PDA

View Full Version : colt mccoy will probably win the heisman

PDXsooner
12/7/2008, 01:30 AM
...and if he does, it's well-deserved. I have a feeling there will be some empathy votes for him to make up for the fact that OU won the tie-breaker. And if he does win it, kudos to Colt. He's a great player, and seems like a great kid.

I have no problem with him winning it. I'd rather see Sam have a shot at the National Title.

sooner94
12/7/2008, 01:33 AM
Better than Tebow IMO. Colt did make a lot of plays and complete a high % of passes.

I think Sammy is the best QB, of course I am biased.

sooner518
12/7/2008, 01:35 AM
1. Sam
2. Colt

I would have no indignation if Colt won the Heisman. He's certainly deserving

Tebow can bite me. No way in hell he deserves to win this year.

Wishboned
12/7/2008, 01:39 AM
1. Sam
2. Colt

I would have no indignation if Colt won the Heisman. He's certainly deserving

Tebow can bite me. No way in hell he deserves to win this year.

But he carried the entire Florida team to a victory in the SEC championship game!!

Then afterwards he carried them back to Gainesville.

In the morning he's going to carry them to IHOP for breakfast, and if there's time he's going to carry them to the park.

sooner94
12/7/2008, 01:43 AM
I just hope they have him run the ball 10 times against us.

PDXsooner
12/7/2008, 01:45 AM
yeah, the only thing that could impede colt's chances is the circle jerk around tebow right now. you can't go wrong with tebow, sam, or colt IMO. we'll see, but I expect Colt to benefit from some sympathy votes.

If I were Sam, I'd much rather hold the crystal ball, though.

Desert Sapper
12/7/2008, 01:51 AM
Not that I don't think he deserves it, but I really don't want him to win. If you go by the numbers, Sam deserves to win, and the Heisman voters owe us after not giving it to AD as a freshman.

yermom
12/7/2008, 02:29 AM
i still think JW had the best season in 2004

either of JW or AD would have won if they weren't stealing votes from the other

and in the same vein, i think that Tebow is my favorite at this point. Bradford, McCoy and Harrell are going to split a lot of votes, i think

McCoy seems to be the popular pick at this point. especially since Bradford didn't toss a lot of TDs tonight

of course, looking at 48 TDs vs 6 picks is just staggering 4400+ yards ain't bad either

IBleedCrimson
12/7/2008, 02:32 AM
as long as tebola virus
Doesn't get it

Knippz
12/7/2008, 02:34 AM
Bradford's got it locked.

aurorasooner
12/7/2008, 03:03 AM
Heh. Now the press is blowing Tebow. I StG there should be a moratorium on the press during the whole last week of the Heisman voting with all them just StFU and letting the voters make up their own minds. I can't even go to a national website to read about today's games w/o one of them trying to put their own stamp on the Heisman voting. Quit it you ^*&()0-_(**& BS artists and write about the positives of each. They're all damned good players. All of you don't have to be Corso clones. sheesh.
Matt Hayes
Profile | Archive | E-mail Hayes

Tebow seals Heisman Trophy with SEC title game performance
Email this article E-MAIL
Sporting News

ATLANTA -- What we learned from Florida's 31-20 victory over Alabama in the SEC Championship game -- other than, yes, a couple of teams do play defense in big games:

1. Ladies and gentlemen, your Heisman Trophy winner is Tim Tebow
Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford will be in New York City next weekend as a Heisman finalist. So will Texas quarterback Colt McCoy and Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell.