PDA

View Full Version : Gameday to promote McCoy for the Heisman---? Corso: Sammy/Tebow playing for 2nd/3rd

aurorasooner
12/5/2008, 01:56 AM
Somebody should send this article to our coaches so they could post it in the KC locker room. Houston paper quotes Corso as having already made up his mind that it's Colt McCoy. I sure hope Sammy goes about 28/30 for 500 yards and we stomp Mizzou. Glad to see Spencer Tillman reply with class. Here's some quotes from the article. The link to the complete article is below. .
Corso to cast vote for Texas’ McCoy Analyst says Tebow, Bradford playing for second

But, in his mind, Tim Tebow of the Gators and Sam Bradford of the Sooners are playing for second and third places in the Heisman Trophy race behind the quarterback who faces a computer-imposed week off, Colt McCoy of the Texas Longhorns.

“He deserves it,” Corso said. “He’s the only quarterback who led his team in running and passing. He was sensational against Oklahoma, and he was sensational in the second half against Texas Tech. Nobody can do any more than he did.

“I don’t care what Bradford and Tebow do. No matter what they do, those guys are playing for second and third.”

As for the Big 12 Championship Game, Corso thinks the Tigers can score 50 points on Oklahoma.
“But if Missouri protects (Chase) Daniel enough to let him throw the ball around, they can score 41 like Oklahoma State did or 45 like Texas did. Keeping Oklahoma under 60 is the problem.”

As for the Heisman, “I think it’s a dead heat,” Tillman said. “I think Sam is right up there with Colt. I can’t give Tim Tebow the same kind of love, because it’s not him this year, it’s the complementary parts on Florida’s offense.

Fox Sport Net analyst Dave Lapham also gives McCoy the nod, http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6148124.html

Fiatil
12/5/2008, 02:02 AM
Yeah I'm sort of worried that Sam really has no shot at the Heisman, just because most people are going to want to give it to McCoy as a "consolation prize" for not getting into the big 12 title game. ESPN is painting us as even more evil than normal, they're not helping Sam get too many votes or anything

cheezyq
12/5/2008, 02:21 AM
No surprise here. ESPN declared war on OU last week and is just continuing their assault.

sportsmediawar.blogspot.com

I seriously don't have a problem with the Heisman going to McCoy. That's because the arguments that ESPN uses to promote McCoy prove that OU is the better TEAM. Bradford is the better QB, and it's a good thing that he won't win the Heisman. Heisman QB's suck in the NFL.

And dude, Dave Lapham is a moron deluxe. I'd almost be worried if two of the biggest idiots in all of college sports media (Corso and Lapham) decided Bradford was better.

aurorasooner
12/5/2008, 02:28 AM
Hopefully if Corso and the rest of the Gameday crew go all out to promote a particular candidate, it'll backfire on them with a lot of the quality sensible Heisman voters. As most of the Heisman Polls say Sammy is either 1 or 2 and it's disturbing to see any supposedly professional network CFB analyst try to exert his influence to promote a candidate above equally qualified candidates for an amateur athletic award especially if it's because all we did was win our last 2 games against top-rated competition and then got the nod by the previously agreed upon rules to represent our division in the Championship game.
IMO, it's a sad state of affairs if the Heisman voters vote for a candidate over another candidate because the division tiebreaker bounced a particular candidate's teams way, and they're trying to punish the system instead of voting what they actually believe.

OU_Sooners75
12/5/2008, 02:35 AM
Its a good thing that the heisman voters actually watch these kids play games. Corso and ESPiN are idiots trying anything and everything to keep the "news" flowing.

Sooner1979
12/5/2008, 02:37 AM
Does anybody watch the show Dexter? Well, I wish Dexter were a real person and he were able to impose his will on Lee Corso and all the other guilty SOB's at ESPN and other sports analysts following suit...Now that would be justice...So if you haven't heard about the show Dexter, then you wont get this and all you need to do is do a google search about the synopsis of the show...

This little petty crap that ESPN is doing to downplay OU's success and deserving of being in the Big XII Championships game is getting really old...I have this sneaking suspision that Stoop's and Company are going use this material as motivation for the last 2 games...

I can't believe that they are really blaming the student athletes at OU for this problem...All OUr team has done is win every game by as many points as possible since losing to Texas...They did exactly what they were supposed to do and now are being punished because the computer polls decided we were the more deserving team at the time...

Mark my words, if McCoy wins the Heisman, OU will win the National Championship as a team in a landslide because all the players will come together because they know who is the more deserving player...

Leroy Lizard
12/5/2008, 02:39 AM
I'm no fan of Corso, but he is entitled to vote for whomever he wants.

Sooner1979
12/5/2008, 02:50 AM

That may be so, but not for the reason's that Corso is doing it for...You know damn well why Corso and the lot will vote for McCoy...If they are going to vote for McCoy, then they need to vote for Zac Robinson because he is way more vital to his teams success than McCoy is...I am not saying that McCoy isnt a very good QB and a solid person, but there are better QB's in this conference let alone in the NCAA as a whole than he...

aurorasooner
12/5/2008, 02:55 AM
Mark my words, if McCoy wins the Heisman, OU will win the National Championship as a team in a landslide because all the players will come together because they know who is the more deserving player... I can't say Sam is more deserving than McCoy, or McCoy is more deserving than Sam, or either is more deserving than Tebow. However, if ESPN and the ESPN analysts/announcers continue to shamefully promote one candidate over the other equally qualified candidates, I'd love to see Sammy/Tebow/Harrell/Crabtree step up and respectfully withdraw their names from the award in protest.

Crucifax Autumn
12/5/2008, 03:08 AM
Screw it, if Colt wins it then hopefully the Florida gaybaiters beat Alabama thing goes right and we get a rematch with the faghorns. Then all our captains can go out on the opening kickoff and repeat that famous line in unison...

OU_Sooners75
12/5/2008, 03:15 AM
With all this said....
SCREW THE HEISMAN...LETS TAKE HOME THE TEAM HARDWARE!

aurorasooner
12/5/2008, 03:26 AM
I'm no fan of Corso, but he is entitled to vote for whomever he wants. I couldn't agree more. Nobody's saying he shouldn't vote the way wants. However, I agree it's fairly obvious imo, why he's stating his preference so early, simply from the way that clown presented his statement. Seriously. Why not just say, I'm voting for McCoy for this & this reason, and not saying I'm voting for McCoy and no matter what the other two do this weekend, they basically aren't worth a damn in comparison.
Look at Spencer Tillman's statement vs Corso's statement. You tell me which one is the Professional Sport's Analyst/Announcer and which one is the Network's toady.

Crucifax Autumn
12/5/2008, 03:34 AM
Tillman's not retarded...Corso on the other hand...

SoonerBacker
12/5/2008, 06:43 AM

Agreed. He has the right to vote for whomever he wishes. But to me, that is not the issue here. He is using his position as a television analyst to try to sway the votes of others. He did the same thing last week in trying to sway voters in the BCS. He should not be allowed to use his position as an "analyst" to push his personal agenda.

Corso sucks. Period.

That said, let's just go out and prove the jacka$$ wrong. Let Colt have the Heisman. Let eSPIN do all they can to trash us. Then go out and win the Big XII Championship, go to the BCS Title game, and bring home the CRYSTAL!

tulsaoilerfan
12/5/2008, 08:58 AM
They did the same thing with Fitzgerald in 2003; hopefully the voters will see that Sam has quite possibly had the best season by a QB in a major conference in college football history

bluedogok
12/5/2008, 11:18 AM
The Heisman is not the award it used to be, it has been marginalized by the media. I could care less who wins it......

Crystal Football >>>>>> Heisman

Thesifer
12/5/2008, 11:58 AM
I can't say Sam is more deserving than McCoy, or McCoy is more deserving than Sam, or either is more deserving than Tebow. However, if ESPN and the ESPN analysts/announcers continue to shamefully promote one candidate over the other equally qualified candidates, I'd love to see Sammy/Tebow/Harrell/Crabtree step up and respectfully withdraw their names from the award in protest.

Would just be viewed as a childish stunt.

Scott D
12/5/2008, 12:02 PM
I can tell you how Carson Palmer's vote will be.

1. Mark Sanchez
2. Vidal Hazelton
3. Joe McKnight

That right there is all you need to know about the validity of the Heisman voting system.

TopDawg
12/5/2008, 12:10 PM
Look at Spencer Tillman's statement vs Corso's statement. You tell me which one is the Professional Sport's Analyst/Announcer and which one is the Network's toady.

Meanwhile, somewhere on a Florida message board, there is a thread titled:

CBS Sports to promote McCoy and Bradford for the Heisman---? Tillman: Tebow playing for third.

FlatheadSooner
12/5/2008, 01:00 PM
Does anybody watch the show Dexter? Well, I wish Dexter were a real person and he were able to impose his will on Lee Corso and all the other guilty SOB's at ESPN and other sports analysts following suit...Now that would be justice...So if you haven't heard about the show Dexter, then you wont get this and all you need to do is do a google search about the synopsis of the show...

Dexter is digging a tunnel underneath Corso's house as we speak. :D

[/QUOTE]This little petty crap that ESPN is doing to downplay OU's success and deserving of being in the Big XII Championships game is getting really old...I have this sneaking suspision that Stoop's and Company are going use this material as motivation for the last 2 games...[/QUOTE]

Things are unfolding just as we had planned!! MuuHaahaaahaaa!!! :cool:

sooneron
12/5/2008, 02:19 PM
I can't say Sam is more deserving than McCoy, or McCoy is more deserving than Sam, or either is more deserving than Tebow.

I can say that Colt/Sam are more deserving of it than Tebow. The award is for the season's work. Tebow was painfully average for the first 4-5 games. Yeah, he's played great recently, but body of work over the entire year is what counts. Tebow hasn't made that cut, imo.

Sooner_Bob
12/5/2008, 03:28 PM
If anyone other than Colt or Sam wins the award it is a complete joke.

A-M
12/5/2008, 06:29 PM
Yeah I'm sort of worried that Sam really has no shot at the Heisman, just because most people are going to want to give it to McCoy as a "consolation prize" for not getting into the big 12 title game. ESPN is painting us as even more evil than normal, they're not helping Sam get too many votes or anything

I agree on this. When the announcers talked about the Heisman during our game with OSU, all they could say was how McCoy deserved the award because he could run and pass and Sam could only pass. Never mind that Bob doesn't want Sam to run, but they sure are on the McCoy band wagon.

josh09
12/5/2008, 06:45 PM
I would much rather have a Big 12 and National Championship in our hands, but just saying, if Sam doesnt win the Heisman, its ridiculous. He has 600 more yards than him, 14 more passing touchdowns, and one less INT.