wins, it just proves the rhetoric. When OU wins (and I do believe OU will win, possibly quite convincingly) because of the rhetoric, there will be no "split" national championship fall back.

I really think this talk is a good thing for OU when they win. If everyone is in agreement that Florida is THE BEST, OU will have beat THE BEST.

Texas not included. Because, well, Texas sucks.

:D

fadada1
12/7/2008, 10:37 AM
maybe someone should remind UF (apparently they painted the sistene chapel, carved david, and erected the pyramids) and ESPN that they lost at home to an unranked team. while OU lost to the #5 team (head-to-head;) ) on a neutral field.

good lord, this all makes my brain hurt.

East Coast Bias
12/7/2008, 11:03 AM
I believe the announcers got it right last night. Florida is going to have to come up with something to handle our DE's. They will take away Tebow's option move to the edge. They might have a belly play with Harvin up the middle that could give us trouble, but I believe we have to make Tebow not want to run the ball..

MojoRisen
12/7/2008, 11:46 AM
First off, Florida is fast on D but maybe a little soft.. Bama was able to hit them in the mouth up the middle.. I saw the speed they have but they were not getting a lot of penetration kind of playing patty cake and then diving too the play.. Mis Direction could kill them...

If Granger is 100% - I think OU knows how to stop the option... We are just as physical as Bama and are much more potent of an offense... In a big game like this- I want the ball first and hopefully get a stop and a 14 point lead early...

Here's to starting off fast -

StoopTroup
12/7/2008, 11:52 AM
My dog chewed an old tire into the State of Florida this morning.

bluedogok
12/7/2008, 12:00 PM
ESPN sucks. Bradford is going to get shafted in the Heisman race b/c of ESPN and their Tebow and McCoy suckfest.
I'd rather have the crystal than the bronze.

TahoeSOONER
12/7/2008, 12:02 PM
Gresham should have a big game. I believe our defense will be fine if we can contain Tebow from four yard runs and stop anything up the gut. I love this matchup and if we can weather the Fla. surge early, come to play and have fun, then I know this team will win.

I'm sick of this SEC chit.

It's time for #8...BOOMER!

JPNSKER
12/7/2008, 12:24 PM
The talking heads suckled from the teet of Spurrier's fun-n-gun 13 years ago, as well, saying how fast they were and how they would dominate NU's plodding offense. We all know how that ended up..:cool:

I foresee the same ending in OU vs UF this time around as well. While I respect Tebow and their team as a whole, they will not be able to contain OU's running game and Bradford's pinpoint accuracy.

I think it will be a good game, but OU wins by 14.

Congrats on the Big12 championship!!

Flagstaffsooner
12/7/2008, 12:31 PM
http://dixieugadawg.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/granny-says-gators-suck.jpg

RedstickSooner
12/7/2008, 01:13 PM
I think there's plenty to worry about against Florida. First of all, we're not gonna have 10 seconds for receivers to get open. Second, Florida's DBs are gonna be a lot more likely to make the pick when Sam throws into double or triple coverage.

Third, because our offense likes to move things so fast, if we get stopped a bit, we take almost no time off the clock, spend almost no time on the field on offense, and don't get a chance to hit our stride -- so a good defense which shuts us down early could really hurt us. Fourth, it's very difficult to tell just how good our offense truly is, because we still don't really know how lousy big 12 defenses are this season compared to everyone else. When you play a crappy defense, you look like an offensive genius. When you play a great defensive team, not so much.

We'll need BV to keep up his new-found ability to run an aggressive defense, and we'll need a nice scheme to contain Tebow. We can't let the middle of the field open up every play because were covering receivers deep. We also need to make hitting him a focus for the defense -- if he doesn't fear the licks he'll take if he runs, he's going to be running all damned game.

This is going to be a very challenging game for us. We can win. That doesn't mean we will.

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2008, 02:08 PM
I think it depends on how well the Sooners keep it under control at the outset. We have come into bowl games unbelievably tight, with the result that the first half doesn't go our way.

If OU is within a TD at halftime, it has a good chance.

Desert Sapper
12/7/2008, 10:32 PM
The biggest challenge will be Tebow's athleticism. OU doesn't do well against good teams with athletic QBs. I see Florida's O as a lot like OSU. Our awesome D-Line had Robinson dead to rights, but he kept getting away. Tebow will do the same thing, only hurt more when he does. Their D is very tough, very disciplined, and very fast. Sam's going to have to make all the right decisions to win this one. One toss into double coverage and it's a pick six. I'm excited about this game, because it is for all the marbles. I'm worried because of the last two times we played for all the marbles. It could help to have every media outlet known to man talking about OU's inability to win a BCS bowl. I'm really hoping for #8 this time around. I think this team has the skills to do it.

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 10:55 PM
My dog chewed an old tire into the State of Florida this morning.

I never shake my State of Florida more than three times after I pee.

pweitkem
12/7/2008, 10:58 PM
The Bama / Florida game was the first time I'd watched either team this year. Everyone was gushing during the game. We had a Tebow drinking game... one drink for every time they said 'Tebow', slam a beer when they say 'put the team on his back'. Only lasted a half hour, would have been out cold by kickoff of the OU game.

As for Florida and their great team... meh. Not concerned.

tbl
12/7/2008, 11:01 PM
Great! I don't want to be favored. I want everyone to talk about how we didn't deserve to be in the Big XII game much less in the BCS game.

Give us more reason to work harder each practice, keep focused on Florida and not the NFL draft.

Remind us about how we aren't a good defense and that the Big XII didn't have any decent defenses this year, just like the PAC10 of old.

Talk about how Tebow is so much better because he runs the ball.

Bring it.

I was going to post something but this pretty much says it. The only thing I'd add is we need to be a 10 point dog and I'd prefer Tebow or McCoy to win the Heisman.

Iam4OUru
12/7/2008, 11:11 PM
The favs haven't fared too well in these games, have they. Not sure the exact numbers.

JLEW1818
12/7/2008, 11:20 PM
Mark May is a piece of ****

SOONERxWife73
12/8/2008, 01:14 PM
i like being underdog, too. all the attention goes to gators while lowly sOOners become prepared to dish out another oklahoma ... whipping.

picasso
12/8/2008, 01:24 PM
On the radio and on various fan boards, all are predicting a Florida win, and many are saying blowout.

That's perfect for us!

UberSooner
12/8/2008, 01:33 PM
We should be underdogs. Our defense has been torched this season for big yards more often than not. Our defense has been especially hurt by mobile quarterbacks who can also pass with some consistency. Our bowl performance in recent years has been teh suck. Florida has the returning heisman winner at quarterback and they have finished strong on both sides of the ball.

Having said all that, I think we're going to crush them in title game. Why, because English is back, Demarco will be on fire and Sam will be snubbed for the Heisman in favor of Colt McWhorn. These guys will not lose, so let it be written, so let it be done.

sooneron
12/8/2008, 01:43 PM
Here's a little idea I got from the Boise St fans...

As a fan of the University of Oklahoma Football Sooners, I relish the moment, no, chance that we have to play the Almighty Florida Gators in the upcoming BCS Championship game. We are truly blessed, no, lucky to be playing in the title tilt. I say this fully realizing that it was probably a computer glitch that got us in. We know that we are outmanned and are going to be outplayed by this far superior squad from Gainesville, (I hear it’s a real garden spot as it is so close to the ocean, as per Gator fans when Stoops was being wooed by their alma mater a few years back).

The Almighty Gators hail from the ever so vaunted Southeastern Conference, a league so talented from top to bottom, that we would be lucky to break the .500 mark were we lucky enough to play in it! They have assistant coaches and trainers that can out run our receivers. They have so much team speed that artificial turf cannot be installed as it would melt at the mere braise with a Southeastern Conference Football player’s foot!

Did I mention that the Almighty Gators have the GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER?
His name is Tim Tebow and from what I gather, he cures cancer in the off-season. He is so good that he doesn’t even need to play well an entire season in order to win the Heisman! That is awesome! If he were to play in the Big 12, he would pass for tens of thousands of yards. This is because all of the defenses in the Big (poor choice for the conf name guys) 12 tackle like streamers being jettisoned off a cruise ship. He has the fire of 10,000 BBQ pits residing deep within his heart. He will show it, a lot. And again, and again, especially if the camera is on him.

Let me end this by saying that we Sooners can only hope that our team doesn’t look too foolish out there against the Almighty Gators and hope that none of our players lose any limbs to the atrociously fierce Gator Defense.

Signed,
A Sooner Fan

Feel free to use it

oupride
12/8/2008, 01:59 PM
Great!

busynothings
12/8/2008, 02:11 PM
I like it better when we're the supposed underdogs. It makes us fight harder. We always play better when we have something to prove, and we have A LOT to prove this year.

boomermagic
12/8/2008, 02:14 PM
We will not only beat florida we will whip them like a rented mule.. They have never seen an offense like we have.. I can't believe so many people think we will lose..
We should be the favorites but I agree, I want them to keep thinking we don't have a chance.. We will score over 40 and florida will NOT score 30.. Mark it down now... This is PERFECT...

Wishboned
12/8/2008, 02:19 PM
I've always wanted to fight a desperate battle against incredible odds.

bri
12/8/2008, 02:24 PM
So you're saying the no-huddle is our Death Blossom?

Soonersince57
12/8/2008, 02:37 PM
Did I mention that the Almighty Gators have the GREATEST FOOTBALL PLAYER EVER?
His name is Tim Tebow and from what I gather, he cures cancer in the off-season. He is so good that he doesn’t even need to play well an entire season in order to win the Heisman! That is awesome! If he were to play in the Big 12, he would pass for tens of thousands of yards. This is because all of the defenses in the Big (poor choice for the conf name guys) 12 tackle like streamers being jettisoned off a cruise ship. He has the fire of 10,000 BBQ pits residing deep within his heart. He will show it, a lot. And again, and again, especially if the camera is on him.

Plus he believe in God too.

Fraggle145
12/8/2008, 03:09 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcZ91SVKPC8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcZ91SVKPC8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wishboned
12/8/2008, 03:29 PM
So you're saying the no-huddle is our Death Blossom?

That it is.

Jason White's Third Knee
12/8/2008, 04:18 PM
Being in Tampa and watching FLA all season, OU can beat this team. They have VERY young DBs, and their D-Line is nothing to write home about. They have one good LB, Spikes, and he's very good. I guarantee Sam doesn't get touched during this game. FLA fans bemoan the fact that they don't get to the QB near enough. If we keep it balanced, we rip through their D. Their special teams are REALLY good; however, their playmakers on specials are not much different than OUrs. The strategy we used against Mizzou is likely what we will use against the Gators. Everybody knows about their offense, and Tebow is very good and an awesome person. Defending them is like a cross between Tech and Mizzou. They look to spread you out and isolate their playmakers. No really gets pressure on Tebow, and because he's a dual threat guy, no one really does. OUr D-Line will be the best he has faced, yes, the best. Bama's was big, but not agile enough to stay with him. He was forced to throw more often against them. Look for BV to get pressure with Lewis or Clayton. Their O-Line has some holes, but because Tebow is Tebow, they are sometimes disguised. I don't know where the blow out talk is coming, but that won't happen here. Personnel-wise, these teams are virtual mirror images of each other. Good game-yes, blow out-ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
?!?!?

Pfft! Don't you know?

DOOM!

bri
12/8/2008, 05:47 PM
I think we should just try and enjoy these last precious days before our complete and utter annihilation at the hands of Florida. Make every moment count, guys.

Desert Sapper
12/8/2008, 09:38 PM
Doesn't anybody realize that our pathetic gimmick offense and joke of a defense has to take on a team that, for all intents and purposes, could win a Super Bowl if they were allowed to? I mean, c'mon, Tebow shoots fire from his eyes and craps lightning out of his ***. He's received special annointing from Jesus Himself and God is considering adoption. We stand about the same chance that Hiroshima did once the Enola Gay dropped her payload. I really just hope there are a few Sooners left alive after the dust settles in Miami so we can rebuild our football team in memory of the fallen.

insuranceman_22
12/8/2008, 09:48 PM
It sort of feels like early August, we've got a way to go before the game and I'm so ready for it to get here. Anticipation is high, the Sooner locker room will come together with the" us against the world" mentality.......it was there against Mizzou to a degree. Florida is a very, very good team, but OU is on their level, if the attitude and desire is as strong as I think it is, we'll compete "in a good way!"

Boomer Mooner
12/8/2008, 10:09 PM
We are SCREWED. Haven't you heard, they are a "Band of Brothers".

Oh wait a minute, we aren't playing army; we're playing big boy football! We are going to kick their asses!

bri
12/8/2008, 10:33 PM
It's almost like every other poster gets the idea, and then the rest are all hilariously earnest.

God, I love this place.

josh09
12/8/2008, 10:42 PM

Exactly, because last time we were actually FAVORED in a national title game, it didnt turn out too well....but i wouldnt know, i erased that day from my memory :D

Red October
12/9/2008, 12:16 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcZ91SVKPC8&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zcZ91SVKPC8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Wow, that makes the hair on the back of my neck to stand up to watch that... Torrance looks Pissed and weinke looks scared. Good times...

olevetonahill
12/9/2008, 12:43 AM
Dudes and dudetts
I dont give a flying rat**** whos Favored , what has Happened in previous Bowl games ad Nausium.
Bob will Have this team ready to Play. When we win Great . But if we Lose . so what we made it there again :rolleyes:

stoopified
12/9/2008, 01:02 AM
Looking at things objectively,the rest of the world is right,we are doomed.I mean just look at each teams quality of wins,losses:

UF-#1 Bama w
#15 Georgia w
#25 Ole Miss l

OU-#3 Texas l
#7 Texas Tech w
#11 TCU w
#12 Cincinatti w
#13 OSU w
#21 Missouri w

Looking at what each team has done this year it is CLEAR OU has no chance at all.

JLEW1818
12/9/2008, 01:24 AM
Wow, that makes the hair on the back of my neck to stand up to watch that... Torrance looks Pissed and weinke looks scared. Good times...

Glad you posted that!!!

hyoctane23
12/9/2008, 10:26 AM
Looking at things objectively,the rest of the world is right,we are doomed.I mean just look at each teams quality of wins,losses:

UF-#1 Bama w
#15 Georgia w
#25 Ole Miss l

OU-#3 Texas l
#7 Texas Tech w
#11 TCU w
#12 Cincinatti w
#13 OSU w
#21 Missouri w

Looking at what each team has done this year it is CLEAR OU has no chance at all.

Quite a resume I must say. It still amazes me, especially after looking at that video, just how ENORMOUS these guys are on the field.

Howzit
12/9/2008, 10:55 AM
Knowing we are going to have to play The University of Florida, I am going to enjoy every sammich.

primetime43
12/9/2008, 11:00 AM
Didn't you guys know that 3 wins against the sec top 25 teams is a way better feat than anything OU could do. I don't even know why Bob and the boys are going to play this game.

soonermagic14
12/9/2008, 11:36 AM
Florida may have the edge in defense.... but look at some of the opponents offense scoring rankings and compare. Tell me what defense faced a difficult schedule?

OU vs - TECH 4th
texass 5th
Mizz 6th
OK st 8th
Neb 18th
TCU 20th
K state 21st
KU 27th (tied with FSU)

Florida vs- FSU 27
Georgia 29
Bama 30th
Ole Miss 32nd (and got beat at home)
LSU 35th
Miami 47th
Hawaii 68th
The Citadel (not ranked)

Crap. Give OU those opponents this year and that means OUr offense has more time of possession. Bradford and company would average 80 a game.

MrJimBeam
12/9/2008, 12:04 PM
Florida = Tulsa Union
OKLA = Dibble

DOOMED!!!

swardboy
12/9/2008, 01:02 PM
Now I"m hearing that UF is fast!!!! We are most certainly

DOOOOOMED.

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2008, 01:13 PM
There are rumors that Percy Harvin may play.

It's over.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/9/2008, 01:15 PM
I think there's plenty to worry about against Florida. First of all, we're not gonna have 10 seconds for receivers to get open.
Sam is "hurt," lol, and so is Manny. Manny, Sam, and Murray will all be healthier come January. Of course Sam's injury has nothing to do with his eyes taking time to find an open receiver, but I believe we can rely on the run and DM in the slot to open up receivers down field later in the game. On the flip side, Florida played without Percy Harvin last week. He is not nearly as explosive as Murray, in my extremely biased view. (Murray is my favorite player.) Also, our receivers are veterans/seniors. Expect them to play the game of their lives.

Second, Florida's DBs are gonna be a lot more likely to make the pick when Sam throws into double or triple coverage.
Agreed. I've seen Sam make some ill-advised throws. When in doubt, throw it away or take off running (and slide down). Sam isn't going to win the game with his feet, but give Florida some of their own medicine...

Third, because our offense likes to move things so fast, if we get stopped a bit, we take almost no time off the clock, spend almost no time on the field on offense, and don't get a chance to hit our stride -- so a good defense which shuts us down early could really hurt us.
We started off "slow" vs Oklahoma State. We were able get past that play by play-completion by completion. Sam showed leadership with those methodical long drives. I definitely think the no huddle hurts our defense, but I'll take the bad with the good. Our defense will be fired up, guaranteed after Tebow's, "I can't wait to play a Big XII defense." Don't be fooled, being fired up doesn't mean they will be Tommie Harris. Just expect us to be playing for respect, playing smart, disciplined, attack football.

Fourth, it's very difficult to tell just how good our offense truly is, because we still don't really know how lousy big 12 defenses are this season compared to everyone else. When you play a crappy defense, you look like an offensive genius. When you play a great defensive team, not so much.

This is retarded. No "average" offense puts up 60 week after week after week after week after week. No "good" offense has these types of weapons at every spot. I'm not completely sold on our offensive line, but no "great" offense has two 1,000 yard rushers, a 3rd stringer RB who has almost half of a thousand yards (463). This offense isn't average, good, or great, they are EXCEPTIONAL. Iglesias averages 15.8 YPC, Gresham averages 15.3 YPC, Manny Johnson averages 18 YPC, Ryan Broyles averages 15.7 YPC, etc. If they don't perform against UF it won't be because the Florida defense, it will be because they tripped over their own feet.

We'll need BV to keep up his new-found ability to run an aggressive defense, and we'll need a nice scheme to contain Tebow. We can't let the middle of the field open up every play because were covering receivers deep. We also need to make hitting him a focus for the defense -- if he doesn't fear the licks he'll take if he runs, he's going to be running all damned game.
Zac Robinson had an AMAZING game vs us. We found a way to stop them when we had to. Although if Tebow has the kind of numbers Robinson had, I think we are in deep sh*t.

This is going to be a very challenging game for us. We can win. That doesn't mean we will.
Agreed. But if Boise, WVU can beat us, then there's definitely a chance for us to take it to the Gators. Remember they lost their bowl last season too, to the joke that is Michigan football.

The Maestro
12/9/2008, 01:17 PM
THIS is FLORIDA! The school that gave us Faye Dunaway, Mel Tillis, JESSE FREAKING PALMER, Bob Vila, Hal Steinbrenner, Wendy Thomas--the actual redheaded burger girl herself! And, last but not least...
http://www.speaking.com/clientimages/clientimages,h/hammonddarrell.jpg
...comedian Darrell Hammond.

We ARE Doomed...and that's not what your mother said last night, Trebek!

meoveryouxinfinity
12/9/2008, 01:24 PM
We are SCREWED. Haven't you heard, they are a "Band of Brothers".

Oh wait a minute, we aren't playing army; we're playing big boy football! We are going to kick their asses!

How many times can you say "band of brothers" in an interview? I got the idea the first time Tim. And the phrase isn't that cool.

1890MilesToNorman
12/9/2008, 01:27 PM
We'll know how crappy the Big XII defenses are well before the NCG, everyone plays before us!

JLEW1818
12/9/2008, 01:28 PM
We'll know how crappy the Big XII defenses are well before the NCG, everyone plays before us!

That is actually a very good point. I'm interested so see how Ole miss reacts to Texas Tech, in the cotton bowl.

meoveryouxinfinity
12/9/2008, 01:33 PM
That is actually a very good point. I'm interested so see how Ole miss reacts to Texas Tech, in the cotton bowl.

Are Harrell/ Crabtree playing?

If not, it's a completely different team.

bri
12/9/2008, 02:41 PM
Now I"m hearing that UF is fast!!!! We are most certainly

DOOOOOMED.

God, I hope they're not lifting weights. If they are, we're f*cked.

ruf/nekdad
12/9/2008, 03:22 PM
Run Away! Run Away!

bri
12/9/2008, 03:26 PM
Tim Tebow is gonna slice through our defense like it's a third-world infant's foreskin.

MALE918
12/9/2008, 03:54 PM
urban meyer is not a stupid man. he can coach and he can evaluate talent. he will look at game film and quickly understand where his team sits. he will try and win this game with special teams. mark that.

bri
12/9/2008, 04:09 PM
Holy sh*t, you mean a coach is gonna watch film of our games, isolate a weakness and attack it? That almost NEVER happens! WHY DIDN'T ANY OF US EVER THINK OF THAT?!?

Thank you, Internet Coaching Guru!

BoulderSooner79
12/9/2008, 04:14 PM
Urban Meyer is not a stupid man - he is a female impersonator.

Oops, wrong thread.

Howzit
12/9/2008, 04:32 PM
urban meyer is not a stupid man. he can coach and he can evaluate talent. he will look at game film and quickly understand where his team sits. he will try and win this game with special teams. mark that.

I am going to email this whole "evaluate talent" concept to Coach Stoops. My God, I hope it's not too late.

Desert Sapper
12/9/2008, 05:41 PM
Urban Meyer is named for a Pope, and Tim Tebow is the second coming. We may as well forfeit now and start preparing for next season.

Soonersince57
12/9/2008, 05:43 PM
Urban Meyer is not a stupid man - he is a female impersonator.

Oops, wrong thread.

You weren't supposed to tell. :D

GPANDFF
12/9/2008, 06:11 PM

He needs to be more than pi$$ed. He needs to be good. If he was pi$$ed after losing to f'ing Boise it didn't show in the rugbeating WVA administered. He was basically lampooned after Boise and it didn't help. This is a watershed moment for him. He needs to make sure the assistants are dialed in and let BV take a month off while he (Bob) sets the "D".

BIG JOHN 5665
12/9/2008, 06:21 PM
I agree with Iron Horse Sooner on his assessment of the Gators. I've seen all of their games this season and have been to 2 (L$U & Kentucky...).
Real young, but athletic, DB's.
Very good Linebackers. Lots of blitzing from the Georgia game on...
Good D line.
Very good O line.
Good receivers/running backs without Percy. With Percy, outstanding.
Tebow is very under rated as a thrower, and probably over hyped as a runner. Basically he likes to run when he see's the opportunity, and he is very physical.
Special teams are very good, but hasnt been as spectacular late in the season. Probably other teams adjusting.
I've watched a few OU games this season and I have been very impressed by them. Sam Bradford is awesome, as is the whole team.
I dont see a blowout by anybody, though both teams are very capable if the other is having a bad night.
BTW, I'm a big Gator fan, but I'm also a big Sooner fan having lived in Tulsa from '80 to '88. I really loved the Sooner wins over the Nole$ in the early '80's and in the MNC game in 2000.
Good luck fellows...

GPANDFF
12/9/2008, 06:23 PM

UF-#1 Bama w
#15 Georgia w
#25 Ole Miss l

OU-#3 Texas l
#7 Texas Tech w
#11 TCU w
#12 Cincinatti w
#13 OSU w
#21 Missouri w

This is what is crazy here. You hate the media for supposedly snubbing OU but they are the reason you are in the NCG because they love the Big 12. Outside Texas, are any of those teams truly equal to their rank? Tech's ranking is outrageous. If you lose by 40+ to anyone, you need to be in the 2nd ten at a minimum (they had a nice upset, beat a so so OSU at home anf got pimpslapped by OU). Both Tech and OU exposed OSU for what they are which is fringe top 25).

Sand Aggie is definitely the biggest fraud of the bunch.

SPuL
12/9/2008, 11:20 PM
I'm sure a lot of you said it already but I like this. Sure, it'll be aggravating as hell listening to everyone put us down, say that Texas deserves it more, that we haven't faced a good defense, etc.

But you saw what happened recently when you **** Bob Stoops off. The OU defense and Bret Venerables heard it constantly during those 2 weeks leading up to Tech game. NO WAY they could stop the UNSTOPPABLE Tech Offense. Then we all know what happened.

Then I believe same thing happened in the Missouri game. Bob Stoops was obviously angry in his post game. And Sam seemed a bit ticked off too.

Pissing off bob Stoops will only be hurtful to the gators.

Remember in 2003, an 2004. A lot of people favored us, and we heard great praise all around. I'm not so sure about after the big 12 title loss. But before that I recall being called one of the greatest teams EVER. Then in 2004 I remember Corso picking us to win and others.

so I see this as a positive.

Damn, this is like my first post too. GO SOONERS!! :D