PDA

View Full Version : How did we lose to Texass?

soonersam
12/6/2008, 10:37 PM
I hate being the OU homer but this is the best offense I've seen in my 32 years of watching college football. I would love to play Texas again in a playoff or championship game....

Who can score with us?

I give Bob/Brent credit for getting our defense ready to play the last couple weeks, but would Florida go TD for TD with us?

Knippz
12/6/2008, 10:40 PM
No. :D

Cam
12/6/2008, 10:48 PM
There are a lot of reasons IMHO.
- Murray not comfortable with his knee yet
- Losing Reynolds and not having the 2nd team ready to play
- Gresham turning around instead of blocking on the fake punt
- Kickoff coverage. Their sideline and fans were out of it until then.
- Cheap flags. Not saying we didn't get some for us either, but the couple roughing flags on McCoy were crap.

We haven't seen the same OU team since Dallas. Having said that, we'll be the underdog against Fla.

Rogue
12/6/2008, 10:49 PM
By fielding the worst defense I've ever watched wear Oklahoma uniforms.

soonersam
12/6/2008, 10:49 PM
No. :D

Oh thanks!!! Thats good news!

Rogue
12/6/2008, 10:50 PM
OH yeah, and special teams nightmares.

Rogue
12/6/2008, 10:55 PM
Musberger talking about Holiday Bowl!

Rogue
12/6/2008, 11:02 PM
I'm schnockered

TheGodfather889
12/6/2008, 11:04 PM
The giving up the kickoff return for the touchdown allowed it to be a 10 point deficit at the end of the game. The lack of the running game is also a reason. I thought the defense played poorly and overall I still think they are a bit inconsistent. The decision to call the fake punt which was completely stupid. The refs calling those roughing the passer calls which didn't need to be called. Definitely keep in mind that Florida will be one of the best teams that Bob Stoops has ever gone up against. OU must bring their A-game. I do not believe that OU wants to be in a shootout against Florida, track meets are not good for the National Championship. I think for OU to beat Florida they have to step up their play on the defensive side of the football and play up to the caliber of the offense if they want to win the National Championship. They must get stops.

soonersam
12/6/2008, 11:11 PM
I'm schnockered

ditto

aero
12/6/2008, 11:24 PM
They scored more points.

Well, besides that. The loss of Reynolds was huge. Box was doing great but w/o those two there seems to be a void in the middle. I'd say that's the biggest reason we lost to texass. I also think we need to recruit a kicker. I think the biggest problem with k/o's is we get no depth. Most teams get our kicks at their 15 or worse, and their off to running before we've even gotten off the first blocks. We need a kicker who can kick it long and high.

King Crimson
12/6/2008, 11:36 PM
D couldn't get off the field in the second half.

UT made plays to win.

RGCC
12/7/2008, 12:01 AM
That one loss is what's going to make you feel bad even if you luck out and beat Florida!

It's kind of like having someone letting a stinky fart just as the photos of you and your lovely bride are being taken at your beautiful wedding reception. You wished it hadn't happened but it did and it cast a foul pall over the entire event.

You can keep talking about Texass all you want but it's like having Herpes you got it and it's never going away and you just have to accept it for what it is and move on.

Seeing all okies give the upside down horns signs and all the board signs just makes Texass that much more popular with everyone outside the dust bowl state.

Also, do you backwoodies really want to play Cincinnatti in the Orange Bowl?

What a laugher that was to see the oranges roll onto the field and some of the players acutally eating them :o

I acutally don't like Texass either, they are arrogant and pompus but keeping them in the limelight like you guys are doing is doing nothing but make their case more and more evident and making them more and more popular which you guys don't need either.

Good Luck in the Orange Bowl :)

soonervegas
12/7/2008, 12:19 AM
We let a good hungry team hang around too long.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
12/7/2008, 12:23 AM
I also remember some horrible officiating.

bluedogok
12/7/2008, 12:25 AM
Seeing all okies give the upside down horns signs and all the board signs just makes Texass that much more popular with everyone outside the dust bowl state.
Wanna bet? That is a delusion that Texans have, go almost anywhere else in the country and they can't stand the pompous "Texas Attitude", I know that I get it some because I have Texas plates on my cars. I may live here but I'll never be a damned Texan, I will always will be an Okie and a Sooner.

Scotty
12/7/2008, 12:29 AM
That one loss is what's going to make you feel bad even if you luck out and beat Florida!

It's kind of like having someone letting a stinky fart just as the photos of you and your lovely bride are being taken at your beautiful wedding reception. You wished it hadn't happened but it did and it cast a foul pall over the entire event.

You can keep talking about Texass all you want but it's like having Herpes you got it and it's never going away and you just have to accept it for what it is and move on.

Also, do you backwoodies really want to play Cincinnatti in the Orange Bowl?

What a laugher that was to see the oranges roll onto the field and some of the players acutally eating them :o

I acutally don't like Texass either, they are arrogant and pompus but keeping them in the limelight like you guys are doing is doing nothing but make their case more and more evident and making them more and more popular which you guys don't need either.

Good Luck in the Orange Bowl :)

**** off, dip ****

soonersam
12/7/2008, 12:29 AM
I really dont think any team will outscore us in a bowl game....

Floida is good but boring and boring!!

Lifetime Network called and want to pick up their games!!!!!

TMcGee86
12/7/2008, 12:52 AM
I had that same though when I realized that McCoy leads the team in rushing with only 500 yards.

How the F did we lose to them.

I really think the cold weather is our friend. With our mammoth O-line I think we are a much better team when the temp is cold. Look at how we have run the ball the past few weeks.

I'm praying for an early January cold snap in Miami.

RGCC
12/7/2008, 12:52 AM
**** off, dip ****

Truth hurts doesn't it Scotty, I would be pissed off too!

Bet your IQ is about as short as your temper :)

GrapevineSooner
12/7/2008, 01:01 AM
The SF.com veterans committee reminds you not to feed the trolls.

Have a nice day.

The Remnant
12/7/2008, 01:43 AM
RGCC. Speaking of stinky farts... That appears to be something that you know a lttle bit about.

rainiersooner
12/7/2008, 01:59 AM
By fielding the worst defense I've ever watched wear Oklahoma uniforms.

Oh come on, surely not the worst....

Desert Sapper
12/7/2008, 02:05 AM
****ty coverage on special teams. Not covering the middle of the field in the second half. A few crappy decisions. Reynolds injury.

We play Texas again and we beat them by 20.