PDA

View Full Version : Once You Beat Mizzou

nytehorn
12/4/2008, 08:43 PM
Who will be the better match-up for you the MNC?
Bama has an old school grind it out offense, that will run a lot of time off the clock; and a defense that stuffs the run, and puts great pressure on the QB.

Florida has an explosive offense just like OU, and can score points in a hurry. A defense that bends but not breaks; again much like OU.

Which is the better match-up? A team that plays just the opposite, or a team that is almost the mirror image?

Stitch Face
12/4/2008, 08:48 PM
Quit trying to jinx us, horn.

Sooner1979
12/4/2008, 08:52 PM
Who will be the better match-up for you the MNC?
Bama has an old school grind it out offense, that will run a lot of time off the clock; and a defense that stuffs the run, and puts great pressure on the QB.

Florida has an explosive offense just like OU, and can score points in a hurry. A defense that bends but not breaks; again much like OU.

Which is the better match-up? A team that plays just the opposite, or a team that is almost the mirror image?

I think you answered your own question...Since Florida has a similar Offense (not quite as good) and similar defense, then I would say that we would match up better with Florida than Alabama...Having said that, Alabama would probably be a more interesting game with 2 different styles of offense and defense...I am interested in seeing how Alabama's approach matches up with Florida's approach...

Now being that an OU/Alabama game would be a matchup of old school powerhouses, this is the matchup I am looking forward too and hoping for...

Boomer Sooner...And Roll Tide (atleast until January 8th, and then we will Roll those suckers...)

OK2LA
12/4/2008, 08:53 PM
He may have jinxed himself by putting forth such a weak attempt to jinx

4everasooner
12/4/2008, 08:54 PM
No jinxing sloth.

nytehorn
12/4/2008, 09:18 PM
Hell, no jinxing. Just a question I had pondered if we were going. I think both cases would be an interesting match!

nytehorn
12/4/2008, 09:21 PM
Of course, if you read the UF boards, NO ONE has a chance against Superman, as they call Tebow!! And they have several farks to prove it! :D

JLEW1818
12/4/2008, 09:27 PM
Alabama is a solid team, but if we were to play them and we got out to an early lead on them, I don't know if their offense could keep up. Florida is a little more balanced on both sides of the ball.

goingoneight
12/4/2008, 09:33 PM
Who do I want to see? Alabama. The unbeaten continues to the MNC game against us. NTM, I like Bama. Not a huge Saban fan, but call it sour apples. Alabama might not look stellar offensively, but they look very well-managed on offense and seem to get the job done. We've survived by the hair on our chinny-chin-chins before with "effective" offenses under Stoops. This means the obvious that Alabama has stellar defense and special teams play to make it to 12-0. I'm not SEC homer, but I can obviously see that's not easy to do, even in a down year.

Alabama vs OU would not only be great for more of a neutral crowd, I think these teams match up better. That's just what the naked eye says though... you really don't know whose got better speed, athleticism, talent and what have you until they actually line up and duke it out. Hell, I'm still a little bit shocked at some of these recent BCS exposures of ours. Doesn't mean I don't believe in us because if Cincinnati and Texas are going to BCS games, we stacked up really well against them and we're obviously good enough during the regular season to man-handle even the "scariest" teams and venues... can we finally finish the season out? Well, if we beat Missouri, we have our first chance since 2004 to finish a season. Sorry, I could care less if we go Fiesta or Cotton Bowling again.

Jeronimo
12/4/2008, 09:38 PM
I just hope OU gets there. Idc who we play

GottaHavePride
12/4/2008, 09:40 PM
Best matchup?

Texas.

BRING IT!

tommieharris91
12/4/2008, 09:41 PM
You're not analyzing your own team, whorn?

silverwheels
12/4/2008, 09:59 PM
Would rather play Alabama since their offense is not as explosive, but we have to get by Mizzou first.

nytehorn
12/5/2008, 08:11 PM
Oh, yes, TH91, I have. As I stated in the post. I have thought about who we would be better matched up against, had we stayed at #2. It might get ugly if one team is not mentally prepared, but I think Texas would play Florida better. In my thoughts, it would be similar to what the OU/TX game looked like. Us and Bama would be defense against defense, and look like the Ohio St-Miami championship game. BORING!!

Having said that, IMO, OU would do better against Bama. With your defense, Florida will outscore you. Your D has not been the same since you lost Reynolds. Hell, you probably would have beat us, had he not got hurt. I think your offense can make enough plays against Bama to win by 10 at least.

Alum81
12/5/2008, 08:22 PM
I'd rather see Alabama for two reasons; two storied schools going head to head for "another" national title and, 'Bama won't make it a home game for them - if Florida makes it, it will be just like playing LSU in the Sugar Bowl; they will have a huge home field advantage! But I feel confident we could take Florida as well!

Boomer Mooner
12/5/2008, 08:56 PM
GottaHavePride beat me to it.

I want Florida to win ugly and open the door for Texas sooooo bad I can hardly stand it.

nytehorn
12/5/2008, 09:10 PM
GHP and BM, I doubt the voters will let it happen, but I would LOVE to see that too! NO WAY the voters let 2 Big 12 teams in the MNCG. They would vote USC over us, just to prevent that. I imagine there would be lots of grass stains on the backs of both QB's!!!!

oubose
12/5/2008, 10:34 PM
texass sucks and whorns swallow!