PDA

View Full Version : We now get support from Dennis Dodd?!?!?

IronHorseSooner
12/5/2008, 12:27 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11154190

His poking fun at UTerus is priceless. Also, look at Bradford's #s he's about to break :eek: .

I just had an untelligible argument with out resident UTerus alum at work. He had been avoiding me all week. His argument for the OSU game is that we ran up the score. Look at the comment about when Sam comes out of the game and when McCoy does. Use that next time you hear the carp about running up the score.

stoopified
12/5/2008, 12:37 PM
Facts confuse Horns because THEY ARE TEXAS.

MarylandSooner
12/5/2008, 12:41 PM
I guess with UT's logic Sam should play one quarter of the game to make it fair for everyone else. Wa Wa

IronHorseSooner
12/5/2008, 12:53 PM
Another question, why is running up the score even relevant in our conference? With all of these great offenses, they are rarely really out of a game. The Whorn also argued that because we lost by 10, we shouldn't be considered. So? They couldn't beat a team we destroyed by 44! They only beat a team at home by 4 that we beat 20 on the road.

sooner518
12/5/2008, 12:54 PM
hahahaha pretty funny article.

is he serious when he says Tebow has a real chance for the Heisman? really?

IronHorseSooner
12/5/2008, 12:58 PM
Like I've said before, Sam, Colt, Tebow, and Harrell are all fine young men any of them winning would be a credit to the award. I would like Sam to win it, but I won't be "flying a plane" if he doesn't win.

Boomer Mooner
12/5/2008, 01:15 PM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/11154190

His poking fun at UTerus is priceless. Also, look at Bradford's #s he's about to break :eek: .

I just had an untelligible argument with out resident UTerus alum at work. He had been avoiding me all week. His argument for the OSU game is that we ran up the score. Look at the comment about when Sam comes out of the game and when McCoy does. Use that next time you hear the carp about running up the score.

From the Article...
"Bradford has missed the equivalent of an entire game because of blowouts. McCoy has played beyond the first series in the fourth quarter of only three of Texas' 12 games."

Before some whorn points this out, if McCoy has played beyond the the first series in the 4th quarter in only 3 of 12 games, then he sat out almost a whole quarter in 9 games. That adds up to around two entire games Colt was out of the game compared to one game for Sam.

Maybe I am reading it wrong, but I don't think so. We need to make sure we DO let the facts get in the way before we start talking lame smack, lest we look like whorns.

Widescreen
12/5/2008, 01:18 PM
I've seen some people refer to "possession time" vs. "clock time" when referring to how much time a QB has spent on the sidelines. You'd have to compare apples to apples there as well.

oupride
12/5/2008, 01:46 PM
Best Dodd article (with help of the video) EVER!

humblesooner
12/5/2008, 04:48 PM
Who gives a crap if we run up the score?
Do you lose points if you score after a certain margin has been attained?
Don't want us to score? Get better.

Also, if I am not mistaken, I saw Leach call a passing play in one game (KU???) when he had a comfortable lead, there was less than one minute to go in the game, his opponent was out of timeouts and Tech had the ball inside the opponent 5 yard line.

Think he took a knee? Nope. He actually called a timeout and ran another play for the TD. No one said anything about him running up a score.

I hate when anyone says anything about someone else running up the score. If my second or third team is better than your first team, I am not going to ask them to lay down. A&M and Tech and Baylor and OSU are lucky Compassionate Bob is the head coach of the Sooners and not humblesooner.

humblesooner
12/5/2008, 04:58 PM
• Here is the lure of Notre Dame, even at 6-6 coming of a bad loss to USC: The Irish, as of Thursday, still had eight bowl options according to one Irish insider.

And this is why ND will never win another bowl game - ever.
They will always go to a bowl game that is about 3 levels above their ability and they will get embarassed. Frankly, this is one part of the ND lovefest that I do not mind.

cvsooner
12/5/2008, 05:34 PM
To be fair, Dodd has been fairly supportive of the Sooners for much of the season. He did pick the upset at OSewe--which wasn't all that far-fetched--but other than that I think he's been in our corner, nearly all the time.

Stitch Face
12/5/2008, 07:55 PM
Man, that dude looks like Bikerfox.

JLEW1818
12/5/2008, 08:00 PM
Seen better heads on a mule

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2008, 10:47 PM
but I won't be "flying a plane" if he doesn't win

And so the Horns have introduced a new idiom in the American vocabulary.

Wishboned
12/5/2008, 10:59 PM
Texas is all hat...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/TheRainKing/myspace/GoldenHat.jpg

no championship.

oubose
12/6/2008, 08:51 AM
Winning the hat is like going on a date ending it with a good nite kiss, winning the BIG12 is like going on a date and getting laid. Man I can't wait till we get laid tonite. GO SOONERS!!!

IronHorseSooner
12/6/2008, 09:08 AM
Texas is all hat...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/TheRainKing/myspace/GoldenHat.jpg

no championship.

Hey Wishbone, how 'bout we drop Corsuck off in Florida phase and just see what happens:pop: :hot: