PDA

View Full Version : We just got ripped on ESPNU....

boomersooner28
12/7/2008, 12:57 AM
for having Sam in late and throwing the football up 55-21. Am I wrong or did we hand the ball off at the 40 and they couldn't tackle OUr third team running back?!??1?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!1?

**** ALL YOU MOTHER****ERS!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

We could beat Florida by 30 and you stupid mother****ers would say we cheated to do it. We can't ****ing win. **** EM ALL! :mad: :mad: :mad:

The Preach Man
12/7/2008, 12:59 AM
see my 'I dont care anymore' thread.

sooner518
12/7/2008, 01:00 AM
good news is that nobody even gets ESPNU and even if they did, they would quickly change the channel from those bush-league wannabe Sportscenter anchors

SoonerMom2
12/7/2008, 01:33 AM
We had Musburger talking that we had to score in the 60's to make sure we got to the National Championship game and these morons saying we ran up the score. After the smack talked by Daniels and TX, I wouldn't have minded a 100!

rainiersooner
12/7/2008, 01:38 AM
We had Musburger talking that we had to score in the 60's to make sure we got to the National Championship game and these morons saying we ran up the score. After the smack talked by Daniels and TX, I wouldn't have minded a 100!

I agree. Well said.

Stitch Face
12/7/2008, 02:22 AM
I had the feeling when the game started that Bob's attitude was "so we've been running up the score? Well, suck this..."

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2008, 02:27 AM
Bob and KW clearly went to a heavy run attack after half time and was draining the play clock on almost every play to shorten the game. Mizzou put 14 on the board, so OU needed to respond at least some to avoid a come back. I mean, this was a championship game and they were not playing Chatty.

MissouriSooner
12/7/2008, 02:46 AM
The entire ESPN/ABC crew - with one glaring exception - is in lockstep on every issue that arises in college football. If they decide Florida deserves to be in the MNC game and OU doesn't, or if they decide that Colt McCoy deserves the Heisman and Sam doesn't, every one of the talking heads parrots the party line, no matter how asinine or inconsistent the proposition might be. The glaring exception? Dr. Lou. He is sometimes wrong, but not afraid to state his position and support it with a fairly cogent argument. He's a crazy old phart, but at least he does his own thinking and doesn't drink the party Kool-Aid.

Crucifax Autumn
12/7/2008, 02:57 AM
I was just thinking as I read this how mushburger and herbie seemed to be cheering for us to hit 60 at the end and seemingly acting as though if we didn't it would be disappointing.

SoonerNerd
12/7/2008, 03:49 AM
This is why I don't watch espnUT

SoonerDood
12/7/2008, 04:06 AM
I was just thinking as I read this how mushburger and herbie seemed to be cheering for us to hit 60 at the end and seemingly acting as though if we didn't it would be disappointing.

I took it that way as well. Shoot, I would've been disappointed if we didn't hit 60.:D

Suppressor
12/7/2008, 04:13 AM
Except for a few instances, I feel that Musberger and Herbie actually did a decent job of keeping the politics out of their announcing. I was happy to not have to hear the "Texas should be here tonight" bs I was expecting.

aurorasooner
12/7/2008, 04:25 AM
The entire ESPN/ABC crew - with one glaring exception - is in lockstep on every issue that arises in college football. If they decide Florida deserves to be in the MNC game and OU doesn't, or if they decide that Colt McCoy deserves the Heisman and Sam doesn't, every one of the talking heads parrots the party line, no matter how asinine or inconsistent the proposition might be. The glaring exception? Dr. Lou. He is sometimes wrong, but not afraid to state his position and support it with a fairly cogent argument. He's a crazy old phart, but at least he does his own thinking and doesn't drink the party Kool-Aid. I said basically the same thing last week. Every one of ESPiN's sports reporters toe the company line except Lou because they're all scared of getting Trev'ed, and Lou doesn't give a cheet as he's set.
Today was a pretty good day for us on ESPiN/ABC compared to what it could've been, with MOTS as they did in the OSU game. I didn't give Herby or Musberger a chance in hell of being 'classy' throughout the whole game but they did, probably as a "company-line' called from the top along with some lobbying by Beebe.
ESPN/ABC are clearly in control of CFB with CBS a distant 2nd and Fox taking the loser leftovers all year , as well as losing their BCS contract. With Fox's regional networks they could've become a real player in telecasting CFB but for some reason didn't or wouldn't compete. There's no question imo, that there's a ESPiN company line that's being scripted from the top and followed by their talking heads, and that's not good for CFB, imo.

StoopTroup
12/7/2008, 04:30 AM
Colt should get the Heisman.

He did a great job Coaching Chase Daniels.

Chase really ripped us a new one.

salth2o
12/7/2008, 09:29 AM
I had the feeling when the game started that Bob's attitude was "so we've been running up the score? Well, suck this..."

Now that right there is sig. worthy!

Okla-homey
12/7/2008, 09:34 AM

I distinctly remember Mushburger gravely commenting that Daniels would be doing his friend McCoy a favor if he could help deny the Sooners their historic fifth 60 point game.

stoopified
12/7/2008, 09:50 AM
If you think that was bad you should have seen Gottfried(the one doing the hating) on the show after last weeks BCS jumped OU over the Puke Orange Cows.The man was literally livid,as if PERSONALLY angered and offended.He was so mad he could hardly talk.About all he kept muttering was something about head.I personally think he needs some,maybe he wouldn't be so bitter.

I think his bitterness extends back to when he coached KU to a 15-18-1 record,losing to OU 45-14,48-6.He did win in 1984 when Danny Bradley was hurt and Switzer inexplicably passed over the #2 QB and started a redshirtting frosh named Aikman.Aikman went something like 2-12 with a couple of picks and KU won 28-11.

OU-HSV
12/7/2008, 09:58 AM

Yeah I remember him saying this (among other things). Damned if we do and damned if we don't. Apparently 55 to 21 wouldn't have been impressive enough. Yet breaking 60 would be impressive enough, however breaking 60 is "running up the score" as well. Makes no sense.

The way I see it, mizzou kept throwing and trying to score, so if they're gonna play that game, I wasn't worried about us continuing to score...I liked it. And hell we ran the ball a lot in the 2nd half. And we probably don't break the 60 point mark if we didn't have such a stud as our 3rd string tailback. So now what, they want us to appologize for having such great depth at running back?? Screw all the haters.

F*ck abc/espn, and their biased agenda. I really don't understand why they're so set to slide comments in that are anti-OU...I'm tired of their b.s. It's getting very old.
I hope we can figure out how to slow tebow down and beat Florida, then maybe these a-holes will shut the hell up. But I'm sure they'll have some stupid reason for why we beat Florida at that point. "They ran the score up, so it was an unclassy victory". Or "Tim Tebow won the game for OU"...or I'm sure they'll figure something out.

Flying Scotsman
12/7/2008, 10:07 AM
If Tim Tebow wants to win the NC game for us....I'll take it!

SoonerEmpire
12/7/2008, 02:08 PM
I hope the talking heads continue to trash us and underestimate us from now until the day of the game. It's always fun to see how speechless they are after we just got done waxing whoever their newly anointed team of the week is.