PDA

View Full Version : Random newsicles

Okla-homey
12/6/2008, 07:06 AM
newsicles is a word I just coined. A newsicle is like a factoid, only less permanent.

1) "W" pretty much drew a line in the sand yesterday when he put Congress on notice he won't sign any bail-out of the Big Three in the time he has left. Some say GM won't make payroll in December otherwise.

2) Caroline Kennedy has announced interest in HRC's old senate seat. Word on the street is NYers will give it to her. She has no qualifications other than being the daughter of JFK and Jackie O, but hey, she's a Kennedy. And that's all that really matters.

3) The Clinton's appear to be folding their tents in NY state. No real need to maintain a presence there anymore. Shifting focus back to DC.

4) Nymex January West Texas Intermediate fell $2.86 to a low of $40.81 bbl, its lowest level since January 2005, down 25.02 per cent this week. Some think we may have dollar a gallon gas by early next year.

Flagstaffsooner
12/6/2008, 08:16 AM
2) Caroline Kennedy has announced interest in HRC's old senate seat. Word on the street is NYers will give it to her. She has no qualifications other than being the daughter of JFK and Jackie O, but hey, she's a Kennedy. And that's all that really matters.
Jeeeezus, they will vote for anybody.

bluedogok
12/6/2008, 04:23 PM
Well, what were HRC's real qualifications other than being the wife of the president? At least Caroline has a long history with the State of New York instead of moving in prior to an election, so she would have a more legitimate claim to me than HRC did.

I also think on the news the other night that this would be a Governor's appointment to fulfill the term rather than a special election.