PDA

View Full Version : No Offense to Bama...

cheezyq
12/5/2008, 02:56 PM
...but I want Florida. I honestly think Alabama will win, and while I'm not a HUGE Bama fan, I do like/respect the team.

But I hate the media (particularly ESPN), and let's face it, the media thinks Florida is the best team. They'll still think that even after you beat them. They'll call it a fluke or whatever, because that's what the media does. And the media thinks that Florida would destroy OU, and that OU and Bama would be a good game because both teams are worse than Florida. I don't disagree that OU/Bama would be a great game.

Any other year, I would LOVE to see OU/Bama. But this year I want Florida. I want to kick the ever-loving crap out of the Gayturds. I want a new suitcase, and I need new boots. And most of all, I want Herbstreit and crew tasting the dirt from the Schooner running all over the field in Miami.

SelmaBamaFan and Sabanball, please understand I mean no offense. But if you guys wouldn't mind stepping aside just this once, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks!
Cheez

batonrougesooner
12/5/2008, 02:59 PM
Bama = No Offense

OUMallen
12/5/2008, 03:12 PM
We will have out hands full with either one.

ClintonSooner
12/5/2008, 03:13 PM
I honestly cant name a player for alabama and i watch sports center everyday... no love from espn too?

mdklatt
12/5/2008, 03:21 PM
Bama = No Offense

With our defense it would be movable object meets resistible force. :O

Miko
12/5/2008, 03:35 PM
Personally I am not very scared of bama, but expect to play fla. (assuming, of course...)

Historically it seems more likely that we would play fla since the game is located in Miami. (rf lsur in N.O. and KU in Kemper and miami in Miami in 88)

TMcGee86
12/5/2008, 03:35 PM
I really want UF because I would welcome the ESPN lovefest they would get for a month before the game.

We tend to do better in those situations and it would be a nice break from the "well OU's gonna crush this team" stuff that seems to lead to upsets.

Plus if Bama wins, I think people will still say UT is the real champ even if we beat Bama.

But with UF, if we hammer them, I think everyone would STFU.

starclassic tama
12/5/2008, 03:39 PM
never understood why people sign the end of their posts with their username. you do know everyone can see your username right above your avatar right?

85sooners
12/5/2008, 03:42 PM
never understood why people sign the end of their posts with their username. you do know everyone can see your username right above your avatar right?who are you?

stoopified
12/5/2008, 04:07 PM
Personally I HOPEBama wins.I would rather face the offensively challeged Tide with OUr banged-up D.Their qb is not a runner and their rushing attack while impressive is very conventional.OU does well against these styleoffenses but has more trouble against mobile pass/run QBs and option attacks.VY,Colt,Brad Smith,Reggie McNeal,Pat White all gave us fits because they could run and pass(with VY this was only an issue his junior year).

Having said that I still think we can beat UF but I hink it will look a lot like the osu game.

IBleedCrimson
12/5/2008, 04:14 PM
I want us to be an underdog going into title game. We don't seem to do well when we r favorites in bowl game :/. That said I think bama is better than most think, but not as good as flawda

JLEW1818
12/5/2008, 04:32 PM
I'm just ready for a great day of Saturday Football...

ACC for the appetizer

Florida/Bama, OU/MIzzou for the main course

Cincy @ Hawaii for dessert ....... yes!

Bama/OU
12/5/2008, 04:37 PM
I soooo want a Bama/OU rematch!! I remember OU beating Bama in the home and home series...which was about the best 2 football games I had seen in years....

cheezyq
12/5/2008, 04:38 PM
never understood why people sign the end of their posts with their username. you do know everyone can see your username right above your avatar right?

You're kidding, right?

sooner2b09
12/5/2008, 04:44 PM

What do you mean?

Sooner2b09

JLEW1818
12/5/2008, 04:44 PM
I soooo want a Bama/OU rematch!! I remember OU beating Bama in the home and home series...which was about the best 2 football games I had seen in years....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuePqhjmpNA

:cool:

MiccoMacey
12/5/2008, 05:23 PM
I want no part of Florida.

I'm hoping and praying for a 'Bama win Saturday.

Czar Soonerov
12/5/2008, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuePqhjmpNA

:cool:

Michael Thompson on the fake! :D

Sabanball
12/5/2008, 07:38 PM
I want no part of Florida.

I'm hoping and praying for a 'Bama win Saturday.

Be careful what you wish for, you might just get it.;)

Sabanball
12/5/2008, 07:44 PM
Personally I HOPEBama wins.I would rather face the offensively challeged Tide with OUr banged-up D.Their qb is not a runner and their rushing attack while impressive is very conventional.OU does well against these styleoffenses but has more trouble against mobile pass/run QBs and option attacks.VY,Colt,Brad Smith,Reggie McNeal,Pat White all gave us fits because they could run and pass(with VY this was only an issue his junior year).

Having said that I still think we can beat UF but I hink it will look a lot like the osu game.

Yep...kinda like that 'conventional' offense that LSU ran in the '04 Sugar Bowl and that SC ran in the '05 Orange when they laid a double nickel on you guys...

BermudaSooner
12/5/2008, 07:46 PM
I honestly cant name a player for alabama and i watch sports center everyday... no love from espn too?

Julio Jones...that's all I got.

JLEW1818
12/5/2008, 07:53 PM
coffee or something lol ,, oh and John Parker, he's a prep

ClintonSooner
12/5/2008, 07:57 PM
brody croyle?? ...nvm

Iam4OUru
12/5/2008, 08:17 PM
They gotta have somebody named Castille, heh?

soonergirlNeugene
12/6/2008, 01:36 AM
I'd rather play Bama. I like their program and a Stoops/Saban matchup would be really cool. Besides, I bet anyone planning on flying out to Miami doesn't want to hear 'gator bait' the entire time they're down there.

birddog
12/6/2008, 08:21 AM
i'm sorry, if bama beats florida the media will not say it's a fluke. that'll give them 2 conference losses, and they'll fall behind tech.

if we play and beat bama no one will say florida is still the best. they'll be long forgotten until they're hyped as pre-season number 1 for next season.

sendbaht
12/6/2008, 08:26 AM
"I want no part of Florida.

I'm hoping and praying for a 'Bama win Saturday."

I'm with you on this one.