PDA

View Full Version : Orange Throwing Retards

DrZaius
12/6/2008, 11:32 PM
We are going to the Championship Game NOT the Orange Bowl. Go back to high school an get an edumacation..... :P

Rogue
12/6/2008, 11:52 PM
I guess it's about tradition.
If I was there and I had an orange...I'd throw it. ;)

Rogue
12/6/2008, 11:56 PM
If you were joking, my sarcasm meter doesn't work when it's fulla beer.

Doged
12/7/2008, 12:03 AM
Ya'll can go where ya' want, but I'm going to the Orange Bowl on Jan 8th to watch the Sooners win the BCS Champeenship! ;)

GottaHavePride
12/7/2008, 12:14 AM
Have fun at the Orange Bowl. It's a dump.

I'll be waving at you from Pro Player Stadium.

bluedogok
12/7/2008, 12:16 AM
You'll be awfully lonely, the game is at Dolphin Stadium and not the Orange Bowl. The Orange Bowl game is earlier with Va. Tech and someone else.

RedstickSooner
12/7/2008, 12:20 AM
You all have it wrong. The people who threw the oranges weren't retarded numbnuts whose grasp of college football is so faint they don't realize the championship game is no longer the orange bowl as it would've been before the extra BCS bowl got added -- in truth, they're just a very vocal minority which hopes that we can somehow backslide into playing Cincinatti in a rematch, there in the Orange Bowl, while some other team plays Florida in the national championship game.

pott_2
12/7/2008, 12:27 AM
They should have thrown cans of not-dolphin safe tuna.

DrZaius
12/7/2008, 12:31 AM
They should have thrown cans of not-dolphin safe tuna.

Coconuts could be fun and bloody......:D

soonergirlNeugene
12/7/2008, 12:37 AM
If you ask me, tradition>>>whatever the BCS is calling the national championship game these days. It would have been dumb if the championship game was in Pasadena this year, but it's being held at the site of the (new) orange bowl, so it's close enough. As long as they're not causing us penalties and not hitting players with them, let it rain.

SouthFortySooner
12/7/2008, 12:55 AM
what makes these people doofusses is carrying the orange in was premeditated. not very well meditated. :cool:

bringit
12/7/2008, 12:58 AM
oranges = florida for 99% of the world. are yall really bullying the orange crowd? really?

Rogue
12/7/2008, 01:00 AM
I just saw a replay of a freakin' orange rolling between Sam and the center before the snap. WTF?!

DrZaius
12/7/2008, 01:02 AM
Not really I just thought it was funny.

btw..

Chris Fowler just took Urban Myers load right in his mouth.... gross!

SCOUT
12/7/2008, 01:25 AM
Let's just assume that throwing an orange is appropriate for our bowl game. Why in the world would you think it is a good idea to throw it at the feet of our offense while trying to score?

SleestakSooner
12/7/2008, 01:32 AM
What were they thinking? Orange trees cant grow in that climate.

En_Fuego
12/7/2008, 01:34 AM
The thought was there..............givin a break.....thats our fans....period.

sooner59
12/7/2008, 02:37 AM
It probably wasn't on TV but after the game was over, it rained oranges. The players loved it and even put some in the bowl of the Big 12 Champ. trophy. I guess if our fans are idiots, so are our players.

Crucifax Autumn
12/7/2008, 03:13 AM
not hitting players with them

Ah, booger needs an orange to the nuts!

StoopTroup
12/7/2008, 04:50 AM
Did the TV not show the Horsepig going around the field picking up oranges and gobbling them up?

He was cracking me up.

Also...you should have heard the whining from the pathetic retard mizzou fans when the Schooner broke down.

They were screaming get that POS off the field! Throw a flag! On and on...

I turned around and said "It's wore out from all the touchdowns we scored this year...it's time for an overhaul". :D

They immediately STFU. :pop:

SoonerEmpire
12/7/2008, 01:49 PM
I saw one of the oranges roll right by his foot as he was dropping back. Glad he didn't step on it and twist or sprain an ankle...

RedstickSooner
12/7/2008, 05:16 PM
If you ask me, tradition>>>whatever the BCS is calling the national championship game these days. It would have been dumb if the championship game was in Pasadena this year, but it's being held at the site of the (new) orange bowl, so it's close enough. As long as they're not causing us penalties and not hitting players with them, let it rain.

I agree that tradition is great -- but the Orange Bowl IS being played, and we're not in it. So we shouldn't throw oranges. Cincinatti and whatever other lame-o second-rate conference champ is playing in the Orange Bowl this season *should*.

We're playing in an entirely different game, held a week later, that is absolutely, positively, not the Orange Bowl.

soonergirlNeugene
12/7/2008, 05:33 PM
Ya but if thats the case, we're only going to throw oranges when we're 3rd place at best, and with our Fiesta contract it's only once in a blue moon that we'll be going to the "true" orange bowl - we'd either have to lose the Big 12 or some crazy bowl picking would have to happen to put us there now. Yay we got into an inferior BCS bowl! If the choice is between celebrating falling short of our goals and being the slightest bit inaccurate because the BCS wanted to add another BCS game without adding another bowl, sorry I'll choose the latter.

Throwing oranges when you're playing for a national title is a Sooner tradition. It's bad enough we only get to do that once every four years. :rolleyes:

bluedogok
12/7/2008, 05:38 PM
I don't care if it's "tradition" or not, throwing them during the game is stupid, after the game no big deal.

Either the KC or StL paper said it came out of the Missouri section.

badger
12/7/2008, 05:45 PM
IDEA:

The BCS is universally accepted as the worst system possible for determining a champion, thus for future BCS Championship Game aspirations, the acceptable alternative fruit to throw shall be "LEMON," regardless of the game's location.

Curly Bill
12/7/2008, 05:48 PM
If I don't accept it as the worst system possible can I still throw oranges? :D

soonersponge
12/7/2008, 05:53 PM
This year it is the BCS Championship hosted by the Orange Bowl. I think it is fine to do a little Orange throwing.

DeadSolidPerfect
12/7/2008, 06:14 PM
We've been throwing oranges while winning conference championships for 40 years, why stop now? Everytime the Sooners are in the conference championship game at least one orange should find the field.

All_Day_28
12/7/2008, 07:34 PM
Stop whining about people throwing oranges.. you are probably the same people calling texas fans whiners. it's not cool when they do it, and it's not cool when you do it.

soonerboy_odanorth
12/7/2008, 08:47 PM
^^^ And then we went on to burn out the scoreboard lights against them too.^^^

That didn't suck.

But back on topic.... I think orange-throwing was perfectly on target. (Aside from the well-placed sarcasm.) Mizzou knew what it meant. And we sure do.

I do not dislike the BCS plus-one format. But each of these BCS plus-one sites (until they are replaced by the next gen BCS or playoff), should offer a duplicate trophy. Whoever wins between Cincinatti and Va Tech should get an Orange Bowl Champions tropy; but also, whoever wins the National Championship at the "Orange Bowl" (regardless of actual location) should get, on top of the crystal, an Orange Bowl NATIONAL Champions trophy.

That would keep the traditions and the legitimacy of the bowl system alive and well in this transition period of the bowl system to the BCS system, to the BSC-Playoff hybrid (that is coming). What if the best 8 this year were lined up in the 4 and played Christmas weekend?:

Sugar: Florida v. Boise State (or Texas Tech)
Orange: OU v. Utah
Rose: USC v. Penn State
Fiesta: Texas v. Alabama

And I know... the biggest problem to this is getting the locals to move their bowl festivals up a week. But given the prospect of having them or not, you think they won't eventually agree to do it? Of course they will! It's all about the money, honey!

So back on-topic to my off-topic... This year... that national quarterfinals would occur on Dec. 27. Then, after the 4 traditional biggies, they pick two semifinal locations... Jerry World, Qualcomm in San Diego, Tampa Bay, Houston, any Dome or Southern site (including traditional college sites) would be eligible. And that would (this season) occur on Jan 3. Then the National Championship might actually occur at another similar site on Jan 10. So how is this drastically different than how it is done now? The National Champ game this year is on a very odd Thursday... Jan. 8. And, with all of the playoffs ocurring over what essentially constitutes winter break, the "miss too much class" argument goes buh-bye.

And all the other bowls that are "left out in the cold?" They are essentially a national NIT for football. Which is what they really are anyway. So no harm, no foul.

Anyway, if I'd been there, and had an orange in my pocket, I'd-a thrown it!