PDA

View Full Version : How To Prepare for the Florida Attack?

Soonermagik
12/7/2008, 01:45 AM
I'm praying that our coaches have the sense to have a secondary offense run the Florida offense against our D.

What I'm saying is, have the secondary offense line up in the same formations: toss options, tebow scrambles, Harvin reverse plays, quick slants etc.. This way when our D will have seen it for over a month and will know what works and what doesn't. Obviously, this offense wouldn't be as fast, but they would have a general idea of the attack style.

This is the biggest game in Bob's history, and I hope they prepare for it that way.

Oh... and no one goes near a Burlington Coat Factory. ;) :D

DangTire
12/7/2008, 02:07 AM
There's really not a whole lot they can do at this point. The defense won't match up with their offense. As long as the OU offense doesn't take a TU like ******, it might not be a problem though.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2008, 02:20 AM
DangTire, that's the closest you've ever come to saying "maybe we're not doomed". Getting into the holiday spirit? :)

I have to agree that most the stuff I saw UF do today would work against our D too. And they'll have Harvin back and be even more dangerous. The real wildcard in my mind is the Gator defense. On paper, they look very good but they play against offenses that emphasize ball control and field position. They probably will be the best defense we've seen. But Bama was pretty successful for 3 qtrs and have a very vanilla offense.

tulsaoilerfan
12/7/2008, 02:21 AM
DangTire, that's the closest you've ever come to saying "maybe we're not doomed". Getting into the holiday spirit? :)

I have to agree that most the stuff I saw UF do today would work against our D too. And they'll have Harvin back and be even more dangerous. The real wildcard in my mind is the Gator defense. On paper, they look very good but they play against offenses that emphasize ball control and field position. They probably will be the best defense we've seen. But Bama was pretty successful for 3 qtrs and have a very vanilla offense.

Harvin may be back, but will he be 100%? Those high ankle sprains are a bitch to heal

Okie35
12/7/2008, 02:25 AM
they run a spread offense w/ different formations really... i mean its nothing too new...