PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech News

JLEW1818
12/5/2008, 05:09 PM
Crabtree's dad claims they are leaning on coming out.

Graham Harrell said there is a good chance Coach Leach will go to another school.

Seen it on the bottom of ESPN, trying to find links.

JLEW1818
12/5/2008, 05:10 PM
LUBBOCK, Texas -- Even as confirmation came that Mike Leach was no longer seeking the University of Washington coaching job, Texas Tech quarterback Graham Harrell said he thinks there's a "great chance" his coach will leave.

The potential Heisman Trophy finalist said if Leach left it wouldn't be because of Texas Tech.

"I think it has to do more with him wanting a new challenge," Harrell said.

"There's a great chance" he'd leave, Harrell said. "But if he stays he's going to continue to be successful here, and I'd love to see that."

A few hours later, a person close to the Texas Tech coach -- who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to discuss it -- confirmed that Leach had withdrawn his name from consideration for the Washington job.

ESPN's Joe Schad reported on Thursday that according to a source close to Leach, the Red Raiders' coach had withdrawn his name from consideration for the Huskies' position.

Leach's name reportedly remained on the wish list at Auburn, two days after Tommy Tuberville resigned as coach of the Tigers.

Harrell, whose non-throwing hand was heavily bandaged following his surgery Sunday to repair nine bones broken in his pinkie and ring finger, spoke to The Associated Press about Leach's future Thursday afternoon.

Harrell injured his left hand in Texas Tech's 35-28 win over Baylor on Saturday.

He said Leach "gets more out of less than probably anyone in the country" because he doesn't get first shot at top recruits -- those players usually get calls from Oklahoma and Texas first.

Two Seattle newspapers had reported Leach was flying to the city Thursday for a second interview with Washington. But Texas Tech athletic director Gerald Myers told The Associated Press he had called across the street to Leach's campus office in Lubbock and was told the coach was there early Thursday afternoon.

Myers repeated what he had said a day before -- that Texas Tech is negotiating with Leach on a contract extension that would keep him with the Red Raiders.

A call to Leach was not returned on Thursday.

"He deserves every penny he gets, he deserves every offer, and wherever he goes he'll be successful, and it'll be fun to watch," Harrell said.

Flagstaffsooner
12/5/2008, 05:22 PM
That would be the end of the sand aggies if the Pirate jumped ship.

JLEW1818
12/5/2008, 05:24 PM
Absolutely

Knippz
12/5/2008, 05:28 PM
I would love to see what he would do with Auburn.

JLEW1818
12/5/2008, 05:29 PM
I just saw a clip saying that Crabtree said he was going to return for his Junior season......................... I'm researching now (not that I care much, just keeps my mind of Saturday)