PDA

View Full Version : English May Play...

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2008, 03:51 AM
Stoops: English ready for limited duty

December 5, 2008 5:43 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- I just returned from the afternoon press conferences with Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops and Missouri coach Gary Pinkel. As with most of these day-before-the-game media confabs, little new information was revealed.

One interesting report from Stoops is that injured Oklahoma defensive end Auston English might be able to see action in 20-25 snaps tomorrow night. English, the preseason's Big 12 defensive player of the year has missed his last three games after sustaining a sprained knee against Nebraska on Nov. 1.

"He's practiced more and more thorugh the week," Stoops said. "We're optimistic that he'll give us 20-25 snaps. But we'll see. We want to make sure that he feels good about it tomorrow and when he goes in he's comfortable."

Stoops also said that English's conditioning shouldn't be a concern with that amount of work.

And Pinkel said that tight end Chase Coffman willl see action, although he is not at peak conditioning because of a lingering problem with turf toe.

"He played at about 80 percent last week and we expect him to play about the same this week," Pinkel said.

Coffman ranked fifth nationally with a per-game average of 7.90 catches per game. He missed two games before returning for six receptions for 53 yards and two TDs last week in the Tigers' loss to Kansas.

olevetonahill
12/6/2008, 04:02 AM
Must succs to be a tiger fan ;)

IBleedCrimson
12/6/2008, 04:04 AM
great to see English feelin better. Good kid and helluva athlete.

Flagstaffsooner
12/6/2008, 06:53 AM
In other news from the coaches pressy

Reporter: “Any further questions: what do you expect to see from the Sooners in terms of game management and strategy on Saturday?”
Pinkel: “I’m gonna just be frank with you. I expect them to put sixty points worth of ungreased football schlong right into our outflow pipe, frankly. Take that down: I expect them to sodomize us with an excellence unseen since Halston took on three members of the French Men’s Rugby Squad in 1980 in the VIP at Club 54. We’re going to be rammed from the aftside by a battleship that, frankly, will likely split our humble clipper ship in two. We’re Edward Norton in the shower in American History X, and we know what’s coming. It doesn’t mean we like it, but in life, sometimes you’re the plunger, and sometimes you’re the toilet begging for a mercy flush.
So, in return what I expect is a quality reacharound. Not a half-assed flubbing of the old Atari Boystick, no, what I want in return for taking the biggest Barbary Pirate Handshake since Joel Klatt watched his brain fly out of his nose (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo21UmZL9pg) is a quality courtesy butter-churning from the man in return. Let us get some points back in the third and fourth. Make sure Chase has at least one eyeball when the game is over. Take out Demarco Murray when they’re up by thirty. The little things.
If you’re going to flesh-kebab someone, you might as well give the courtesy of rubbing their meat before applying the heat. That’s all I’m saying, and you can quote me on that. We’re not looking for a pastor’s handshake here. I want my team to feel the concerned but firm grip of a closeted plumber on holiday in a Miami bathhouse, dammit. It’s the least they can do after what will probably happen to us on Saturday.
Any other questions? What? Why are you looking at me like that?
[/the sound of flashbulbs, furious scribbling, and phones being dialed.]

EDSBS

IronHorseSooner
12/6/2008, 08:09 AM
That sound you just heard was Booger taking a dump in his pants! OH, NO, NOT AGAIN!!!

oubose
12/6/2008, 08:23 AM
Thats how Stoop's puts a little ENGLISH on it! Mizzou corner pocket!

Dan Thompson
12/6/2008, 12:25 PM
Alexander hasn't been too shabby.

BoulderSooner79
12/6/2008, 01:02 PM
The DE have played great the last few games w/o English, but it will certainly help to let them rest a few more plays if English can be effective. It will be tiring trying to rush Daniel all game.

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2008, 04:32 PM
The extra rest will be a huge factor IMO

soonerinabilene
12/6/2008, 07:04 PM
any word on box?