PDA

View Full Version : Who do you want in a Champ Game?

BermudaSooner
12/5/2008, 07:36 PM
Assuming we beat Mizzou,

Looks like we've got a possibility of Bama, Florida or Texas. Who would ya'll rather play.

As far as winning, I think we would have the easiest time with Bama, think we'd beat Texas second time around and Florida is the scariest of the bunch.

I'd love to rematch Texas, but the downside there is much much higher than the other two. I'm not sure I could handle losing to them twice in the same year. Would love to prove those computers right though!

shaun4411
12/5/2008, 07:39 PM
Ball state vs Utah

JLEW1818
12/5/2008, 07:40 PM
Texas

OUHOMER
12/5/2008, 07:47 PM
I dont care just get OU there.

IBleedCrimson
12/5/2008, 07:50 PM
it would be indescribably sweet to put an *** whippin on TU in the title game... I'm getting hard just thinkin about it

AllAboutThe'O'
12/6/2008, 12:41 AM
I want Florida, even though the Gators might be the most difficult of the three between them, Texas and Bama. Would love to shut down Tebow and company and prove our worth to the nation.

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2008, 12:53 AM
Texas would be fun of course, but my dream scenario is florida in a game where we completely shut down their offense and score an ungodly number of points on them showing that their defenses in the SEC suck and that defenses in the Big 12 are extremely underrated and only look bad due to the awesomeness of Big 12 offenses.

soonermeteor
12/6/2008, 01:58 AM
I'm personally not a fan of a Texas rematch. It would be the biggest game ever......for us and Texas. I don't see how it can be considered a "national" championship if this whole thing just plays out within the big 12 south. I can see most people around the country discrediting it even if it is an exciting game.

CORNholio
12/6/2008, 02:08 AM
The problem with a Texas rematch is that all the SEC pundits will discredit it by saying that the SEC champ would have won had they gotten the opportunity. I want Alabama. Classic matchup. Plus I think OU matches up better with Bammer than Florida. Their offense isn't overwhelming and neither is OU's defense. OU's offense is stellar and so is Alabama's defense. I would rather play a defensive minded team than a team who has a great offense with a mobile quarterback. OU has always struggled against mobile quarterbacks, especially with the injuries at LB.

olevetonahill
12/6/2008, 02:33 AM
I just want to meet the Idiots that want to Challenge Us
Any of the Three
Bama Cause of the History and Friendliness
Fla. just to shut up the Mouths
Saxet = Same reason
If we Dont Blow Out Misery then I be a tad worried about who we match up with . But we gonna win by at least 21 and Then I say
" Bring it Bitch "
;)

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2008, 02:39 AM
21? Are you crazy? It'll be 50! heh

olevetonahill
12/6/2008, 02:43 AM
21? Are you crazy? It'll be 50! heh

100% Card carrying ;)
And Yer Point ?
Im gonna post a thread. One time bet 1st caller gets it
30 Bucks
OU wins By 28 ;)
Ive Only lost 1nce this year , thats cause I bet Az against the Rubbers heads up :D

DallasSooner87
12/6/2008, 03:06 AM
All three at the same time. And I still say we win by two TD's.

Crucifax Autumn
12/6/2008, 03:27 AM
100% Card carrying
And Yer Point ?
Im gonna post a thread. One time bet 1st caller gets it
30 Bucks
OU wins By 28
Ive Only lost 1nce this year , thats cause I bet Az against the Rubbers heads up

Man..I live in Vegas. You can't survive long here if you feed your gambling addiction!

olevetonahill
12/6/2008, 03:34 AM
Man..I live in Vegas. You can't survive long here if you feed your gambling addiction!

Im trying to Parlay it Ho .:P
My Ex Bro In law lived there for Years . he just died a few yrs ago

KingBarry
12/6/2008, 04:55 AM
OU has always struggled against mobile quarterbacks, especially with the injuries at LB.

Doesn't everybody?

As to the match up, Texas. Downside: I am sick to my stomach until January (always that way before TX games, but another month!:eek:

Would also love to play Alabama -- which is clearly the one program most like ours. Tradition rich, and full of prestige. One of the few other programs that can claim a college football pedigree on par with Oklahoma, albeit they shockingly have no Heisman winners. And a team that, until the home-and-home series a few years back (remember when we thought Fran was a good coach?) we barely played. We had an 0-1-1 record against them from two meetings in 60s bowl games.

Not much interest in playing Florida, but as Bob would say, I'll play whoever show up.

Since71ASooner4Life
12/6/2008, 05:04 AM
Would love to prove those computers right though!

I believe the coaches poll already has. I've always regarded their vote as "expert testimony". Except for an occasional moment when politics has gotten in the way, who else has a better opinion?

Flagstaffsooner
12/6/2008, 07:13 AM
Ball state vs UtahOnce again you make a complete a$$ out of yourself.:mad:

oubose
12/6/2008, 08:27 AM
OU vs. texass, but I don't want to wait for January. To hell with that! How about next weekend.