PDA

View Full Version : Stoops Legacy On The Line.................

Soonermagik
12/7/2008, 01:27 AM
If he can beat Florida then he will have erased the bowl loses in my mind.:)

To go to 4 title games and win 2 of them is amazing in under 10 years. Plus, he will have 6 big 12 championships and countless 10+ winning seasons!!! However, if we lose this game we will be the laughing stock of college football.

Texas fans will say they would have won it, OU can't win a bowl game to save their lives etc..

Right now, Stoops legacy is on the line, and I'll be there in Miami to watch it unfold. Here is hoping for #8. :D :D Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoonerEmpire
12/7/2008, 01:34 AM
While I agree that it wouldn't be good for our national reputation if we lose the NC game, given our recent history in bowl games, but I still hope that OU fans can still appreciate what it takes, and the success and hard work that it takes to even be there to begin with. Stoops has been here 10 seasons, and this will be our 4th time playing for it all. Win or lose, I hope we all appreciate that accomplishment.

the_ouskull
12/7/2008, 01:35 AM
This is as close to a "must-win" game as a national championship game can possibly be. This is, without a doubt, the biggest game of Stoops' career, and it could be the beginning of the end if his team shows up to play the way that they have in bowl games the past few years...

the_ouskull

TMcGee86
12/7/2008, 01:37 AM
Texas fans will whine no matter what, but theres no question he had better be competitive in this game.

However, I think a month of hearing how unbelievable Florida is, coupled with talk of how Texas or USC should really be there and not us is going to have a very very good impact on Bob and the Sooners.

I love us as an underdog. I have always hated us as a huge favorite.

birddog
12/7/2008, 01:38 AM
This is as close to a "must-win" game as a national championship game can possibly be. This is, without a doubt, the biggest game of Stoops' career, and it could be the beginning of the end if his team shows up to play the way that they have in bowl games the past few years...

the_ouskull

without a doubt. and to compound the pressure they'll be under, it's a month from kickoff. lots of time to think about it.

Soonermagik
12/7/2008, 01:40 AM

the_ouskull

Agreed!!!! If we pull another Orange Bowl performance like 4 years ago and Florida puts up 50+ I'm sure some heads will roll.

However, I don't know if any of our current players were on that Orange Bowl team. This is a different monster, and they only have to win one more game to get #8.

En_Fuego
12/7/2008, 01:40 AM
This program goes back years..........there is no "Hell" if we dont win. The way they have been playing..............We Will Win..!!

DangTire
12/7/2008, 02:09 AM
While I agree that it wouldn't be good for our national reputation if we lose the NC game, given our recent history in bowl games, but I still hope that OU fans can still appreciate what it takes, and the success and hard work that it takes to even be there to begin with. Stoops has been here 10 seasons, and this will be our 4th time playing for it all. Win or lose, I hope we all appreciate that accomplishment.

Are you from Buffalo?

DangTire
12/7/2008, 02:12 AM
Agreed!!!! If we pull another Orange Bowl performance like 4 years ago and Florida puts up 50+ I'm sure some heads will roll.

However, I don't know if any of our current players were on that Orange Bowl team. This is a different monster, and they only have to win one more game to get #8.

Florida will put up 50 on this D. But OU might get 60 on theirs. The offense is clicking on all cylinders at the moment but if they come out looking like they haven't practiced again heads will HAVE to roll.

Indy Sooner
12/7/2008, 02:20 AM
Florida will put up 50 on this D. But OU might get 60 on theirs. The offense is clicking on all cylinders at the moment but if they come out looking like they haven't practiced again heads will HAVE to roll.

A lot of truth in your post... can't wait to see the over/under.

SoonerEmpire
12/7/2008, 02:40 AM
Are you from Buffalo?

I'm not sure what the relevance concerning where I'm from is, as compared to the success that Stoops and OU have had in the last 10 seasons, that only a very small handful of coaches/teams have been able to match or better. :rolleyes:

But to answer your question, I'm from Oklahoma - born and raised. Still live here, and I'm damn proud of it!

Okie35
12/7/2008, 02:44 AM
If he can beat Florida then he will have erased the bowl loses in my mind.:)

To go to 4 title games and win 2 of them is amazing in under 10 years. Plus, he will have 6 big 12 championships and countless 10+ winning seasons!!! However, if we lose this game we will be the laughing stock of college football.

Texas fans will say they would have won it, OU can't win a bowl game to save their lives etc..

Right now, Stoops legacy is on the line, and I'll be there in Miami to watch it unfold. Here is hoping for #8. :D :D Boomer Sooner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

not if they lose their bowl game against most likely ohio state

misplaced_sooner
12/7/2008, 02:49 AM

That equals a National Championship by my math...

Crucifax Autumn
12/7/2008, 02:55 AM
I doubt the gaybators will score more than 20 or so.