PDA

View Full Version : Wow, Randy Christal's crew tonight.

aurorasooner
12/7/2008, 01:16 AM
No Christmas bonus for them from Longhorn's Inc. Overall I thought it was a pretty fairly officiated game and they did a good job. IMO, the Missouri guys were talkin' cheet, and giving us the business to try and get our guys to respond and lose concentration, and it worked until Bob put down the law. Christal's crew did a good job of clamping down on all jawing and that was a very good meeting when they had that huddle in the middle of the field and (I'm assuming) told both teams to knock it off or there was going to be some ejections.

rainiersooner
12/7/2008, 02:13 AM
Yeah, I thought it was one of the better officiated games I've seen for us in a while...other than the heinous pass interference call on Jackson.

ArkanSooner
12/7/2008, 03:05 AM
I agree. I cringed when I saw that crew was calling the game, but they could've done a lot worse.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2008, 03:18 AM
Yep, that PI call on Jackson was the only call that stood out. The other call I thought was wrong was I thought Maclin did have a catch in the endzone. He hit the ground and bounced and still had the ball and then just let it go afterward. But they scored 2 plays later anyway and couldn't say it was a terrible call. I did think that throwing a couple of taunting flags early and lecturing both teams was a good idea as things were getting very chippy.

stoopified
12/7/2008, 09:14 AM
All officiating is OK when you win 62-21

TheHumanAlphabet
12/7/2008, 09:15 AM
"Personal foul - 15 yards...He was giving him the business..."

IronHorseSooner
12/7/2008, 09:33 AM
As critical as I have been about Christal and the Austin mafia, he did a really good job on this. He could have been an @$$hat, but he wasn't. The PI penalty was bad, but every crew has a blown call or two every game, even the good ones. Man, defending and complimenting Christal, I need a shower now.