PDA

View Full Version : BV Haters

snp
12/7/2008, 12:32 AM
Line starts here ->

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/1273/eatingcrowjz5.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/eatingcrowjz5.jpg/1/w500.png (http://g.imageshack.us/img75/eatingcrowjz5.jpg/1/)

4 conference championships in 5 years!

DangTire
12/7/2008, 02:20 AM
You might want to stow the stupid **** until after Timmy *** rapes the D in the +1, Ace. Being easily impressed by beating a lousy Missouri team is gonna make you look like a dumb ***. Please see last year for reference.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2008, 02:22 AM
That holiday spirit had no staying power.

snp
12/7/2008, 03:33 AM
You might want to stow the stupid **** until after Timmy *** rapes the D in the +1, Ace. Being easily impressed by beating a lousy Missouri team is gonna make you look like a dumb ***. Please see last year for reference.

You might want to expand your dictionary since cussing doesn't work around here.

You accepted my bait - Bob Stoops is in charge of the bowl preparation, scheme and game plan for the bowl game. If you think there isn't anything that Bob is going to cover, then you don't get football and just need a scapegoat. Accept the fact that some unfortunate circumstances, lousy performances, and turnover happy offenses aren't the sole responsibility of Brent Venables.

4 out of 5.

Crucifax Autumn
12/7/2008, 04:26 AM
There's no such thing as a +1...there are just 5 BCS bowls, one of which is the championship game.

StoopTroup
12/7/2008, 04:35 AM

You have once again without a doubt declared yourself the largest dumb**** in the entire World.

Thanks for doing it here.

Having a front row seat for your perfect season of completely asinine posts has been one of the top highlights on the board this year.

NickZepp is probably applauding your work.

WTG DUMB****!

birddog
12/7/2008, 06:55 AM

so, you pretty much just sit around waiting for the opportunity to strike. must be lonely waiting around for saturday to come around and then, BAM!, there's just not a big enough ***-raping to really shove our noses in your incest-infested sperm. you had the perfect post planned and nobody was gonna stop you. you did some fancy word learnin's. thesaurus.com. is now your homepage but venables and the Sooners just won't let you have your moment of glory.

sucks to be you. the SOONERS will continue to make your life a living hell because they just don't ever feel miserable like you. you thought of ending it all last night when your enemy was putting up 62 points in the BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. now you're putting all of your eggs in one basket for a last shot to go out on top. you've got one month and if it doesn't go in your favor you'll be "calling it quits for good this time", and no one will notice.

good luck with that.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/7/2008, 07:52 AM
so, you pretty much just sit around waiting for the opportunity to strike. must be lonely waiting around for saturday to come around and then, BAM!, there's just not a big enough ***-raping to really shove our noses in your incest-infested sperm. you had the perfect post planned and nobody was gonna stop you. you did some fancy word learnin's. thesaurus.com. is now your homepage but venables and the Sooners just won't let you have your moment of glory.

sucks to be you. the SOONERS will continue to make your life a living hell because they just don't ever feel miserable like you. you thought of ending it all last night when your enemy was putting up 62 points in the BIG 12 CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. now you're putting all of your eggs in one basket for a last shot to go out on top. you've got one month and if it doesn't go in your favor you'll be "calling it quits for good this time", and no one will notice.

good luck with that.

You kicked the tire pretty good

badger
12/7/2008, 08:20 AM
Hook, line, and sinker. :D

85Sooner
12/7/2008, 08:45 AM
AGAIN Talk to me after the Bowl Game. LAst night the D started playing like they didn't care halfway through the third quarter until Stoops started getting upset. That was good to see.

sooneron
12/7/2008, 09:25 AM
32 turnovers. That is sick.

Curly Bill
12/7/2008, 11:41 AM
I'm reserving judgement until after the bowl game. We have a recent history of doing well in the Big 12 Championship Game, in the following BCS bowl game...not so much.

MojoRisen
12/7/2008, 12:11 PM
Brent has one good one left I hope! He always dominates Tech and Mizzou though...

OK State was an interesting game... Again I believe Brent has a big game in him!!

TMcGee86
12/7/2008, 12:16 PM
Yeah I really really want to see BV get this defense prepared to face a team they dont have extensive experience with.

In the past it has worked out very very poorly.

If he keeps UF under 30 I will praise him to the ends of the earth.

Soonermagik
12/7/2008, 12:42 PM
If they can hold Florida down I will bow down to Venables. However, how many times have we seen this D show up for the Big 12 and be lost in bowl games??

Venables, like Stoops, can erase all the bad bowl loses in my mind if they show up and win against Florida.

Let's be honest, Missouri hasn't beaten anyone this year, so I will reserve my judgment against Florida. I pray that I come back here and eat crow about Venables.

badger
12/7/2008, 01:03 PM
21 points allowed for Mizzou and Chase Daniel?! :mad:

UNACCEPTABLE!!!! :mad:

:P this is kind of lame because NP posted as me earlier so I can't pretend I'm angry at BV or anything.

snp
12/7/2008, 01:11 PM
Why is the bowl game the only measuring stick you guys will use?

I'll say it again Bob Stoops is in charge of the bowl preparation, scheme and game plan for the bowl game. If you think there isn't anything that Bob is going to cover, then you don't get football and just need a scapegoat. Accept the fact that some unfortunate circumstances, lousy performances, and turnover happy offenses aren't the sole responsibility of Brent Venables.

4 out of 5.

But by all means, keep pretending you know how to judge a DC better than Bob Stoops. I'm amazed by the arrogance some of you possess. Or the ignorance, it's hard to tell with some of you.

goingoneight
12/7/2008, 01:13 PM
I'm pro-BV as they come... but I'll be honest... Missouri is, has been and always will be a fake under Pinkel. That offense was terribly slow-developing last night and there were plenty of plays where Caniel had ALL DAY to throw. This Florida team is human... but they're by far going to be the best team we've played since probably USC in 2004. I know we embarassed FSU in front of a home FSU crowd, but it bears mentioning that we're going to play in front of 60K or more Gator fans. Thankfully the no huddle has erased all of the offensive road woes this year to this point.

OU's defense did okay last night, but there is always room for asking why they didn't do better. All of the touchdowns we surrendered were really garbage scores that could have easily been defended better. Look no further than Brian Jackson giving up on the last Missouri score as if to say "oh, well..." and then Stoops lit into him.

IMO, we have a LOT of work to do. But getting there is better than not getting there. You never know when you're going to catch a huge break like Tebow has a bad night or a key injury. WVU got a LOT of breaks against us last year and you could see how that snowballed from a competitive matchup into a blowout.

Gandalf_The_Grey
12/7/2008, 01:15 PM
You have to ignore DangTire...I am guessing Venables is having sex with either his wife or daughter since 85 of his 86 post have been bitching about Venables and that type of ratio is damn near impossible to pull off!

Curly Bill
12/7/2008, 01:19 PM
Why is the bowl game the only measuring stick you guys will use?

It's not, but this is where we've had problems the past few seasons. We make it a habit of defending people we are familiar with fairly well. We have not done so well with folks we meet in bowl games and are less familiar with, thus that being where some of us want to see improvent.

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2008, 02:20 PM
I'm not anti-BV and I am not sure how much of our problems on defense are due to his coaching. But from what I can tell the D played outstanding for one half of the game. In the previous game it gave up a ton of yards and points to OSU.

That's not good enough to beat Florida. That's not good enough to even give them a good game.

snp
12/7/2008, 02:22 PM
It's not, but this is where we've had problems the past few seasons. We make it a habit of defending people we are familiar with fairly well. We have not done so well with folks we meet in bowl games and are less familiar with, thus that being where some of us want to see improvent.

2003: 14 points allowed at their home stadium
2004: 4 turnovers in the first half in our side of the field against an incredible offense, game over at half
2005: Shut down 12th best scoring offense
2006: My favorite so I will go into a little more depth

1st TD - Walker bites on PA
2nd TD - PT fumbles on the 9
3rd TD - Latimer whiffs tackling on a WR right before half
4th TD - Pick-6
5th TD - Lewis Baker breaks outside containment WHICH HE WAS COACHED NOT TO DO
Overtime TD - Illegal motion on Zabransky, Reggie Smith left his man and Latimer tried to cover, couldn't do it.
2 Point conversion - Boise ran the same formation earlier in the year, coaches had it figured out. Boise pulled out the ultimate trick play and it worked.

2007: Well, we flat out sucked last year. Key defensive players missing (Granger, Harris, Holmes, Smith) but even with those guys we still probably allow 30. They just didn't care last year and I place that loss on a great WVU team that wanted it more and Stoops not motivating them enough.

Collier11
12/7/2008, 02:28 PM
I said it before the season and I will say it again...Stoops and BV will not let this team lose the bowl game this year, no matter who we play. Stoops has a ton of pride and he knows what people have been saying about him not being able to prepare or motivate this team in bowl games. Just Watch!

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2008, 02:45 PM
I'm not anti-BV and I am not sure how much of our problems on defense are due to his coaching. But from what I can tell the D played outstanding for one half of the game. In the previous game it gave up a ton of yards and points to OSU.

That's not good enough to beat Florida. That's not good enough to even give them a good game.

That's a silly statement as it's a team effort, not just defense. If the coaches create a good game plan and the players do a good job of following it, we will give them a good game. Heck, we gave up 45 to UT and 41 to OSU and they were both good games - as in competitive and not decided until the 4th qtr.

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2008, 02:46 PM
Sorry for the multiple posts

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2008, 02:51 PM
And I still think that's a silly statement, no matter how many times you post it ;)

SoonerStormchaser
12/7/2008, 03:27 PM
Ok...I've got my knife, fork, some salt-n-peppa and some buttery sauce for my crow.

BV, I know I've knocked you...but PLEASE do not let me down in Miami!

Leroy Lizard
12/7/2008, 03:32 PM
Heck, we gave up 45 to UT and 41 to OSU and they were both good games - as in competitive and not decided until the 4th qtr.

All you are saying is that our offense is good enough to overcome our sucky defense. Maybe so, but that doesn't let our D off the hook.

BoulderSooner79
12/7/2008, 03:47 PM
I'm just questioning your definition of a good game. Only 2 teams have given *us* a good game and that is UT and OSU. No one has taken it to us and if we play to our capability, UF won't either. Note I'm not saying we will win because no one has taken it to UF either. Only ole Miss and 'Bama have given them a good game.

OU_Sooners75
12/7/2008, 03:57 PM
Where does the line begin for those that are easily impressed with our defense?

The bowl game is not the only thing I look at, but BV has had Missouri's number since he has arrived. The spread offense does not work against OU. And the fact that our bowl games has reminded me of something that needed to be flushed. Then you might want to wait to ask for the "haters" to line up for crow.

If we can shut down Florida, then I will be happy to eat crow, even though I am not an all out hater, just have been disappointed by some of our teams planning and execution under BV.