PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to come out and say it...

8timechamps
12/5/2008, 10:52 AM
I've thought about this for the last few weeks, and I've been hesitant to say it. I have been hesitant because these kind of things get said way too often, but I really think it's true this time.

This years offense is one of, if not, the best best in cfb history.

We all know that we are 60 points away from breaking 700 (which would put us in the top 3 scoring offenses all time), but it's more than that.

The ease and lethality (if that's a word) of this offense is like one never before seen. When the dust settles, and after we win it all, this offense will be talked about as the best ever.

Boomer.....
12/5/2008, 10:56 AM
We also said similar things about the 2003 team before the CCG. This team does seem to be better offensively but that team was being called the best college football team ever.

8timechamps
12/5/2008, 11:01 AM
I'm not going to call it the best football team ever, because of our defense and special teams play.

In 03, we had a good offense, but nothing like this year's verson. We also had a good defense and I don't think we gave up a special teams play (TD) all year.

I'm only talking about offense.

sooner518
12/5/2008, 11:15 AM
*knocks on wood*

My Opinion Matters
12/5/2008, 11:17 AM
See the thing about 8timechamps is he attained his limited knowledge of history from watching every episode of The Flintstones.

BOOOO 8XC.

soonermagic14
12/5/2008, 11:30 AM
You're right. No doubt this offense is one of the best ever: From the best QB to one of the best O-lines, to a great recieving core, an awesome tight end, a solid fullback....there is no weakness on the offensive side. But there is just so much to prove right now. The offense has had the mentality to score every time they get the ball until they break the opponent's will. I hope they are not satisfied b/c like I said there is so much to prove to everybody in the country ( no defense, no special teams, BCS history, big game Bob, swagger, etc). Man, I hope Balagon is ready and I hope we get our depth back at DE so we can hit arrogant Daniels in the mouth every play.

JLEW1818
12/5/2008, 12:29 PM
Ya and it pisses me off when people say, well Sam has more to work with then Colt...... Shoot look at the ratings of the players when recrutied. Sam just makes everybody better.

Widescreen
12/5/2008, 01:15 PM
We also said similar things about the 2003 team before the CCG. This team does seem to be better offensively but that team was being called the best college football team ever.

And when some people were saying that in 2003, I thought it was stupid. It's a very different thing to say a "team" is the best ever. But I think you can make a decent argument for an offense being the best ever. Our current offense is the best I've personally ever seen - admittedly, I haven't thoroughly watched every offense in the last 30 year or so that I've been following college football. But with an offense, you can point at specific statistics and make a valid argument.

85sooners
12/5/2008, 01:32 PM
:pop:

KaleoHolley
12/5/2008, 02:00 PM
I have been a sooner fan my whole life 25 years old. I was "sad" when we got rid of John Blake, I was young didn't understand the Juggernaut that is the U of O at the time. I have watched college football for as long as I can remember. I have never been more comfortable with a system and an offense like this year. We are all witnessing greatness at its highest peak. We are going to tell are kids kids about this years offense. Truly amazing.

Dan Thompson
12/5/2008, 02:30 PM
I thought this team was good, until I saw a game 'BS' (before Sam). I was suprised how slow and 'dated' the team looked. Kinda tired.

Half a Hundred
12/5/2008, 09:10 PM

The '03 team also had a mediocre running game. No one really talked about it because White and Clayton were setting the world on fire. After Baylor exposed the weaknesses in the pass rush blocking, we never could establish enough of a running game to force the two remaining defenses to abandon that rush attack.

JaminT
12/5/2008, 09:57 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say this is the worst kick coverage team in a decade.

Blues1
12/5/2008, 10:22 PM
Ok -- I've followed Our SOONERS Since 1952 - (Billy Vessel Days) So Far -This is "The Best Offense" I've seen in those 56 years - I will hold off until after Our Bowl game before I say BEST EVER Ever -- But it sure has Been Fun...!!! ~~~~ :)

Lets Just Keep Rockin'
Rock The House Sam....!!!

oubose
12/5/2008, 10:23 PM
Great defense, fantastic offense, kick coverage please help!
GO SOONERS!!!

sidewinder517
12/5/2008, 10:26 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and say this is the worst kick coverage team in a decade.

+1

okiewaker
12/5/2008, 10:32 PM
I think OU fans have been sucked into the " best offense ever", before. As far as I have seen, this offense is one of the best I have ever seen. Hope they bring home the crystal this year.

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2008, 11:04 PM
We are going to tell are kids kids about this years offense.

Oh no! I have heard similar sentiments in the past. Can't remember his name, but he used to coach our favorite team.

I feel like I have opened a time capsule. I just hope things work out better this time around.

BTW, check out Korean drummer dude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPWjNX4PBlI&NR=1

CatfishSooner
12/5/2008, 11:10 PM
best offense...most balanced as well???