PDA

View Full Version : Sweet, and so it begins...

TMcGee86
12/7/2008, 01:05 AM
Mark May already saying we have never seen a defense like the one we will face in Florida.

I am going to looooove a month of hearing how awesome florida is and how horrible we are and how we shouldn't be there.

Finally, we go to a BCS game as an underdog.

If this keeps up, I like our chances.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/7/2008, 01:06 AM
Ahh, sweet memories of Florida State 2000.

DrZaius
12/7/2008, 01:07 AM
Apparently ESPN has Myer/Tebow semen on tap for all of them to enjoy.

I personally will stick with beer.

sooner518
12/7/2008, 01:11 AM
here we go, Mark May versus Lou Holtz yelling at each other over who deserves the Heisman.

Lord help us

TexasEx4OU
12/7/2008, 01:13 AM
Gawd. Final Verdict = Ghey.

TMcGee86
12/7/2008, 01:15 AM
yeah this is seriously one of the worst ideas espn has ever had.

right up there with "who's now"

just massive amounts of ghey

ouwasp
12/7/2008, 01:21 AM
okay, the name escapes me, but over the last couple of hours of hopping between ESPN News, ESPN, ESPN 2, etc, I saw someone on ESPN News I think saying the same thing regarding our O; that FLA won't have seen anything like it...

soonermeteor
12/7/2008, 01:38 AM
We were doubted against both TT and Pokie, and the media tried their best to infect us with the upset bug in this game. We do better as the underdog.

cheezyq
12/7/2008, 01:51 AM
Mark May already saying we have never seen a defense like the one we will face in Florida.

I am going to looooove a month of hearing how awesome florida is and how horrible we are and how we shouldn't be there.

Finally, we go to a BCS game as an underdog.

If this keeps up, I like our chances.

Apparently he didn't see that TCU has the #2 defense in the country, and that we scored 35 on them in the 1st half.

Jmorales22
12/7/2008, 02:34 AM
I really think despite their name and the league they play in, that TCU is one of the best defenses in the country. They are probably better than Texas defensively....we ran more plays against their d than we did against tejas and we were at home... so Florida's d shouldn't be any better than that. The question is how well our d plays.

Okie35
12/7/2008, 02:42 AM
I really think despite their name and the league they play in, that TCU is one of the best defenses in the country. They are probably better than Texas defensively....we ran more plays against their d than we did against tejas and we were at home... so Florida's d shouldn't be any better than that. The question is how well our d plays.

their defense will come out like ok states did in the beginning last week try to switch up the defense all the time but once we get it rolling we will be unstoppable against their defense...

Crucifax Autumn
12/7/2008, 03:09 AM
I can't wait to see us score 60 on that super defense, assuming the Cinci win doesnt give us texass.

kangsta
12/7/2008, 03:22 AM
tcu D better than Texas D? You can't be serious.

swardboy
12/7/2008, 08:47 AM
Our D will be in very good shape in january...will #12 be back at full strength then?

1890MilesToNorman
12/7/2008, 09:01 AM
That old adage "Great Defences win Championships" may be in trouble this year, the new one might be "Prolific Offenses win Championships".

I hope we are 10 point dogs in the MNCG, the bigger dog we are the better we will play.

Great Job last night Sooners!

owenfieldreams
12/7/2008, 09:39 AM
I caught the ESPN NEWS piece & it was Robert Smith, former Viking & Ohio State RB who said that Florida had never seen anything like our O.

His comments were very interesting. He pointed out that Florida starts a soph. & true freshman @ CB. Said that they will need to get their D-line healthy for the NC game.

He pointed out that Tebow is a power runner, not elusive like QB's we've faced & he specifically referenced Zac Robinson.He went on to say that we had faced several O's that have schemes like Florida's & he specifically pointed to Mizzou as having a similar scheme. The co-host asked him if he wasn't favoring OU because we were the last team he'd seen on TV & he said no, he'd watched both Florida & OU all year & he thinks we'll win the game.

I have always thought he was one of the more intelligent ESPN talking heads & I think his points were well taken.

IronHorseSooner
12/7/2008, 09:40 AM
Like I said in another post, OUr Offense will rip their D. They have young DBs, it is just no one in the SEC is good enough to get them. Ole Miss had the guys to do it, and I'm sorry Gators, WE'RE NOT OLE MISS!!!!!

SoonerEmpire
12/7/2008, 01:48 PM
Mark May = Epic Fail!

DenverSooner751
12/7/2008, 02:03 PM
Mark May is the biggest ****** of them all IMO.

I remember when he was blowing rainbows up Miami's @$$, and then it was USC, and then it was LSU/anything from the SEC.

Par for the course with him I guess.

DenverSooner751
12/7/2008, 02:09 PM
Mark May is the biggest ****** of them all IMO.

I remember when he was blowing rainbows up Miami's @$$, and then it was USC, and then it was LSU/anything from the SEC.

Par for the course with him I guess.

tbl
12/7/2008, 03:55 PM
I hope we're a double digit dog to Florida...